Bain Capital

Old 07-13-2012, 03:59 PM
n/a

Mitt Romney is going to appear on seven TV networks tonight, something he has never done. This Bain Capital episode must really be getting to him. The only way he can get it behind him is to announce that he will release 23 years of tax returns, the same number that he gave to John McCain's campaign when he was being vetted for VP. It would also help him if he would explain all his foreign investments.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...s-outsourcing/
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
n/a

Pelosi, etc. can explain their foreign investments at the same time. Instead of worrying about what Romney is doing with his money let's worry about what Obama is doing with our money.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
Pelosi, etc. can explain their foreign investments at the same time. Instead of worrying about what Romney is doing with his money let's worry about what Obama is doing with our money.
Best post of the Day, Thank You
Old 07-13-2012, 05:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
If you've been paying any attention at all, you would know that taxes are at a 30 year low. Congresswoman Pelosi is not running for president. She has to file the same financial disclosure form as every other member of congress.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
If you've been paying any attention at all, you would know that taxes are at a 30 year low. Congresswoman Pelosi is not running for president. She has to file the same financial disclosure form as every other member of congress.
If you were paying any ttention at all, you would know that Obama is running unprecedented deficits? I suspect that is why Sally Jo is interested in WHY Obama is wasting so much of OUR tax money.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM
n/a

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
If you were paying any ttention at all, you would know that Obama is running unprecedented deficits? I suspect that is why Sally Jo is interested in WHY Obama is wasting so much of OUR tax money.
Gosh, do you think maybe the two unpaid-for Bush wars have anything to do with those deficits? How about the unpaid-for Bush tax cuts? How about the unpaid-for medicare prescription drug coverage?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
n/a

As expected, Mitt Romney had very little to say on his TV interviews tonight except "I don't recall" and he won't release any more tax returns.

David Corn of Mother Jones is reporting that Romney may have made false statements on a federal financial disclosure form, and doing so is a felony punishable by up to one year in prison and a $50,000 dine. Romney could be the first presidentail candidate to go to prison before he's elected. Corn also said on TV tonight that he's heard enough about Romney to keep 100 reporters busy from now until the election.

Did Romney Make a False Statement on His Financial Disclosure? | Mother Jones
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Gosh, do you think maybe the two unpaid-for Bush wars have anything to do with those deficits? How about the unpaid-for Bush tax cuts? How about the unpaid-for medicare prescription drug coverage?
No, I don't think the unpaid for expenses from 3+ years ago contribute to today's yearly deficits. You know he has been president for 3+ years and has done nothing but increase our deficits. Do you think his move today to reduce the work requirements for welfare instituted by Clinton will help our deficits? Do you think his failure to turn the economy around has anything to do with our deficits? Do you think the AHA has caused companies to be reluctant to hire and added to our deficit? Do you think cancelling the oil pipelinge has helped employment? Please tell me exactly what he has done to reduce the deficit in the last 3+ years.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
n/a

Quote:

Yeah, except this thread is about Bain Capital. Nothing to do with Pelosi, or Obama - Bain Capital.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:31 PM
n/a

Default Ahhh, Once Again

Quote:
For the umpteenth time, the president--this president or any president--isn't primarily responsible for deficit spending. Congress approves all spending bills, initiated in the House of Representatives and affirmed by the Senate. Since 2010 the House has been firmly in control of the "fiscally conservative" Republicans. They have proven to be every bit the spendthrifts that the Pelosi Democrats were before them. In fact, the current House has actually increased the annual rate of deficit spending to the highest in history--a $1.6 trillion deficit/addition to the national debt in one year! To my knowledge, I don't recall the Senate resisting the passage of any spending bills sent to them by the House. Obama's role? He signed them too.

But, as coralway says, this thread is about Bain Capital.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 PM
n/a

Default Coud Be A Disqualifier

First, in my opinion I don't think it means used beans when Mitt Romney left the direct management of Bain Capital. He owns the firm and still does! They had companies they owned declare bankruptcy before and after he was CEO, and they will in the future. Some of their portfolio companies outsourced jobs overseas while he was CEO, after, and will in the future if it will improve profitability and increase the value of the companies Bain owns. That was his job! That's capitalism. When he left Bain doesn't make him more or less qualified to be POTUS.

