Assault on Free Speech

Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
This has the sound of intolerance, and the suppression of Free Speech. (Oh, look. We are back on topic.)

I imagine that "these people" could initiate a pretty good sized counter-movement to have you "booted off" Talk of the Villages.

Be careful what you wish for.

Carl in Tampa

Allegiance and Dirtbanker have posted hundreds of harassing and insulting personal attacks on me. That is against the law in Florida.
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
Not that it is prosecuted all that often unless physical harm and kids are involved. But this kind of behavior is not allowed on most of the Internet resources I have been on. There are limits to free speech especially when breaking the law through long term harassment is involved. This kind of harassment would get them booted off of the Regular Forum but it is allowed on the Political Forum.

I have not done anything remotely warranting getting booted off of Talk of the Villages. Allegiance and Dirtbanker have done this and repeatedly for months. Many people are aware of this bullying and harassment by Allegiance and Dirtbanker. It is morally repugnant.

I just Ignore these two people now. As the moderator suggested here--

Quote:
1) The political forum is NOT moderated. If you do not like the discussions in the political forum you should unsubscribe and remove yourself from them. 2) Your disagreements and tone from the political forum should NOT carry over into the main moderated forums. Infractions and user account suspensions will be issued if this is necessary to maintain the integrity of the TOTV website non political forums. 3) If you do not like the discussions or interactions with any specific user(s) we suggest you add them to your 'Ignore List' which is a feature of the website (click on usercp to add a user) so you do not have to interact with anyone that YOU do not choose to interact with. Even though YOU as the user must make the decision to be subscribed to the political forum and if you are going to add a user to your ignore list we strongly encourage those who do remain for all that is American, have mature civil discussions about viewpoints without lowering their own personal beliefs, standards and morals. If you can't you should consider removing yourself from the political forum.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:29 AM
n/a

Why don't you post a link for the law cited, just in case Carl is really bored...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 08:30 AM
n/a

Oh and be sure to tell him all about your 666 241 project!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 08:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” --- Jesus Christ, Matthew 12:50

"There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." --- The Apostle Paul, Galatians 3:28

"God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean." --- The Apostle Peter, Acts 10:28

I am a Christian. The issue of race is settled for me.

Carl in Tampa

Having introduced you to my Christian principles on the matter of race, now I will tell you about my relationships "under the badge."

I regard every man and woman serving in law enforcement to be my brother and my sister. We are members of a special fraternity that is devoted to maintaining civil order and the very nature of our civilization.

While on the job we experience traumatic events that are so horrifying that civilians cannot imagine them, and they cannot be depicted on television. After retiring we continue our close association in order to support each other in dealing with post-traumatic flashbacks of our experiences.

I'm sure that you will be aghast when you click on the photo below and meet my brother, but please do so.

Carl in Tampa

My late younger brother married a Jamaican woman ten + years ago. Some of her relatives live in the Tampa area even one-- her twenty something son-- that was in the movie August Rush with Robin Williams. Some of them are in St Petersburg and Pinellas Park. And a few are still back near Kingston, Jamaica.

My nephews are American born as far as I know. At least the one that was here in the Villages about a month ago for his 15th birthday. He wanted to spent it with us.

They have talked a lot with me about race in the US. And my brother and his wife encountered a lot of racism from both sides because of their mixed marriage. Some of this was in the Villages; and some in St. Petersburg, Pinellas Park, and Tampa. They lived in west Tampa for a while close to a huge confederate flag that we would pass when going to their house.

I met a lot of these people in my younger brother's funeral in Pinellas Park, FL in December of 2014. He had a very troublesome alcohol addiction. He was an extremely talented computer programmer working for banks in the Tampa-St Petersburg area when he was sober.

He was a student of Mrs. Barbara Mitchell at Earl Wooster High School in Reno, Nevada around 1978-1979 so I could talk to him about my 224 613 Project. He met the Tour de France winner Greg LeMond who attended Earl Wooster High School. I had his sister in some of my classes. Greg LeMond - Wikipedia Tour de France - Wikipedia
Old 08-27-2017, 08:56 AM
n/a

Unhappy

Quote:
Here is the gIst of every Donny B post: Mexicans will be the majority and take a walk on MLK Blvd. That's it. No need to peek. That's all there is.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
That is what most of his posts say.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 AM
n/a

Speaking of FREE SPEECH....this is how Sheriff Arpaio is described almost universally, excepting Fox and their commentators......

"Like Trump, Arpaio regards reporters, activists, and critics of his policies as personal enemies as well as enemies of the people. The Justice Department investigation found that his department had “engaged in a pattern or practice of retaliating against individuals for exercising their First Amendment right to free speech.” It had “arrested individuals without cause, filed meritless complaints against the political adversaries of Sheriff Arpaio, and initiated unfounded civil lawsuits and investigations against individuals critical of MCSO policies and practices.” As Finnegan wrote, when the Phoenix New Times ran an investigation of Arpaio’s real-estate dealings that included his home address, the paper received a “broad subpoena, demanding, among other things, the Internet records of all visitors to its Web site in the previous two and a half years.” Sheriff’s deputies then “staged late-night raids on the homes of Michael Lacey and James Larkin, executives of Village Voice Media, which owns the New Times. The deputies arrested both men for, they said, violating grand-jury secrecy. (The county attorney declined to prosecute, and it turned out that the subpoenas were issued unlawfully.)” Local activists who applauded when someone made critical remarks about Arpaio at a Board of Supervisors meeting were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. Arpaio had a private investigator follow the wife of a judge who had ruled against him. And so on.
Plenty of Maricopa County’s residents evidently liked Arpaio’s “colorful” reputation as America’s toughest sheriff. Crime rates in the county decreased during some years of his tenure, though crime rates declined across the country, too, so it would be difficult to ascribe the reduction to Arpaio’s policing practices. And his “toughness” came at considerable cost to the taxpayers, who have had to pay for the tens of millions of dollars it has cost the county to respond to lawsuits against the former sheriff. Meanwhile, reporting by the Associated Press and several Arizona media outlets revealed that Arpaio's department, preoccupied with going after illegal immigration, had failed to properly investigate some four hundred sex crimes over a three-year period in the mid-two-thousands."

