Binladen, I, me Obama did it, backlash:

Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
n/a

To be fair I'm sure George W would have got bin Laden, if he hadn't been so preoccupied with locating Saddam's super colossal secret stash of WMDs. Did he ever find those??

Did someone really reply with a "Bite me"? I don't think I've heard that since grade school.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
ijusluvit...you write it the way you prefer to read/think/speak.
I will continue to do like wise.

I will stick with my Christmas Tree light example....everything to do it is has been in motion for years....whoever is in office at the time gets to throw the switch.

I will give Obama as much credit for the action as his supporters will give Bush. That should make it easy for all...eh?

btk
Of course you can write what you wish!

But in this case, the facts are that the real bin Laden hunt occurred during the current President's term. HE decided to approve acting on the intelligence which was zeroing in on bin Laden for several months. In the final days, HE approved the type of action to be taken. In the last hour HE gave the order to continue, despite the hesitance of some advisors and the heavy responsibility of serious risks to those involved. All of these decisions are unquestionably the exercise of leadership. Again, you may disagree with the decisions made, and call it bad leadership, but that does not change the fact that it was the exercise of leadership.

And for goodness sake, let's stick to your original point and leave the media and Bush out of this.

Com'on, I'll bet you actually agree with Obama's decisions in this matter. If so, why not give him a teeny bit of credit?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Richie, my misinformed US citizen, President Barack Obama is YOUR president, too. Your candidate is not the president at this time. It is entirely possible Mr. Romney will win but until that time, YOUR president is Barack Obama.

You may think he is a joke - after all, we all had Junior Bush around to laugh at until January 20, 2009.

"Mission Accomplished - on President Obama's Watch"
I reject the leadership of the current occupier of the "people's house". It's my right as a free human being.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Of course you can write what you wish!

But in this case, the facts are that the real bin Laden hunt occurred during the current President's term. HE decided to approve acting on the intelligence which was zeroing in on bin Laden for several months. In the final days, HE approved the type of action to be taken. In the last hour HE gave the order to continue, despite the hesitance of some advisors and the heavy responsibility of serious risks to those involved. All of these decisions are unquestionably the exercise of leadership. Again, you may disagree with the decisions made, and call it bad leadership, but that does not change the fact that it was the exercise of leadership.

And for goodness sake, let's stick to your original point and leave the media and Bush out of this.

Com'on, I'll bet you actually agree with Obama's decisions in this matter. If so, why not give him a teeny bit of credit?
ijusluvit - and you know the hilighted information to be fact - how? do you seriously NOT think that a real hunt for obl did not take place until obama started one?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 AM
n/a

I think I felt a wave of dizziness come over me....an Obama supporter actually pleading to leave Bush out of the discussion.

Wait a minute I will be right back. I am going out to see if hell is freezing over!

The hunt for OBL has been underway since long before Obama. Yes the right opportunity finally came along....has nothing to do with Obama, it is merely a time sensitive incident...as in it was only a matter of time until he was eliminated...only a matter of time.

He does not get credit for the initiative to pursue OBL. Like the many other things Obama claims to have "inherited", he inherited the hunt for OBL.

Yes, I will give credit where and when it is due. It did happen on his watch.

Related to the subject: His current flaunting the event in the ruse of the anniversary celebration of the event is an example of his self centered need to flaunt the office. The constant reminding us when he does something like saying....as commander in chief I.....there is no need to remind the troops he is talking to of the rank of his office!!! But HE NEEDS IT!

And that is why it is very hard to acknowledge some of the good things he does as most everything is measured in terms of what is in it for him.

That is how I see it!!

btk
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
ijusluvit - and you know the hilighted information to be fact - how? do you seriously NOT think that a real hunt for obl did not take place until obama started one?
What I meant was that previous efforts to find bin Laden proved fruitless until some solid information surfaced while tracking one of his couriers two to three years ago. The whole 'hunt' story's been public for a long time.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I think I felt a wave of dizziness come over me....an Obama supporter actually pleading to leave Bush out of the discussion.

Wait a minute I will be right back. I am going out to see if hell is freezing over!

The hunt for OBL has been underway since long before Obama. Yes the right opportunity finally came along....has nothing to do with Obama, it is merely a time sensitive incident...as in it was only a matter of time until he was eliminated...only a matter of time.

