Cleveland

Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
".....Azir met the five suspects at an Occupy protest on Oct. 21, 2011. According to Pyle, Azir started supplying the group with money, means and coaching to go through with the bomb plot."

Read more: Bomb plot suspect's attorney reveals FBI's informant, Shaquille Azir, who has long criminal record
That's interesting. Will have to follow this one.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM
n/a

".....Defense lawyer John Pyle, who represents one of the defendants, Brandon Baxter, told the Associated Press that the informant’s role needed to be examined.

“We need to … put the case under a microscope,” Pyle said. “But just on the basis on the filing in the court, there's some indicators that this informant was playing a really active role.”

The informant, identified in court papers as “Confidential Human Source,” has been working for the FBI since July 20, and received approximately $5,750 for services and $550 for expenses.

The payments stopped when the informant began probation......"

Cleveland bomb plot: FBI's use of informant raises questions - chicagotribune.com
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
To me, the story should really be the fact that LAW ENFORCEMENT cracked this case. Just like all the other plots - it's domestic intelligence working now that the ONE are of the Patriot Act that I agree with has been allowed - the sharing of intelligence between enforcement agencies.
You are correct here. The worry that the CI was a person with a less than stellar record are misguided. The Mother Theresa types of this world could never have infiltrated this group. A criminal record and consequential 'street cred' allowed this man to do so.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
You are correct here. The worry that the CI was a person with a less than stellar record are misguided. The Mother Theresa types of this world could never have infiltrated this group. A criminal record and consequential 'street cred' allowed this man to do so.
Amen. The ACLU and the lawyers will try to save these morons and could prevail. Hopefully good sense will rise to the top. Thank God that the FBI were all over this and not some Colombian whores.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
n/a

I read this today and have not gotten a secondary validation but it rings true and if so, WOW...

"We only ever cover left-wing groups when they have a right-wing component, he told me. For example, “when anarchist groups are infiltrated by those on the right; Neo-Nazis, that sort of thing.”

This comment from a member of Southern Poverty Law Center and was a result of a person who has followed the Occupy moment from the start...

"In light of the May Day arrests of the Cuyahoga 5, the Occupy Wall Street–affiliated group of men who planned to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio, I called the Southern Poverty Law Center to find out of they had any plans to start tracking the Occupy movement. The first person I spoke to was so shocked by the question that she paused for a good 15 seconds before promising to put me in touch with a representative. This she eventually did, however, and after a game of cat-and-mouse — the person she’d found for me was busy “hosting an international conference on right-wing extremism,” natch — we managed to touch base and I to pose the question: “Do you have any plans to start tracking Occupy Wall Street after a hate group tried to blow up a bridge?”

Occupy the Southern Poverty Law Center - By Charles C. W. Cooke - The Corner - National Review Online
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I read this today and have not gotten a secondary validation but it rings true and if so, WOW...

"We only ever cover left-wing groups when they have a right-wing component, he told me. For example, “when anarchist groups are infiltrated by those on the right; Neo-Nazis, that sort of thing.”

This comment from a member of Southern Poverty Law Center and was a result of a person who has followed the Occupy moment from the start...

"In light of the May Day arrests of the Cuyahoga 5, the Occupy Wall Street–affiliated group of men who planned to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio, I called the Southern Poverty Law Center to find out of they had any plans to start tracking the Occupy movement. The first person I spoke to was so shocked by the question that she paused for a good 15 seconds before promising to put me in touch with a representative. This she eventually did, however, and after a game of cat-and-mouse — the person she’d found for me was busy “hosting an international conference on right-wing extremism,” natch — we managed to touch base and I to pose the question: “Do you have any plans to start tracking Occupy Wall Street after a hate group tried to blow up a bridge?”

