Another Police Shooting

Old 04-08-2015, 03:49 PM
n/a

Post Another Police Shooting

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/09/us...says.html?_r=0

Police Officer Michael T Slager, age 33, has been charged with murder and remains in the custody of North Charleston, SC officials after he was videotaped shooting an unarmed black man in the back eight times, as Walter Scott was running away.

Slager was fired from his job on the police force and was denied bond. His wife is eight months pregnant, and he also has two step-children.

Finally these rogue police officers are being made to pay for their actions. If convicted, he could face life in prison or the death penalty.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM
n/a

Walter Scott South Carolina Shooting: Brother Anthony Scott Interview

And the man that shot the video said he would not have come forward with the video if the police had told the truth, but they did not.

More good news for Officer Slager today when his attorney resigned after viewing the tape.

Slager went to work one day and now has no job, soon to have no benefits, three kids and a wife to support, and facing life in prison or death. While another man, father of four, is dead. All over a traffic stop. Hope it was worth it.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Walter Scott South Carolina Shooting: Brother Anthony Scott Interview

And the man that shot the video said he would not have come forward with the video if the police had told the truth, but they did not.

More good news for Officer Slager today when his attorney resigned after viewing the tape.

Slager went to work one day and now has no job, soon to have no benefits, three kids and a wife to support, and facing life in prison or death. While another man, father of four, is dead. All over a traffic stop. Hope it was worth it.

Lester Holt will be interviewing this man on NBC Nightly News in just 30 minutes.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:00 PM
n/a

Why did the man run?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why did the man run?
According to the report on NBC Nightly News, Scott was running away from being tased.

Also according to the news, there is a dashboard webcam that could be released as early as tomorrow. Since this webcam is in police custody, and since the police department fired Officer Slager today, the evidence on the webcam must be damaging.

According to the police report, Slager and the other officers stated that they had given Scott CPR. This is a total fabrication. The officers complicit in this crime by falsifying reports should also be fired.

These rogue cops must be stopped. Let Slager be an example when he never sees daylight ever again.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:15 AM
n/a

S.C. Officer Charged With Murder Had Prior Excessive Force Complaint

Officer Slager had an excessive force complaint lodged against him in 2013. It seems the incident was a case of mistaken identity. After the innocent victim had been tasered by Slager and filed a complaint, the charges were dropped, even though several eye-witnesses were not asked to respond.

If this incident had been investigated more thoroughly, perhaps an innocent man would be alive today, and this police officer would not be facing murder charges.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:46 AM
n/a

How To Destroy A Black Life: A Step-By-Step Guide

Michael Slager's approach was a classic case of how to kill a black man. Read the step by step directions in this article.

If what we see in the video is true, the other police officer should be found guilty of obstruction of justice for planting evidence (the stun gun).
Old 04-09-2015, 11:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
How To Destroy A Black Life: A Step-By-Step Guide

Michael Slager's approach was a classic case of how to kill a black man. Read the step by step directions in this article.

If what we see in the video is true, the other police officer should be found guilty of obstruction of justice for planting evidence (the stun gun).
Yikes! That's a crazy racist link.

I get that your intent was to stir the pot, but WOW, that's a line I wouldn't personally cross. I fail to see the point of posting such trash?
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM
n/a

Quote:

Yikes! That's a crazy racist link.

I get that your intent was to stir the pot, but WOW, that's a line I wouldn't personally cross. I fail to see the point of posting such trash?

Not crazy at all, appears factual. The police have been known to break our laws on more then several occasions.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Not crazy at all, appears factual. The police have been known to break our laws on more then several occasions.
WOW.

Ok...um I guess we disagree on this one. I DON'T believe this officer woke up that morning INTENDING to murder someone.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am almost sure there were things like this done before, I think.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 PM
n/a

Default Another Police Shooting

Old 04-09-2015, 06:00 PM
n/a

The police dash-cam video was released late this afternoon showing Walter Scott being pulled over by Officer Michael Slager. Scott had just bought the car a few days earlier and was in the process of registering and insuring it.

Scott was stopped for having a burned out tail light, but SC law only requires one rear tail light and Scott had two tail lights, while one was burned out.

Officer Slager will have a long time to figure out if he did the right thing in this incident. Unfortunately, Scott doesn't have that option.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:16 PM
n/a

Dash cam video shows officer pursuing man before shooting - AOL.com

Officer Slager is facing 30 years to life if convicted of this murder. He is being held without bail.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dash cam video shows officer pursuing man before shooting - AOL.com

Officer Slager is facing 30 years to life if convicted of this murder. He is being held without bail.
Actually, I believe he will potentially face the death penalty for capital murder. Based on the tape, he likely merits that charge. In the meantime, let's see what the trial produces by way of evidence lest we prejudge it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.