HOWEVER...falsifying government filings, which was alleged and now appears to be proven...unfortunately, that IS a material issue as regards his candidacy. It doesn't make him less competent as a presidential candidate, but the criminal nature of the offense(s), whether intended or not, could be a disqualifying factor in the election.

In much the same way that an unintended drug can disqualify an athlete from a competition or not knowing the law doesn't excuse an offense, Romney could be in deep...used beans...on this one.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
First, in my opinion I don't think it means used beans when Mitt Romney left the direct management of Bain Capital. He owns the firm and still does! They had companies they owned declare bankruptcy before and after he was CEO, and they will in the future. Some of their portfolio companies outsourced jobs overseas while he was CEO, after, and will in the future if it will improve profitability and increase the value of the companies Bain owns. That was his job! That's capitalism. When he left Bain doesn't make him more or less qualified to be POTUS.

HOWEVER...falsifying government filings, which was alleged and now appears to be proven...unfortunately, that IS a material issue as regards his candidacy. It doesn't make him less competent as a presidential candidate, but the criminal nature of the offense(s), whether intended or not, could be a disqualifying factor in the election.

In much the same way that an unintended drug can disqualify an athlete from a competition or not knowing the law doesn't excuse an offense, Romney could be in deep...used beans...on this one.
VK: I happen to agree with what you say here. Frankly I am tired of dishonest and untruthful politicians and I don't care about what party they belong to. Credibility and trust are of paramount importance whether you are president, a priest, a cop, a news reporter, etc. Because of the intentional nature of misinformation, hyberbole, mischaracterization, false accusation politicaly based etc solutions to this nation's problems are not getting addressed.

I don't know if Romney lied because of the political games people play. I do want to know and if true well then I do want it dealt with. Conversely if this is a another unmerited political ploy to intentionally damage a candidate then it takes us all away from the serious nature of electing a leader. Some may be amused by this game of one upmanship but I am not one of them and I am not going to take the bait any longer. And if enough voters would just blink and deflate with this over the top accusations crap we might get back to the serius business at hand
Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 AM
n/a

Quote:

Please direct me to the link where the criminal things have been proven. THAT would be news ACTUALLY, most of what I read are debunking all of it.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:36 AM
n/a

I just followed the links provided in posts above...then further followed the links from within those web pages. There doesen't appear to be much doubt that Romney filed incorrect federally-required forms, which carry pretty stiff criminal penalties. The politicians are going back and forth about whether the clearly false statements made in the forms are material or boilerplate. But it's pretty clear they are incorrect.

Now the question becomes whether the Attorney General will proceed to file charges against Romney, letting the federal courts decide whether the filings were intentionally falsified, unintentionally falsified, material or not, and whether the flings violate the federal law as written.

What runs thru my mind is that the Republicans might be very sorry that they prosecuted and convicted the Attorney General for pretty clearly political purposes. I'm wondering whether there might be some political "tit for tat" coming.

What a helluva way to elect a President.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
I just followed the links provided in posts above...then further followed the links from within those web pages. There doesen't appear to be much doubt that Romney filed incorrect federally-required forms, which carry pretty stiff criminal penalties. The politicians are going back and forth about whether the clearly false statements made in the forms are material or boilerplate. But it's pretty clear they are incorrect.

Now the question becomes whether the Attorney General will proceed to file charges against Romney, letting the federal courts decide whether the filings were intentionally falsified, unintentionally falsified, material or not, and whether the flings violate the federal law as written.

What runs thru my mind is that the Republicans might be very sorry that they prosecuted and convicted the Attorney General for pretty clearly political purposes. I'm wondering whether there might be some political "tit for tat" coming.

What a helluva way to elect a President.
I always respect your opinions but I'm not seeing any intentional false filings here. I see residual business after his departure from Bain.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.