Basic Respect -- Is it really that hard?

Old 02-23-2008, 02:59 AM
n/a

Default Re: Basic Respect -- Is it really that hard?

This whole thread makes me really weary. One man "upmanship" seems to be at a premium here. Let's stop lecturing each other and just love our time in TV.

Love and peace to all.

lovehorse lovehorse lovehorse
Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 AM
n/a

Hi Red, yes that was the exact quote. I couldn't remember it exactly, just the gist of it. Thank you for putting it out there correctly.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 AM
n/a

Red, thank you for saying in a nice way what needed to be said. I know I had given up on the political thread because of all the nastiness even though I'm very concerned about this next election. It sounds like I'm not the only one.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 AM
n/a

I removed a post from this thread. Enough said. Let's move on.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 AM
n/a

Thanks tony, Good move...

Enough is enough.

Anybody want a Prozac, I have a few!!!

Kathie
Old 02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
n/a

Hi Kath, that's the problem -- too many people in this country taking "chill pills" We have to face the issues before we wake up with Chinese as our first language because as of right now, they literally own us. Just my opinion. :-*
Old 02-23-2008, 04:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Hi Kath, that's the problem -- too many people in this country taking "chill pills" We have to face the issues before we wake up with Chinese as our first language because as of right now, they literally own us. Just my opinion. :-*
Not sure how many people vote based on these negative poltical campaigns? The Swift Boat attack sure woked on Senator John Kerry and I think that whatever William Jefferson Clinton said while he was campaigning for his wife probably backfired by taking votes away no matter what President Clinton said. If you could take William out of Hillary, Hillary might have had more of a chance.

The negative attacks on John McCain also do not seem to be doing that much good and these seem to be from fellow Republicans.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
n/a

Tal, wholeheartedly agree about Bill. It seems like he's going out of his way to sabotage her campaign and doing a very good job of it. I mean this man is the consummate politician and makes statements that are so detrimental to Hillary. And then he does things like fall asleep at a major event. Guess he doesn't want to be the First Gentleman.

Personally, I wish none of the dirty campaigns ever worked. Tell me about your issues, what you believe, what you think you'll be able to do. Let the other person do the same. Don't tell me about the garbage that really has nothing to do with the campaign. Maybe if all voters and even non-voters got on their high horse and demanded that politicians stick to the facts, it would be a much better world. Who knows, we might even get a person who office that truly cares about America rather than special interest groups and the like.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
n/a

Ladies and gentlemen, if I may chime in. I believe no matter what we do or not do personally, will not make a difference. Maybe to our phyche, but that's about it. The book of life has already been written and we are living out the script. The book of revelations has already stated that the middle east would be the major hot spot. It also asserts that China will be the only superpower and they will march through Iran and take over the middle east and ergo armageddon. Needless to say the revelations were written many, many, many eons ago. Well it is here. All we can do as people is try to live our lives the best we can and when the time comes, be ready for the rapture. I may be way off base, who knows, but it is my belief that these things will come to fruition. Until then, I just wish Barbara and I can experience a few years in that other paradise first, TV. Johnny
Old 02-23-2008, 06:41 PM
n/a

Red, I just now saw your post. You stated your opinion so clearly,

Old 02-24-2008, 02:05 PM
n/a

;DGood Job, Red!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:28 PM
n/a

I respectfully disagree that nothing we can do will make a difference.
That sorta sums the problem for me if.....IF..... the silent majority truly believes they can not make a difference.
That is the frame of mind our political....REPRESENTATIVES....are counting on.
What we have allowed to happen is the rights of the many are now second to the rights of the few.....because they have something to gain.....and they do believe they can make a difference....and they get REPRESENTATIVES that promote the will of their constituency.
While we still out number them....they are gaining.....Oh my GOD what will the future hold when we do become the minority....and it is a certainty to happen.

Please help make a difference...write, call, email your REPRESENTATIVES at the State and Federal level....if you do nothing....yes you are contributing to a difference....JUST NOT THE ONE YOU WOULD HAVE CHOSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand and be counted....the only way.

BTK
Old 02-24-2008, 04:09 PM
n/a

BTK

Stand up and be counted.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
n/a

Hey Billethkid, your assumption is that everyone is in the silent majority. I happen to be, but if you ask a liberal democrat they will tell you the right wing conspiracy is ruining our country. Who can correct the silent majority's position, judges. That's right, due to the liberal judges sitting on our courts coupled with the ACLU the silent majority is getting buried. Elect a president who will elect conservative judges and the country will start to turn around. The Supreme Court is starting to lean a little in the way of "this country has had enough fast lane, let's slow down a little and get back to prayer in the school and respect the flag of the United States. Liberal judges let child molesters walk free with little or no punishment. Murderers let loose only to murder again. Think about all the stories you heard on O'reily regarding liberal judges and their refusal to answer for their actions. All I can say is God Bless America!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
n/a

I've heard the nothing we can do spiel since I was a kid. It's been proven wrong over and over. Maybe I'm naive, but I do believe that every individual who speaks up does make a difference.

Some changes take time. People thought slavery was wrong and that all men should be allowed to vote when America was first created. It took the voices of a few women to give us the right to vote. It took even fewer women to start prohibition. MADD was started by one woman who lost her son to a drunk driver. It became the driving force to make it unacceptable to drink and drive. And so on and on.

Frequently it takes one voice to be heard and then have others repeat the words heard. If enough voices take up the cry, those voices will ultimately be heard. It is up to us as individuals to choose which words we want to hear and which we want to repeat. Maybe it is time to for everyone to speak up -- not shout, not scream, but speak.

As I said, if I hear a politician making a slur, I let them know this is not the campaign I want. If enough others said stand on your issues, it might make a change. Right now, too many are willing to listen to the slurs and, worse yet, repeat them. That is why I started this thread. Here, maybe, it has made a difference. One can only hope. At least we know that the majority agree that the slurs are unnecessary and not wanted.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.