Rasmussen Poll 6/28/11: Generic Republican 46%; Obama 42%

Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
n/a

Default Rasmussen Poll 6/28/11: Generic Republican 46%; Obama 42%

A generic Republican now beats President Obama by 4 points in a hypothetical matchup. This is the biggest lead yet for an unnamed Republican over the current President which has the unnamed Republican ahead for 5 straight weeks.

This is a survey of likely voters. 3% prefer another candidate and 9% are undecided between Obama and any Republican.

Republicans also hold a 7% lead over Democrats on a generic Congressional ballot.

There's more breakdowns of the numbers in the link, but for those who think Obama is "unbeatable". You need to think again.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...dential_ballot
Old 06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
A generic Republican now beats President Obama by 4 points in a hypothetical matchup. This is the biggest lead yet for an unnamed Republican over the current President which has the unnamed Republican ahead for 5 straight weeks.

This is a survey of likely voters. 3% prefer another candidate and 9% are undecided between Obama and any Republican.

Republicans also hold a 7% lead over Democrats on a generic Congressional ballot.

There's more breakdowns of the numbers in the link, but for those who think Obama is "unbeatable". You need to think again.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...dential_ballot
Its still early but encouraging and especially so because Rasmussen has a credible reputation
Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
n/a

Just have to wait and see who the Reopublicans put up on their slate. If it is someone from the lunatic fringe - and there are many Republicans who fit that category - President Obama has nothing to worry about.

However, chances are - even the Republicans - know that same thing and will put a moderate slate of candidates up for choice.

Until that time, it is a moot point to keep badmouthing the President and the potential G'Nopers.

Of course, keep watching Bill Maher on HBO for great comedy.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM
n/a

17 months to the election is a life time in politics. Anything could happen. Wait until its closer to election time, then lets see what the polls say about beating Obama with the nominee for the Repubs. If the Repubs don't pick a good candidate, Obama wins again.

I just would like the main stream media to focus on the issues and not the gaffs. Obama has made just as many as anyother pol in the race, but the media seems to overlook his mistakes and focus on the repub candidates remarks. Issues is what I am interested in, either you walk the walk or hit the road. Their past record will determine who I vote for or even if I vote for a presidental candidate, you can always leave that space blank.

John Stewart is much more entertaining, the Daily Show has the REAL news. LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Just have to wait and see who the Reopublicans put up on their slate. If it is someone from the lunatic fringe - and there are many Republicans who fit that category - President Obama has nothing to worry about.

However, chances are - even the Republicans - know that same thing and will put a moderate slate of candidates up for choice.

Until that time, it is a moot point to keep badmouthing the President and the potential G'Nopers.

You've got it bass-ackwards Bugs. It's the Republicans who are running against the lunatic fringe. The blindness of the liberals to that, is why they're going to lose.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
n/a

Naughty boy Richie, No Dems are in the lunatic fringe. Check for the black helicopter they are sending to pick you up for that remark. *S*
Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
n/a

Wow, it sounds as though Figmo is coming to the side of Light and away from the Forces of Darkness!

Richie, there is still a place for you. Rubicon, BBQMan, and Village Kahuna are all here waiting to embrace you - with your hemp rope.

No use to argue about who is going to win in November, 2012 since that is a long way away. I am just happy to be sipping a little Johnnie Walker Black or quaffing a few Yeunglings with friendly adverseries on a semi-regular basis.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wow, it sounds as though Figmo is coming to the side of Light and away from the Forces of Darkness!

Richie, there is still a place for you. Rubicon, BBQMan, and Village Kahuna are all here waiting to embrace you - with your hemp rope.

No use to argue about who is going to win in November, 2012 since that is a long way away. I am just happy to be sipping a little Johnnie Walker Black or quaffing a few Yeunglings with friendly adverseries on a semi-regular basis.
I know how you would have the same outlook if it was Obama who was leading in the polls. (yeah, right)

Also, you might want to put down that glass of Johnnie and reread Figmo's post. He was goofing on you guys. (humor's getting a little vague if you were joking)
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 AM
n/a

Obama is certainly NOT the lunatic fringe of the left. You have to look at your Jesse Jacksons and Barbara Boxers for that.

Right now the 'fringe' Republicans are getting press for their mistakes. Please keep in mind that we're still over 7 months from the FIRST VOTE being cast in the FIRST PRIMARY. A lot can happen in the meantime. Remember how George H. W. Bush was unbeatable? Remember how Hillary was "the annointed one" before the primaries in 2008?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
n/a

Default Rep

Any republican is better than Obama even Palin ( Did I say that ) maybe she would end up with a good VP
Old 06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
n/a

Quote:

Tbug: I'm telling you Mallard Fillmore could run against Obama and win. More precisely Obama continues to dig a deeper and deeper hole for himself. the problem of course is that he pulling us all down with him. I don't drink but that Johnny Walker you talking about is beginning to sound good to kill the pain until a new presidnt assumes office

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.