Occupy the Southern Poverty Law Center - By Charles C. W. Cooke - The Corner - National Review Online
Not sure how anyone can make the Occupy Wall Street movement into a hate group. Who We Are | Southern Poverty Law Center
Old 05-04-2012, 03:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Not sure how anyone can make the Occupy Wall Street movement into a hate group. Who We Are | Southern Poverty Law Center
Yeah no hate in wanting to blow up that bridge for sure
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yeah no hate in wanting to blow up that bridge for sure
That was not the Occupy Wall Street Movement though but 5 morons who were directed by a law enforcement CI as far as I can tell. That has the same kind of logic as arguing that the Democrats are a hate group because this group of 5 meatheads probably also are all Democrats.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
That was not the Occupy Wall Street Movement though but 5 morons who were directed by a law enforcement CI as far as I can tell. That has the same kind of logic as arguing that the Democrats are a hate group because this group of 5 meatheads probably also are all Democrats.
You can have your dreams. I have actually met and talked to these people.

You can make them do gooder saints, but that just isnt so.

We will agree to totally disagree on this subject. I have seen them here in Tampa in action !!!! And because of that, did my homework !!

So we will just disagree and you brought up the politics of it..not me
Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
You can have your dreams. I have actually met and talked to these people.

You can make them do gooder saints, but that just isnt so.

We will agree to totally disagree on this subject. I have seen them here in Tampa in action !!!! And because of that, did my homework !!

So we will just disagree and you brought up the politics of it..not me
They are not do gooder saints. Neither though are they like the groups tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Occupy Wall Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hate and Extremism | Southern Poverty Law Center
Old 05-04-2012, 06:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725;488***
They are not do gooder saints. Neither though are they like the groups tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Like they said...they must have right wing roots or they do not follow

The quote was ""We only ever cover left-wing groups when they have a right-wing component"
Old 05-04-2012, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Like they said...they must have right wing roots or they do not follow

The quote was ""We only ever cover left-wing groups when they have a right-wing component"

Try actually reading stuff put out by the Southern Poverty Law Center rather than what some Republican political group puts out. Hate Incidents | Southern Poverty Law Center
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Try actually reading stuff put out by the Southern Poverty Law Center rather than what some Republican political group puts out. Hate Incidents | Southern Poverty Law Center
Please no lectures.....I AM VERY VERY famaliar with the group...VERY...not just from reading.

Plus, I assume you read about the author of this article AND his personal experience for a number of years with the group ????
Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM
n/a

Default I have read that article.

Quote:
Please no lectures.....I AM VERY VERY famaliar with the group...VERY...not just from reading.

Plus, I assume you read about the author of this article AND his personal experience for a number of years with the group ????

Again, he sees the bombing plot as being part of the Occupy Wall Street movement. That is a big stretch to take the actions of some criminal losers as those of what look like a bunch of kids who had demonstrating agaisnt economic inequalities. Of course, there will be bad elements in any kind of movement of this size. It is like saying that a drunking driving related assault here in the Villages by a senior on a senior is somehow the fault of the Villagers themselves. And, then calling Southern Poverty Law Center and asking them why the Villages is not on their hate group list.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:

Again, he sees the bombing plot as being part of the Occupy Wall Street movement. That is a big stretch to take the actions of some criminal losers as those of what look like a bunch of kids who had demonstrating agaisnt economic inequalities. Of course, there will be bad elements in any kind of movement of this size. It is like saying that a drunking driving related assault here in the Villages by a senior on a senior is somehow the fault of the Villagers themselves. And, then calling Southern Poverty Law Center and asking them why the Villages is not on their hate group list.

Ok....I will be glad to read what YOUR definition of Occupy is, not Wiki's but YOURS.

I have met these folks, only in Tampa mind you, but as a result of meeting and talking with them, I have read about the violence, and the make up....but will anxiously wait for how you see them !!!

Southern Poverty Law Center has been the group that is actively tagging and demonstrating how the Tea Party is racist...they are the same group who is out demonstrating against the Arizona immigration law....same people. Oh, I know how nice their website reads, but it is very similiar to ACORN....and that does not mean that they do not do ANYTHING good, but take the comment they made to the reporter and lay it alongside the issues they are pushing (anti Tea Party and anti Arizona immigration, etc) and you have a political action group.

What I have given you are FACTS...REAL FACTS....I do not understand your made up story on The Villages.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.