Assault on Free Speech

Old 08-19-2017, 12:41 PM
n/a

Exclamation Assault on Free Speech

HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE FIRST RIOT CONTROL SQUAD OF THE HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE. I AM THE THIRD PERSON from the right. This was a training session that was photographed by a Tampa Tribune photographer.

My usual assignment was behind this line, carrying a rifle, with the assignment of Counter-Sniper.

I really thought we had seen the last of the need for riot control after the close of the Vietnam War. That was before the rioting in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week.

Now I am watching on TV a small "Free Speech" event on Boston Commons which has a counter-demonstration of over 15,000 "Black Lives Matter" and "Antifa" marchers who object to the Free Speech provision of the First Amendment, and are working to OUTLAW FREE SPEECH if they deem it to be "Hate Speech."

I support the Constitution.

Carl in Tampa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HCSO Riot Squad.jpg (50.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-19-2017, 01:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE FIRST RIOT CONTROL SQUAD OF THE HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE. I AM THE THIRD PERSON from the right. This was a training session that was photographed by a Tampa Tribune photographer.

My usual assignment was behind this line, carrying a rifle, with the assignment of Counter-Sniper.

I really thought we had seen the last of the need for riot control after the close of the Vietnam War. That was before the rioting in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week.

Now I am watching on TV a small "Free Speech" event on Boston Commons which has a counter-demonstration of over 15,000 "Black Lives Matter" and "Antifa" marchers who object to the Free Speech provision of the First Amendment, and are working to OUTLAW FREE SPEECH if they deem it to be "Hate Speech."

Carl in Tampa
Because when the TRUTH is told...it makes them look VERY bad. When the truth is told it makes one wonder...why do we keep them around?

It's the SAME here...they have NOTHING to counter my facts so they attack ME and they try to BAN my facts from being told...calling it "hate speech".

There is NO equality between blacks and the other races because blacks are not the same as the other races. We ARE different species with different ancestors and different genetics. We are up to 5%, 1/20th DIFFERENT genetically.

It will only get worse as they grow in numbers they're already the majority at 51%...it's WHY they're getting so vocal and getting so much attention. As the minorities grow in numbers and have more and more of "their kind" elected...expect things to get worse...ALL "white" reminders being removed...replaced by minorities. Tubman on the $10 bill.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

Carl in Tampa
Just a bit of a different perspective on WHY they are there. Does not seem to be a protest against, as you say "object to the free speech provision.."

From the Boston newspaper...sorry, you were not covered..
-------------------------------------------_
BOSTON -- Thousands of left-leaning counter-protesters marched through downtown Boston on Saturday, chanting anti-Nazi slogans and waving signs condemning white nationalism ahead of a rally being staged by conservative activists, just a week after a Virginia demonstration turned deadly.

Police Commissioner William Evans said Friday that 500 officers -- some in uniform, others undercover -- would be deployed to keep the two groups apart on Saturday. Boston's Democratic mayor, Marty Walsh, and Massachusetts' Republican governor, Charlie Baker, both warned that extremist unrest wouldn't be tolerated in this city famed as the cradle of American liberty.

Walsh said at a news conference Friday that the city has spoken to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which provided guidance on how to handle conflicts with white supremacists, CBS Boston reported.

Organizers of the midday event, billed as a "Free Speech Rally," have publicly distanced themselves from the neo-Nazis, white supremacists and others who fomented violence in Charlottesville on Aug. 12. A woman was killed at that Unite the Right rally, and scores of others were injured, when a car plowed into counter-demonstrators.

Police confined the "Free Speech" rally to the Parkman Bandstand on Boston Common as they blocked off the massive protests, CBS Boston reports.

The Boston Police Department announced at 1:30 p.m. that the "Free Speech" rally had ended."
-----------------------------------------------

Boston "free speech" rally ends after counter-protesters take to streets -- live updates - CBS News

Nothing is quite as simple as you post it.

I honor and respect the first amendment, but as most decent Americans do, am hesitant to support white nationalism, although it is also protected.

Just think, under the current circumstances, without perspective, you post could be inflammatory.

Or...do you support "white nationalism" ? I am on the record clearly as opposing any such thing as a Nazi movement (see white nationalism)
Old 08-19-2017, 04:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just a bit of a different perspective on WHY they are there. Does not seem to be a protest against, as you say "object to the free speech provision.."

From the Boston newspaper...sorry, you were not covered..
-------------------------------------------_
BOSTON -- Thousands of left-leaning counter-protesters marched through downtown Boston on Saturday, chanting anti-Nazi slogans and waving signs condemning white nationalism ahead of a rally being staged by conservative activists, just a week after a Virginia demonstration turned deadly.

Police Commissioner William Evans said Friday that 500 officers -- some in uniform, others undercover -- would be deployed to keep the two groups apart on Saturday. Boston's Democratic mayor, Marty Walsh, and Massachusetts' Republican governor, Charlie Baker, both warned that extremist unrest wouldn't be tolerated in this city famed as the cradle of American liberty.