Why Does Donald Trump Like Sheriff Joe Arpaio? | The New Yorker

Quite the "rap sheet" for those who believe in FREE SPEECH, or at least broadcast that they do. I guess it only applies to a few selected folks.

I get protecting free speech....I do not get how it is selectively applied in cases like this man. These people he harassed, was vindictive to were not on the street.....did not violence. Like with Trump, they simply disagreed with someone, and were "gotten"

My fear in my country is that we are applying what used to be universal codes sparingly and only to certain classes of AMERICANS.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 AM
n/a

As repulsive and repugnant as Joe Arpiao is - and definitely, he is both - I personally think sending him to jail for 6 months would be inappropriate for that to happen to an 85 year old person.

A much better punishment would be to take away his pension and to donate the pension money to the ACLU. Also Joe would have to do several hundred hours of janitor service at illegal immigration centers.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
As repulsive and repugnant as Joe Arpiao is - and definitely, he is both - I personally think sending him to jail for 6 months would be inappropriate for that to happen to an 85 year old person.

A much better punishment would be to take away his pension and to donate the pension money to the ACLU. Also Joe would have to do several hundred hours of janitor service at illegal immigration centers.
I'll find something I don't like about you and I'll petition to have YOUR pension taken away. How's that?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM
n/a

Quote:

Yes, punish the 85 year old harshly for that minor, misdemeanor offense. I'm sure that treasonous traitor Manning that was a convicted felon and commuted by President Obama would agree with you. Oh, does anyone know if it is true that Obama commuted/pardoned more criminals than any other president in history? I heard the statement made the other day and haven't yet fact checked it.

Yes, pardoning a six month sentence on an old man is really a scandal.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:27 PM
n/a

Smile Law Enforcement Hero

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a heroic icon in the law enforcement community.

Admittedly, he was involved in many controversial issues, and was probably often very much in the wrong, but his use of pink underwear, and later pink handcuffs and jump suits, for prisoners appealed to the peculiar sense of humor of seasoned cops.

Now, let me digress to my early days of associating with law enforcement officers while I was still in college. I rode along with city police, deputy sheriffs and highway patrol troopers.

This was the 1950s in a small middle-class college town. If we were to see a car load of Black, male teenagers running around town in a late model, expensive car, the car would be stopped to verify that the operator was legally in possession of the car. Usually, he was not.

Today, that is called "Profiling." Back then it was regarded as "Good Police Work."

It was alleged that Sheriff Arpaio's principal offense was "profiling" when his deputies concentrated on directing their investigative efforts at apparent Mexicans when seeking illegal aliens. Old line cops consider that good police work. After all, statistically speaking, illegal aliens entering the country through Arizona are most likely to be Mexicans.

Political correctness has already gone amok at the Transportation Security Agency where everyone gets the same rigorous pre-boarding search although statistically the hijackers and terrorists have all been young Muslim (mostly Arab) men. To single out apparent young Muslim Arab men for special searches would be the "offense" of (Gasp) Profiling.

One hopes that there will be a day when sanity returns, and good police work can continue.

Carl in Tampa

Old 08-28-2017, 03:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a heroic icon in the law enforcement community.

Admittedly, he was involved in many controversial issues, and was probably often very much in the wrong, but his use of pink underwear, and later pink handcuffs and jump suits, for prisoners appealed to the peculiar sense of humor of seasoned cops.

Now, let me digress to my early days of associating with law enforcement officers while I was still in college. I rode along with city police, deputy sheriffs and highway patrol troopers.

This was the 1950s in a small middle-class college town. If we were to see a car load of Black, male teenagers running around town in a late model, expensive car, the car would be stopped to verify that the operator was legally in possession of the car. Usually, he was not.

Today, that is called "Profiling." Back then it was regarded as "Good Police Work."

It was alleged that Sheriff Arpaio's principal offense was "profiling" when his deputies concentrated on directing their investigative efforts at apparent Mexicans when seeking illegal aliens. Old line cops consider that good police work. After all, statistically speaking, illegal aliens entering the country through Arizona are most likely to be Mexicans.

Political correctness has already gone amok at the Transportation Security Agency where everyone gets the same rigorous pre-boarding search although statistically the hijackers and terrorists have all been young Muslim (mostly Arab) men. To single out apparent young Muslim Arab men for special searches would be the "offense" of (Gasp) Profiling.

One hopes that there will be a day when sanity returns, and good police work can continue.

Carl in Tampa

And blacks commit around 10X more crimes too...don't they? Black communities are RIDDLED with crime...white communities much less so.

Poverty? Poverty doesn't MAKE them violent...violence DOES make them poor.

Tags
speech, free, tampa, assignment, riot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.