" Bitch "items in Ambrosia's at Sumpter Landing

Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM
n/a

Default " Bitch "items in Ambrosia's at Sumpter Landing

I was shocked to go into Ambrosia's to get my favorite ice cream and there in front of me were all these hand towels with all kinds of saying on them with the word "bitch" on them. For example " The Bitch is in the kitchen".
Has anyone else been turned off by these items?
I will not go back there again until I know that they have been removed.
When I called the manager she just reminded me that a "bitch" is a female dog.
Could I get some other opinions on this.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM
n/a

Default Re: " :edit: "items in Ambrosia's at Sumpter Landing

At several stores not just here in town you can find these....as well as cook books that have those words on it....not sure what the big deal is over the word....why they would use it to market items....very odd....I would like not to have to see it either....
Old 09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
n/a

SUMTER Landing. Demeaning women in family oriented shops is uncalled for. I expect to see this sort of product at joke shops such as "Spencers". Bad choice by the buyer for Ambrosia, IMHO.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM
n/a

I am sure the towels, etc. weren't designed for use by female dogs! What a cop-out thing for someone on the staff to say. Take the complaint, say thank you for your input and relay the message to the buyer/owner. I think the buyer there usually does a fantastic job but I agree with you - this isn't appropriate nor is it funny. I hope they'll be on the 50% off shelf soon.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.