Ben Carson and it goes on and on

Old 11-09-2015, 10:05 AM
n/a

Go to westpoint.edu/admissions to see the process for being admitted to west point.
When I was in the Air Guard I worked with an officer who was the Admissions Liason Officer for the AF Academy. His job was to assist with answering questions for applicants for admission to the AF Acadamy. I believe the USMA has something similar.
Relative to Ben Carson, I could imagine that someone like Gen. Westmoreland could honestly say to him "you would be an excellent candidate to West Point." I think this could be inferred as an offer. However the process to gain an offer for admission would have to be initiated to start the process.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM
n/a

It probably doesn't matter at this point anyways. Carson's poll numbers are quickly fading. He has about zero chance of getting the Republican nomination. Carson has publically expressed whacko views on established facts such as evolution, age of the earth, and construction of the pyramids. And, there is a certain percentage of Republicans who won't vote for him simply because he is black. Last but not least, his lack of experience doesn't help him.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It probably doesn't matter at this point anyways. Carson's poll numbers are quickly fading. He has about zero chance of getting the Republican nomination. Carson has publically expressed whacko views on established facts such as evolution, age of the earth, and construction of the pyramids. And, there is a certain percentage of Republicans who won't vote for him simply because he is black. Last but not least, his lack of experience doesn't help him.
You are OK until your last sentence. How can anybody be ruled out based on experience and elect Obama not once but twice.

Obama cannot even come close to Carson on any level anybody would like to measure a person. Carson is a real black. Carson is not a muslim loyalist. Just for starters.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
You are OK until your last sentence. How can anybody be ruled out based on experience and elect Obama not once but twice.

Obama cannot even come close to Carson on any level anybody would like to measure a person. Carson is a real black. Carson is not a muslim loyalist. Just for starters.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
I heard what he said many years ago regarding the pyramids. Not hearing the full context of the statement, I do feel that his comment was based on ignorance. But, that is based on only what I heard.

However, I would be interested in hearing what you assume to be factual regarding evolution. Because I have yet to see ANY factual evidence supporting evolution. But, that is for another thread. If you base your decision on voting purely on one's view regarding something like this, then you are in the minority because the majority of Americans believe in a deity. So, if they believe in the Bible then they also believe in creation. It just goes to show you that even most scientists believe in creation.

But, I also know that this is all a moot point, because you are not looking for a reason to NOT vote for Carson. You are looking for a reason for ME to not vote for Carson.

Carson is a very well learned and experienced medical professional, but still an amateur when it comes to politics. He would make a good supporting cabinet member in the government, but is not ready (in my opinion) for the leadership position. Of course, Obama is not yet ready for a leadership position either, but......
Old 11-19-2015, 10:52 AM
n/a

Quote:

Using Obama as your litmus test has blinded you to the fact that knowledge of foreign policy and political experience do matter.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Using Obama as your litmus test has blinded you to the fact that knowledge of foreign policy and political experience do matter.
But, that is the comparison....Obama. And it's hard to find anyone with less work experience or leadership experience than Obama. So, the bar is pretty low. That's why we should set the bar higher in the future, for our future leaders. We should also eliminate any divisive candidates, because this is suppose to be a position for all the people, not just the few. Hilary said that the Republicans are her enemy, therefore she would be automatically eliminated. Sanders states that big business is the enemy, so he should be eliminated. The Republican candidates have used some harsh verbiage in their campaigns but the enemy to them is terrorists, criminals, and illegal aliens. Yes, in many cases they have stated their defense of murdered babies rights.

I doubt anyone is "blinded" by the fact that Obama is inept and weak. Most logical thinking people realize this by now, even the Democrats.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Really?

Then how the
Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let's try it agian!

Really?

Then how the did Obama make it?

He was a black/muslim activist before the elections and has proven he still is.

HE HAS NO VALUE ADDING EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
CHI, are you late to the table ?

THAT is the point. It "seems" like that was NOT important when Obama was elected and in fact, you and others still tout his foreign relations. Fact is, not only did he get the Noble Peace Prize, the entire liberal nation touted him as a messiah.

NOW, with Clinton running, suddenly it is important.

Can you not see how Democrats can be considered a bit confusing on this issue ?
Old 11-19-2015, 11:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
CHI, are you late to the table ?

THAT is the point. It "seems" like that was NOT important when Obama was elected and in fact, you and others still tout his foreign relations. Fact is, not only did he get the Noble Peace Prize, the entire liberal nation touted him as a messiah.

NOW, with Clinton running, suddenly it is important.

Can you not see how Democrats can be considered a bit confusing on this issue ?

Two things..... experience and foreign policy understanding are important to be a viable Presidential candidate.

Using Obama is running out of steam as the time clock keeps ticking. It will be time for thoughts and ideas independent of invoking his term in office.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Two things..... experience and foreign policy understanding are important to be a viable Presidential candidate.

Using Obama is running out of steam as the time clock keeps ticking. It will be time for thoughts and ideas independent of invoking his term in office.
I am a bit confused CHI.

Nobody was "using" Obama. The question was how the dialogue has changed. When Obama ran, his lack of experience meant nothing to the Democratic Party...literally NOTHING.

NOW suddenly, a new canidate and experience is so vital.

That rings of hypocrisy to me. The standards change to fit the canidate,

Age was a big factor for the Democrats in 2012, and in 2008, and now it is meaningless.

How can you speak of those things without having the words choke you ?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:18 PM
n/a

The one thing I know for sure is based on Obama's behavior those cojoined twins are lucky he wasn't the surgeon assigned to their case.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-19-2015, 03:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
The one thing I know for sure is based on Obama's behavior those cojoined twins are lucky he wasn't the surgeon assigned to their case.

Personal Best Regards:
How about based on Obama's education and experience in non-medical situations that cojoined twins were lucky that he was not assigned as their surgeon?

Personal Best Regards To Ya:
Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 PM
n/a

Quote:

And yet, liberals are still invoking Bush's name every chance they get to excuse Obama's inept failure.

Tags
academy, ben, military, point, west, carson’s, carson, politico, presidential, obtained, evidence, concession, history, applied, spokesperson, personal, calling, admission, question, key, piece, hopeful’s, record, application, accepted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.