Binladen, I, me Obama did it, backlash:

Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Jon Stewart of The Daily Show exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the Republicans. Hilarious!!

Victory Lapse - The Anniversary of Osama bin Laden's Death - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/01/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
That's great. Very funny.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
The issue is not whether Obama actually did the tough thing, and also the right thing; he did. But he seems to claim full credit for the deed, as if he changed some policy that made the location of Osama bin Laden a higher priority for the intelligence community, or gave them additional resources which led to finding him, or did anything beyond the job of Commander in Chief in ordering the SEALs to do the job. He didn't.
Bucco, you're just like BTK on this matter. You just can't recognize effective, appropriate leadership cleanly. There has to be the 'yeah buts'.

You've seen the endless sound bites of Obama crediting everyone under the sun for their roles in the bin Laden mission. Why do you ignore all of that with the sweeping generalization: "...he seems to claim full credit for the deed".

If you keep claiming stuff like this, can you back it up with his actual quotes which diminish or discount Obama's previous recognition and thank yous to so many?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
Bucco, you're just like BTK on this matter. You just can't recognize effective, appropriate leadership cleanly. There has to be the 'yeah buts'.

You've seen the endless sound bites of Obama crediting everyone under the sun for their roles in the bin Laden mission. Why do you ignore all of that with the sweeping generalization: "...he seems to claim full credit for the deed".

If you keep claiming stuff like this, can you back it up with his actual quotes which diminish or discount Obama's previous recognition and thank yous to so many?
With all due respect, what "claim" have I made to "diminsh" the actions of last year ?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
With all due respect, what "claim" have I made to "diminsh" the actions of last year ?
"Earth to Bucco............."
Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
n/a

ijusluvit:

your statement in reference to me in your response to bucco:

"You just can't recognize effective, appropriate leadership cleanly."

merely means I do not agree with your view of leadership. My success in corporate America was exactly due to being able to "recognize effective, appropriate leadership cleanly". And.....taking action when it was not present. Just because a person holds the office or the title does not entitle them to be called a leader. They must deliver and demonstrate, consistently, to be qualified as a leader. Politicians by their very glad hand, say anything pedigree are not consistent, and boy oh boy do they make promises unkept.

My measure of Obama's leadership capability is not isolated to one event.
Some very few POTUS were real leaders, however Obama is a typical politician making promises he either never intended to deliver on....or just didn't deliver.

You have your view of leadership and I have mine. Did you (and select others) ever try to agree to disagree without the snipping and carping about those who differ from your stance?

btk
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Earth to Bucco............."
A part of my quote from this thread

"The issue is not whether Obama actually did the tough thing, and also the right thing; he did."

The other post I made on this thread and one I want to make even clearer...

THIS stuff is not about what happened LAST YEAR....I, and others, extended kudos on that....this thread and the comments on here are a result of THIS YEARS activities
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:

To respond with all due respect because I find a continuing narrative on this particular subject to be objectionable, but the ad using the event for political purpose...and it was not simply a backdrop but used the act in concert with mentioning his opponent.....I found that very distasteful.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
n/a

The Presidential campaign this year is going to be very negative from both the Democrats and Republicans. In Florida, we are probably going to be seeing political ads ad nauseam on television since Florida is a swing state.

The real winners will be the television stations selling advertising time to the political parties. The losers will be us, the viewers, who have to listen to the bickering and false claims from both parties.

My advice is to read online papers on both liberal and conservative sides and hopefully we will get the right person in office - Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM
n/a

I suspect most voters have already made up their minds - even those who tell others they are "undecided".
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
I suspect most voters have already made up their minds - even those who tell others they are "undecided".
Have to see what happens during the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates to make up my mind on whom to vote for this November. Mitt Romney's pick for VP will be critical for me. I voted Republican in 2000 and 2004. Barack Obama got my vote in 2008 but that was mainly because of John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin as VP. I did not much like John Kerry in 2004. Did really like John Edwards back then. Have no admiration for John Edwards now though.

I really liked John McCain though. He would have made a good President if he had picked a little more carefully in his choice for VP.

Also, want to do more reading about President Barack Obama's Chicago days. TOTVers keep bringing this up. On a personal note, my supervisor while I was at the U of MN Law School Library for most of the time I was there was Lyonette Louis-Jacques. She was a Haitiian and very black. She left for the U of Chicago Law Library around 1991(?). Could not really say what her politics were though and doubt if she had many interactions with Professor Barack Obama when he was at the U of Chicago Law School. Althouse: Barack Obama at the University of Chicago Law School.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Have to see what happens during the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates to make up my mind on whom to vote for this November. Mitt Romney's pick for VP will be critical for me. I voted Republican in 2000 and 2004. Barack Obama got my vote in 2008 but that was mainly because of John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin as VP. I did not much like John Kerry in 2004. Did really like John Edwards back then. Have no admiration for John Edwards now though.

Also, want to do more reading about President Barack Obama's Chicago days. TOTVers keep bringing this up.
I agree that the Republican VP candidate will either make or break them. If they go for a nutjob like Sarah Palin was - they will be losing big time. Find a moderate conservative and they have a fair chance of winning.

John Edwards was always a bit too smarmy for me. His background as a personal injury lawyer just turned me off completely. I have known several lawyers who have been ambulance chasers and all of them are kind of slimy.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I agree that the Republican VP candidate will either make or break them. If they go for a nutjob like Sarah Palin was - they will be losing big time. Find a moderate conservative and they have a fair chance of winning.

John Edwards was always a bit too smarmy for me. His background as a personal injury lawyer just turned me off completely. I have known several lawyers who have been ambulance chasers and all of them are kind of slimy.
Most of the lawyers I have known to have been kind of slimy as well. Not the law students nor most of the law professors. That's academia. But, the lawyers I interacted with on Findlaw's message boards for about 4 years (2000-2004 or so) often did not play all that much by the rules.

My parents played bridge with Mills Lane and his wife when we lived in Reno, NV. He seemed like a good man. His wife was a very attractive blonde who was about a foot taller than he was. He was a TV judge, prosecutor, as well as the boxing referee from the Tyson/Holyfield fight. Holyfield-Tyson II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Mills Lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.