He does not get credit for the initiative to pursue OBL. Like the many other things Obama claims to have "inherited", he inherited the hunt for OBL.

Yes, I will give credit where and when it is due. It did happen on his watch.

Related to the subject: His current flaunting the event in the ruse of the anniversary celebration of the event is an example of his self centered need to flaunt the office. The constant reminding us when he does something like saying....as commander in chief I.....there is no need to remind the troops he is talking to of the rank of his office!!! But HE NEEDS IT!

And that is why it is very hard to acknowledge some of the good things he does as most everything is measured in terms of what is in it for him.

That is how I see it!!

btk
Now here's a post I can agree with.

You've given Obama credit for the leadership he exercised in this case. Now that wasn't so bad was it?

(somehow I can picture you holding your nose though)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM
n/a

Once again you have represented something other than what I said or intended to say:

You stated:
"You've given Obama credit for the leadership he exercised in this case."

I stated:
"Yes, I will give credit where and when it is due. It did happen on his watch."

In no way is there ANY intention on my part to: "...given Obama credit for the leadership he exercised..."

Obama gets the credit for authorizing the mission...the leadership was 100% within the military...

That is how I said it and how I see it!!

btk
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post

Did someone really reply with a "Bite me"? I don't think I've heard that since grade school.
Someone sure did. Someone who always criticizes liberals for being childish.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
n/a

BTK is sure a talented guy. He can type out of two sides of his mouth. Praising President Obama and demonizing at the same time. Good job!

As far as Pres. Obama flying to Afghanistan on the 1 year mark of bin Laden's death and a visit to the troops, that was absolutely great. It sure was a lot better than Juniior Bush flying in a military jet fighter to use a US aircraft carrier as a photo op to declare the war was over although it cost over 4,000 MORE American lives from that point. What a maroon that guy was!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
BTK is sure a talented guy. He can type out of two sides of his mouth. Praising President Obama and demonizing at the same time. Good job!

As far as Pres. Obama flying to Afghanistan on the 1 year mark of bin Laden's death and a visit to the troops, that was absolutely great. It sure was a lot better than Juniior Bush flying in a military jet fighter to use a US aircraft carrier as a photo op to declare the war was over although it cost over 4,000 MORE American lives from that point. What a maroon that guy was!
Bush seemed to be a lot more intelligent than he came off. Kind of a really interesting take on Being There would you not say? I had always thought, however, that it was really Dick Cheney though who was pulling many of Bush, Jr.s strings.

At least, Mitt Romney as well as Barack Obama look like men who would not be controlled by overbearing Vice Presidents. Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency | washingtonpost.com

Did get the impression though that if Sarah Palin became VP she would have given John McCain a Cheney like lesson in back seat driving.

Back to the subject of the thread, there were terrorists attacks in Afghanistan not very long after the President left. It does take a lot of courage to go into an active war zone like that. Taliban Launch Deadly Attack On Kabul Hours After Obama Visit

And also on Obama's recent trip, John McCain praised it. John McCain Praises Obama For Afghanistan Trip
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM
n/a

Quote:

"BTK is sure a talented guy. He can type out of two sides of his mouth."

I suppose I could look at your post as a compliment to achieving a politicians capability or a partisan panderer's select ability to be on the correct side of everything.

Since that is not likely we'll just go with the norm of you being wrong again as per usual.

btk
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
n/a

Jon Stewart of The Daily Show exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the Republicans. Hilarious!!

Victory Lapse - The Anniversary of Osama bin Laden's Death - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/01/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Jon Stewart of The Daily Show exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the Republicans. Hilarious!!

Victory Lapse - The Anniversary of Osama bin Laden's Death - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/01/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
The issue is not whether Obama actually did the tough thing, and also the right thing; he did. But he seems to claim full credit for the deed, as if he changed some policy that made the location of Osama bin Laden a higher priority for the intelligence community, or gave them additional resources which led to finding him, or did anything beyond the job of Commander in Chief in ordering the SEALs to do the job. He didn't.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
What I meant was that previous efforts to find bin Laden proved fruitless until some solid information surfaced while tracking one of his couriers two to three years ago. The whole 'hunt' story's been public for a long time.
can't agree with you that 'previous efforts to find bin laden proved fruitless'.

might you agree that previous efforts to find obl brought the military closer and closer and to the point that a courier's name became known which allowed for greater tracking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.