Walsh said at a news conference Friday that the city has spoken to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which provided guidance on how to handle conflicts with white supremacists, CBS Boston reported.

Organizers of the midday event, billed as a "Free Speech Rally," have publicly distanced themselves from the neo-Nazis, white supremacists and others who fomented violence in Charlottesville on Aug. 12. A woman was killed at that Unite the Right rally, and scores of others were injured, when a car plowed into counter-demonstrators.

Police confined the "Free Speech" rally to the Parkman Bandstand on Boston Common as they blocked off the massive protests, CBS Boston reports.

The Boston Police Department announced at 1:30 p.m. that the "Free Speech" rally had ended."
-----------------------------------------------

Boston "free speech" rally ends after counter-protesters take to streets -- live updates - CBS News

Nothing is quite as simple as you post it.

I honor and respect the first amendment, but as most decent Americans do, am hesitant to support white nationalism, although it is also protected.

Just think, under the current circumstances, without perspective, you post could be inflammatory.

Or...do you support "white nationalism" ? I am on the record clearly as opposing any such thing as a Nazi movement (see white nationalism)
Your post doesn't make sense to me. As you posted above, the rally was a free speech rally whose organizers specifically distanced themselves from said extremist groups. So what exactly was the purpose of the counter-protesters from your perspective? Not sure I'm understanding what you are trying to say. Will everyone now, who supports free speech, be considered an extremist?? If so, our country is surely changing before our very eyes.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your post doesn't make sense to me. As you posted above, the rally was a free speech rally whose organizers specifically distanced themselves from said extremist groups. So what exactly was the purpose of the counter-protesters from your perspective? Not sure I'm understanding what you are trying to say. Will everyone now, who supports free speech, be considered an extremist?? If so, our country is surely changing before our very eyes.
NONE of the protestors stood against "free speech" as was the OP s remarks. Neither side.

THAT was my complaint. I still am not sure of WHY the rally in the first place. So close to that disaster in Virginia does not make sense but not judging anyone except for the presentation of the OP.

To characterize either group as marching against "free speech" is just wrong.

Sorry...that is how I FEEL......I realize on this white nationalist site, that is not received well because the reasons and motives for the rallies seem to take on a "skin color test" all by itself, and that may be wrong but on this forum.....white guys = good.....black guys = bad ALWAYS.

It is to be expected here, but does not make it any easier to accept.

AND the identity politics that you guys keep talking about looms here doesnt it, but of course it is all the fault of one group....certainly hot the white nationals. Do I sound bitter ? Sorry......7 months is very tiring thus far for me and the whole country.

PS.....some of the tee shirts worn by the protestors read "stop white genocide"......gee.......and our President tweeted...."Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston" was there any credence to that accusation ? Serious question because all the signs that I could see were white nationalist type signs, but I was not there.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:24 PM
n/a

Let us further understand more background on this march and the group who fostered it.....

Sponsored by Boston Free Speech.

This same group had an earlier rally...

"On May 13, a group of veterans, ex-police, Tea Party Republicans and young people affiliated with the self-described "alt-right" -- a conservative faction that mixes racism, white nationalism, anti-Semitism and populism -- gathered around the Common's historic Parkman Bandstand."

In that really in May....

"Speakers like Augustus Invictus, a political activist from Florida, used their speaking time to encourage attendees to arm themselves for another civil war."

Same organizers for this event, of which you speak as if they were not politically motivated and extremists.

Who Might Attend The Boston '''Free Speech''' Rally? A Look At One In May | WBUR News
Old 08-19-2017, 05:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

Don't feel badly. If you follow the political threads you'll note his posts run on ad nauseam. He is unable to summarize, and has a habit of coloring and highlighting those words which he feels you must read and comprehend. In other words, he will dictate what you must believe. So much for free speech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-19-2017, 05:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Don't feel badly. If you follow the political threads you'll note his posts run on ad nauseam. He is unable to summarize, and has a habit of coloring and highlighting those words which he feels you must read and comprehend. In other words, he will dictate what you must believe. So much for free speech.

Which part is over your head.

This is supposed to be presentation of facts. When do you begin ?

Sorry..ALL over your head.

You are able only to engage in sub teen back and forth, attacking personally, berift of facts. Must be boring to not know anything, nor obviously have a desire to learn anything
Old 08-19-2017, 05:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

Sometimes that happens when people get no respect at home.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Let us further understand more background on this march and the group who fostered it.....

Sponsored by Boston Free Speech.

This same group had an earlier rally...

"On May 13, a group of veterans, ex-police, Tea Party Republicans and young people affiliated with the self-described "alt-right" -- a conservative faction that mixes racism, white nationalism, anti-Semitism and populism -- gathered around the Common's historic Parkman Bandstand."

In that really in May....

"Speakers like Augustus Invictus, a political activist from Florida, used their speaking time to encourage attendees to arm themselves for another civil war."

Same organizers for this event, of which you speak as if they were not politically motivated and extremists.

