Cleveland

Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
n/a

Default Cleveland

Today, May day, the FBI arrested 5 young men on conspiracy to blow up the high level bridge (it is about 200' tall) This bridge goes over an industrial area on the south side of Cleveland. It has become very sad with our federal government trying to destroy us that we are trying to do it ourselves. What has happened to this country,it just gets worse and worse. I am beginning to think it really doesn't matter who becomes president.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM
n/a

This is nothing new. There has always been this kind of evil everywhere.

Remember Columbine? Remember how people said it was terrible how bad things were getting? Only later did the news report (and not for very long) that Columbine was NOT the deadliest school killing in US history - that was a guy who bombed a school some hundred years ago.

We just have a bunch of 24/7 news networks that beam the stuff into our living rooms - that's the difference now.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
This is nothing new. There has always been this kind of evil everywhere.

Remember Columbine? Remember how people said it was terrible how bad things were getting? Only later did the news report (and not for very long) that Columbine was NOT the deadliest school killing in US history - that was a guy who bombed a school some hundred years ago.

We just have a bunch of 24/7 news networks that beam the stuff into our living rooms - that's the difference now.
Would it not be great if they "beamed" stuff into our living rooms that was of some importance
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Would it not be great if they "beamed" stuff into our living rooms that was of some importance
My guess is that the perpetrators are left-wing anarchists or radical Islamists, and thus the story is only marginally of interest to the media.

Now if the perpetrators were able to be tied to a right-wing militia group or nationalist organization, THEN we'd have headline stories for weeks as we investigated these people, and we'd read stories on any and all groups who are in any way similar in their nationalist orientation.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
My guess is that the perpetrators are left-wing anarchists or radical Islamists, and thus the story is only marginally of interest to the media.

Now if the perpetrators were able to be tied to a right-wing militia group or nationalist organization, THEN we'd have headline stories for weeks as we investigated these people, and we'd read stories on any and all groups who are in any way similar in their nationalist orientation.
Definitely anarchists of one persuasion or another. An anarchist is one who is against government of any kind so left wing is probably not correct. I would guess neo-nazi, right-wing military militia who were ignorant of what they were trying to do. They obviously were too stupid to pull off their terrorism. Well, chalk one more terrorist plot thwarted by the Federal government agents. Good going, FBI.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
n/a

And leftists/democrats equate the Occupy Movement to the T.E.A Party (Taxed Enough Already)........

National Media Ignore Would-be Cleveland Terrorists' Occupy Connections | NewsBusters.org
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
And leftists/democrats equate the Occupy Movement to the T.E.A Party (Taxed Enough Already)........

National Media Ignore Would-be Cleveland Terrorists' Occupy Connections | NewsBusters.org
I have had some DIRECT exposure to that OCCUPY group as I mentioned in a post yesterday and thus far have found NONE of them that are employed...NONE who are not collecting some form of government stipend.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
n/a

I dont know if anyone knows the problem the blowing up of this bridge would have caused. I lived in Cleveland and drove this bridge daily to and from work. And does surprise me that so far no mention of this on national news networks. But then no one really cares about Cleveland Fox news did talk about this morning. I strongly believe that the lack of any positive action on behalf of obama does help lead to many of the problems we are having in this country yes GW did help to mess some of it up but then didnt he have a democrat controlled congress at the end of his term. I guess they are all to blame.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
I dont know if anyone knows the problem the blowing up of this bridge would have caused. I lived in Cleveland and drove this bridge daily to and from work. And does surprise me that so far no mention of this on national news networks. But then no one really cares about Cleveland Fox news did talk about this morning. I strongly believe that the lack of any positive action on behalf of obama does help lead to many of the problems we are having in this country yes GW did help to mess some of it up but then didnt he have a democrat controlled congress at the end of his term. I guess they are all to blame.
I hate to sound overly dramatic but I really believe I see the beginnings of class warfare in this country......I pray I am wrong but we have an administration that is playing into it !!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I hate to sound overly dramatic but I really believe I see the beginnings of class warfare in this country......I pray I am wrong but we have an administration that is playing into it !!
If you look at the two links I gave to Cleveland area news media you will see that the FBI confidential informant actually played a big role in planning and carrying out this attack on the bridge. Dummy explosives were planted.

Law enforcement was going for a big score. Hope they did not go too far and entrap these people in some scheme that would not have happened unless the CI pushed it. Lawyer questions informant's role in Brecksville Route 82 bridge bomb plot Bridge bomb plot: 5 suspects arrested, charged with failed attempt to blow up the Ohio 82 bridge (video) | cleveland.com
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
If you look at the two links I gave to Cleveland area news media you will see that the FBI confidential informant actually played a big role in planning and carrying out this attack on the bridge. Dummy explosives were planted.

Law enforcement was going for a big score. Hope they did not go too far and entrap these people in some scheme that would not have happened unless the CI pushed it.
I knew that...it was on the news....I am questioning the motivation....that was the intent of my post. I sincerely hope I am wrong but the rhetoric and such that permeates everything is just scary.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
n/a

To me, the story should really be the fact that LAW ENFORCEMENT cracked this case. Just like all the other plots - it's domestic intelligence working now that the ONE are of the Patriot Act that I agree with has been allowed - the sharing of intelligence between enforcement agencies.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
To me, the story should really be the fact that LAW ENFORCEMENT cracked this case. Just like all the other plots - it's domestic intelligence working now that the ONE are of the Patriot Act that I agree with has been allowed - the sharing of intelligence between enforcement agencies.
A lot could have gone wrong though with having a CI involved in the plot for what sounds like six months or so.

Thank god these men look like rather dumb criminals than very well trained terrorists.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 AM
n/a

".....Azir met the five suspects at an Occupy protest on Oct. 21, 2011. According to Pyle, Azir started supplying the group with money, means and coaching to go through with the bomb plot."

Read more: Bomb plot suspect's attorney reveals FBI's informant, Shaquille Azir, who has long criminal record

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.