Birthers vs. Truthers: Conspiracy Theory Double Standard

Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Um... Richie, do we need to check your birth certificate?

... Are you sure you're old enough to live in TV? I'm just saying.
Sorry P, but your humor is lost on me. I will never let Liberals forget, ever.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
n/a

Ran across an article the other day. Google natural born citizen vs native born citizen. It was written by a "suppostedly" constitution expert. Interesting reading.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
n/a

nitakk--- I would love to have had Cheney as President. In my mind he would have been a stronger leader.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
n/a

The former president is was and always will be a disgrace from the day he started campaigning. Anyone remember when he ran on being a Washington outsider (laughable in itself) and then filled his cabinent with leftovers from daddy's administration? Or when he could not think ONE thing that he did wrong while in office? His position on stem cell research put us back nearly a decade...and don't start with the few strands that were available....I know science. And I still believe he went after Iraq because Saddam had had a hit on his daddy because of the Gulf War.

My all time favorite though, was his insistence that changing your mind is a sign of weakness. NO, it is a sign of being able to process information and learn. My second favorite was when he said he had a MANDATE after the second election when he won by what, 2%. Right, that is some mandate.

I am NOT repeat NOT an Obama supporter. I told hubby when he gave a speech at the convention that he would be president some day. But this was not his time. He has no experience and it shows. His whole thing about not knowing his minister was a racist was a joke.

This is the first and last political post I will ever make,but I just could not pass this one up.

RichieLion, I respect your right to your opinion and if we ever meet, we would probably like each other.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
n/a

Default You mean the President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Yes, Bush should express shame for that sneer he always had on his face. Bush said he did not care about polls on the negative ratings that were given him. Do you realize that Bush had an approval rating lower than Jimmy Carter when he left office?

In fact, President Obama has an approval rating HIGHER than your hero (and B film actor) Ronnie Reagan for the same point and time in office. 43% vs 42%.
that virtually slept through his second term, and knew nothing about Iran contra, an impeachable offense if ever there was one?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
that virtually slept through his second term, and knew nothing about Iran contra, an impeachable offense if ever there was one?
You need to reread (or maybe just read) your history.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 PM
n/a

How about just a discussion of are you better off today than a year ago? Than 2 years ago?
If yes and it is because of who (ever) is POTUS, please provide the details that made it so.

When Kennedy said we will go into space and here is what we will do to make it happen. We did just that. He took a leadership position and made things happen. We all as individuals and as a nation are/were better off as a result.

Now how about a discussion of why we are involved militarily with no end in sight in three locations in the mid east with no exit plan.

Deficit soaring with out of control spending with no plan in place to do other wise.

Dependent upon foreign oil (still) with not only no plan but increasingly reducing American production.

Forget the past and forget the R or the D...what is being done to assure your life is better tomorrow and our nation stronger than it was yesterday!!

This forum totally and completely lacks a two way dialogue about what is either being done or will be done to solve our CURRENT problems.

Always a continual deterioration to a non value adding discussion of who did or did not do what in the past based on the ever present yard stick of D or R.

I for one have no use for the fire fighter method of management that waits until the heat of the flames can be felt to decide whether to do something....or not.

Using the premise of lead, follow or get out of the way we have by default gravitated to the latter.

Regardless who is POTUS that has never ever worked....and never will.

Washington thrives on red herring discussions that take the spot light off the REAL CURRENT issues....always has.

btk
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
Also, Libs, please explain to me, why this president has spent millions of dollars, and had a team of lawyers, working to NOT release his Birth Certificate....Not a Certificate of Live Birth. Is he that big of a fool, or does he think that the American people are that big of fools.

Just asking.
What money? What lawyers? Quite frankly I think you're listening to people who are simple Making [Stuff] Up.

FACT: The law in Hawaii says only the person on the form or someone designated with power of attorney can see the form.

In order to 'not release' the information, Obama simply DID NOTHING. Why? IMO, because he was operating under the "I'm not going to dignify that with a response" tactic. Heck, one of the leaders of the 'birther' movement made claims that Obama's grandmother said he was born in Kenya and it turns out she never said that - he just MADE IT UP.

He needed to expend exactly $0 to simply let Hawaii operate according to the law. Trump, OTOH, wouldn't answer a reporter's question yesterday when he was asked what the "interesting things" were that his 'investigators' supposedly 'found'.

This is all diversionary CRAP.

Like the Republicans said after Bush's win - GET OVER IT.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.