Who Might Attend The Boston '''Free Speech''' Rally? A Look At One In May | WBUR News
When you understand what this group stands for, and you have our President calling the other marchers "anti police", you understand the fear in this country.

There seems to be no truth.

I know you folks are of the white nationalist type, but let me advise you of the mood in the 1930s
Old 08-19-2017, 05:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
When you understand what this group stands for, and you have our President calling the other marchers "anti police", you understand the fear in this country.

There seems to be no truth.

I know you folks are of the white nationalist type, but let me advise you of the mood in the 1930s
What was the mood in the 1930s? Please share. It's nice to hear these things 1st hand to really appreciate them.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
NONE of the protestors stood against "free speech" as was the OP s remarks. Neither side.

THAT was my complaint. I still am not sure of WHY the rally in the first place. So close to that disaster in Virginia does not make sense but not judging anyone except for the presentation of the OP.

To characterize either group as marching against "free speech" is just wrong.

Sorry...that is how I FEEL......I realize on this white nationalist site, that is not received well because the reasons and motives for the rallies seem to take on a "skin color test" all by itself, and that may be wrong but on this forum.....white guys = good.....black guys = bad ALWAYS.

It is to be expected here, but does not make it any easier to accept.

AND the identity politics that you guys keep talking about looms here doesnt it, but of course it is all the fault of one group....certainly hot the white nationals. Do I sound bitter ? Sorry......7 months is very tiring thus far for me and the whole country.

PS.....some of the tee shirts worn by the protestors read "stop white genocide"......gee.......and our President tweeted...."Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston" was there any credence to that accusation ? Serious question because all the signs that I could see were white nationalist type signs, but I was not there.
Hey, didn't mean to get you all in a tizzy. Just trying to understand your point. I guess my mind is too simple - you know, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" mentality. I don't get the big deal about people protesting about anything as long as they aren't taking action that is violent or physically harmful to others, and that to me would include destruction of property. I find that groups that promote hate toward others to be disgusting. But it unnerves me as well to go down the path of limiting anyone's right to free speech no matter the content because the problem then becomes how far do you take that and who becomes the judge as to what is acceptable and what is not.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:21 PM
n/a

Quote:

Carl in Tampa

BFD

Your Antifa crap was not heard of until last week.
Your president (not mine) represents all that Adolf Hitler represented in 1933. Read your history books, Mr. Former Policeman.
Once again, BFD.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
What was the mood in the 1930s? Please share. It's nice to hear these things 1st hand to really appreciate them.
"The violent white nationalist rally in Virginia has reawakened simmering fears of American fascism. But the roots of these feelings — and the militant organizations that promoted them — did not begin with the election of President Trump. The last time fascism was brazenly embraced was in the 1930s. The lessons of that crucial decade bear increasing relevance for modern American life. The three big factors that drove the spread of American fascism at that time are still relevant for America today."

These are the three reasons fascism spread in 1930s America — and might spread again today - The Washington Post

Or, you read...

The New White Nationalism in America: Its Challenge to Integration......Carol Swain

"Hitler's American Model: The United States and the making of Nazi Race Law...James Q. Whitman
Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hey, didn't mean to get you all in a tizzy. Just trying to understand your point. I guess my mind is too simple - you know, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" mentality. I don't get the big deal about people protesting about anything as long as they aren't taking action that is violent or physically harmful to others, and that to me would include destruction of property. I find that groups that promote hate toward others to be disgusting. But it unnerves me as well to go down the path of limiting anyone's right to free speech no matter the content because the problem then becomes how far do you take that and who becomes the judge as to what is acceptable and what is not.
My memories of WW2 are of a child. My knowledge is of an adult. The atrocities which had as a forerunner, a white nationalist movement with a leader who attacked everyone. It was a horror. So many died and suffered.

You folks on here seem to be very comfortable with defending on a false premise, Nazi signs, hate slogans, brown shirts, the President having young boys chant his name at a rally.

You know the background and you still....excuse me with the YOU...not personalizing it, but nobody on here criticizes this white nationalist movement, steeped in the Nazi movement. Same uniforms, same chants and same attacks on media.

"(CNN)Across the country, flyers are showing up on college campuses.

Some promote blatant neo-Nazi rhetoric, others are much more subtle.
"Protect your heritage." "Let's become great again." "Our future belongs to us." "White people, do something." "Serve your people."

They represent a less extreme white supremacist movement targeting the young and educated.
"They're racist, but they have fancy new packaging," said Brian
Levin, director for the Center of Hate and Extremism at Cal State San Bernardino. "They learn to downplay the swastikas and get a thesaurus, so instead of white supremacy they use words like identitarian. It's just a repackaged version of white nationalism."

"A resurgence of white nationalism": New report shows hate groups spiked in 2016 - CNNPolitics

Look at this thread. Not a mention of the base force behind the rally. Not a mention of their beliefs.

BUT an immediate rejection of those opposed. This is EXACTLY like the 1930/40s

I do get in a tizzy seeing the brown shirts and nazi placards

Tags
speech, free, tampa, assignment, riot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.