Anyone see the video of Trump's speech

Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 AM
n/a

"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes," Ronald Reagan August 11, 1984, warming up the mic before a radio broadcast. LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 10:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Nancy and her crystal ball reader were really leading the country in his second term.
And still did a better job than our current President... lol

But that aside, should we just list out all the Republication Presidents since the founding so Bugs can work his way back? Must be running out of ammunition.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
n/a

Default Talk Is Cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Trump, right now, is the only potential presidential aspirant who is basically telling the people he will dive into the mess we're in and fix what's wrong come hell or high water....
Like I said...talk is cheap.

Quote:
...People want action and Trump is the only one on the scene right now promising that. There's a lot to learn from this.
Yep, Trump promised my bank that he'd pay back all the money he borrowed to build a commercial project. When it didn't work, he didn't give back title to the building pursuant to the mortgage. Nope, he declared bankruptcy and wound up not losing a dime of his own money, keeping a controlling interest in the building and costing the bank shareholders a ton.

"...promising..."? Again, talk is cheap.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM
n/a

Default Anyone see the video of Trump's speech

Let's see, Obama said he he would not accept private funding for his campaign. He didn't. Obama said he would have a transparent Administration. he didn't Obama said he would cut four czars when negotiating the budget. He didn't. We could go on but to what avil. This country has been brain washed by the liberal media for so long that mnay people actually believe what Trump is saying is radical right when in fact it is what we use to call the usual discourse, absent of courge the bad lanaguage. Trump is a good business man and adept at leveraging. Is it any different than our government leveraging our tax dollars? I mean they use our funds they way they want and ignore our wishes. Liberals are going nuts about Trump's approach because they can't sop him by throwing out the "r" word, etc. Political correctness had marxist beginnings as it was effectively used to stifle freedom fighters. Obama's intent to marginalize Trump only convinces me that Trump is on the right track. And what's wrong with referring to Sarah Palin as the "caribou barbie" She is a hottie and she is a strong woman Not many could take the below the belt shots she received and keep fighting. And yes I too would welcome Rubio, Christie, Daniels and Bachmann in the fray.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Like I said...talk is cheap.

Yep, Trump promised my bank that he'd pay back all the money he borrowed to build a commercial project. When it didn't work, he didn't give back title to the building pursuant to the mortgage. Nope, he declared bankruptcy and wound up not losing a dime of his own money, keeping a controlling interest in the building and costing the bank shareholders a ton.

"...promising..."? Again, talk is cheap.
By clipping my post you're taking me out of context and I don't appreciate it.

I never said Trump would be able to deliver, I was only paraphrasing his message and how it resonates. The point of my post was that Trump is saying what lots of people want to hear (not that I'm buying it) and that other's should evaluate that aspect of it.

You want to bash Trump and I have no problem with that, but I don't know if you're purposely trying to misrepresent what I said or are doing it unintentionally, but please refrain doing that.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:10 PM
n/a

Quote:

I never said Trump would be able to deliver, I was only paraphrasing his message and how it resonates. The point of my post was that Trump is saying what lots of people want to hear (not that I'm buying it) and that other's should evaluate that aspect of it.

You want to bash Trump and I have no problem with that, but I don't know if you're purposely trying to misrepresent what I said or are doing it unintentionally, but please refrain doing that.
Nobody can put words in your mouth - there are too many feet in there for anything else to fit.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

Good...we agree!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 AM
n/a

Thumbs down Seriously???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
If he runs, you may be surprised how well he does. I think people are sick and tired of our government and sick and tired of getting screwed all the time. The Donald probably said out laud what a lot of people are thinking.

He's no conservative but at least he puts America first unlike Obama. Would he make a good President? Not sure we could do worse than what we have now but maybe America needs a business man in the oval office who kicks !@$ and take names for a few years.

Obama's never run a lemonade stand let alone an economy as large and complex as ours and it shows.
OMG! You are more lost than I had previously imagined! "The Donald's" rich daddy bought him into college, he has run numerous companies into the ground, obviously has no morals, and represents all that is corrupt and "God Forsaken" in this country. Step up from the gutter!!!!!

P.S. Donald Trump will never run. He has too many secrets he wouldn't want made public. Trump is exactly what Obama suggested he is... A carnival barker. You can take that to the bank. Also, Obama WILL win a second term.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Of course you're right in your description of the person who is Donald Trump, in my opinion. The question that is most interesting to me, though, is why is he resonating with so many people right now?

The answer, I believe, is he's speaking to the frustration and anger and fear of the future of our country and our way of life in a manner that so many have been yearning for.
Oh I won't argue that he's resonating. There's plenty of frustration out there to capitalize upon.

My worry is that people won't listen beyond the bullying rhetoric and could actually be swayed to vote for someone like that. My second worry is that he'd ACT like that in office and make Bush's "cowboy diplomacy" look like a United Nations confab by comparison.

There are plenty of examples of demagogues who whip up popular support based on empty rhetoric. No, I won't go to 1933 but I'll take a more contemporary example. How many Middle East dictators are kept in power by whipping up anti-Israel sentiment to divert attention from their disastrous domestic policies? There are plenty in Africa as well.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
n/a

Chelsea

Thank you or your post. I agree 100%.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM
n/a

Default President Reagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Do the Republicans forget the time Ronnie Reagan thought the microphone was off and said 'We will begin bombing Russia in 15 minutes!"?

Definitely a big gaffe.

Well, his Alzheimer's was getting worse at that time. You really can't blame Ronnie for anything he did in his second term. Nancy and her crystal ball reader were really leading the country in his second term.
wasn't he the one who helped train and finance Bin Laden in the 1980's? We all know how that worked out.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM
n/a

Ummm. No. We financed the Contras in Central America and armed the mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Bin Laden was SELF-financed (his father was a construction tycoon). remember, the mujaheddin became the Taliban. The Taliban gave safe haven to Al Queda but they ARE two separate entities.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
n/a

Default Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Ummm. No. We financed the Contras in Central America and armed the mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Bin Laden was SELF-financed (his father was a construction tycoon). remember, the mujaheddin became the Taliban. The Taliban gave safe haven to Al Queda but they ARE two separate entities.
maybe we didn't directly finance OBL, but Reagan's policies benefited him.

http://www.slate.com/id/2102243/

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.