On Comey’s firing, the White House keeps changing its story

Old 05-11-2017, 11:31 PM
n/a

Default On Comey’s firing, the White House keeps changing its story

On Comey's firing, the White House keeps changing its story | PBS NewsHour

Oval Office Fumigated After Complaints Of Overwhelming Smell Of Bull**** – Waterford Whispers News
Old 05-12-2017, 04:25 AM
n/a

I wonder if the White House and Trump's cabinet members will use a video to blame on Comey's firing. After all, it worked on half of America the last time.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I wonder if the White House and Trump's cabinet members will use a video to blame on Comey's firing. After all, it worked on half of America the last time.
This post is low and unamerican.

To support lying of such disregard is stunning.

Anyone who reads today's New York Times should be outraged.

I think those opposed to Trump should just step back because the last 48 hours will destroy all his, Trumps, support, and the news this morning is going to push those who wanted to support him to the edge. This is now going to unravel on its own.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:31 AM
n/a

If anything, it's the democrats that keep changing their story.

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act, a federal law, by publicly disclosing new information about the Clinton investigation 11 days ahead of the presidential election.
“I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act, which bars FBI officials from using their official authority to influence an election,” Reid wrote in the letter. “Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.”

Oct. 31, 2016: Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen reiterated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column published in The Hill.
“In light of the recent comments by FBI Director Comey re: HillaryClinton emails, I call on him to resign. Read my full statement here:

Nov. 2, 2016: Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation.
“I do not have confidence in him any longer,” Schumer said at the time. “To restore my faith, I am going to have to sit down and talk to him and get an explanation for why he did this.”

Nov 2, 2016 House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.
"Maybe he's not in the right job," Pelosi said. "I think that we have to just get through this election and just see what the casualties are along the way."

Oct. 30, 2016, the New York Daily News editorial board called on Comey to resign:
FBI Director James Comey’s democracy-bending decision to inform America, 11 days before its presidential election, that the bureau is digging into a trove of additional emails demands the highest condemnation. And he must resign.

Oct. 31, 2016, Think Progress Justice editor Ian Millhiser wrote a post making “the case for firing James Comey”:
“We also know that Comey violated longstanding Justice Department protocol when he decided to disclose the very few facts that he actually did disclose in his letter to the Republican chairs. And we know that he wrote the letter over the explicit objections of Attorney General Loretta Lynch.Taken together, these actions constitute a fireable offense.”

Nov. 7, 2016, Newsweek columnist Kurt Eichenwald didn’t just call for the FBI director’s firing — he said Comey was unfit for public service:
“James Comey should not simply be fired as director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He must be barred forever from any form of public service.”

Jan. 13, 2017: Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”
Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Jan. 24, 2017: Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.”
“He embarrassed this nation, he possibly influenced the outcome of a presidential election, and he should not hold any position of trust, whatsoever, in our government.”
And that’s just a list of Democratic lawmakers who spoke up about Comey. Others made similar calls for the FBI director to step down last year.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:50 AM
n/a

I listened to that press conference and I thought that Sanders gave and excellent explanation of why the story seemed to have changed. Of course, that's not mentioned in this hit piece. PBS evidently believes that just because a liberal reporter asks several questions, implying a certain narrative, that that narrative is true.

Go find a video or text of of the complete news conference, turn off your bias for a few minutes and listen to what she had to say.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
I listened to that press conference and I thought that Sanders gave and excellent explanation of why the story seemed to have changed. Of course, that's not mentioned in this hit piece. PBS evidently believes that just because a liberal reporter asks several questions, implying a certain narrative, that that narrative is true.

Go find a video or text of of the complete news conference, turn off your bias for a few minutes and listen to what she had to say.
Trump just sent an email that was shown on Fox News.

Trump just stated that his surrogates can't be expected to go out there and be accurate all the time.

M. Pence, K. Conway, J. Spicer, and S. Huckabee Sanders all of them went out there and stated that Comey was fired based upon the letter Trump was given by Rosenstein. How can all four be wrong? They all were told what to say, which was an out and out bold faced lie.

When the Trump team got called on it, they knew the lies just wouldn't fly. Trump was forced to tell the truth, which is probably a first for him.

Given his statement about accuracy, how can anybody believe a damn word that is coming out of their mouths?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Trump just sent an email that was shown on Fox News.

Trump just stated that his surrogates can't be expected to go out there and be accurate all the time.

M. Pence, K. Conway, J. Spicer, and S. Huckabee Sanders all of them went out there and stated that Comey was fired based upon the letter Trump was given by Rosenstein. How can all four be wrong? They all were told what to say, which was an out and out bold faced lie.

When the Trump team got called on it, they knew the lies just wouldn't fly. Trump was forced to tell the truth, which is probably a first for him.

Given his statement about accuracy, how can anybody believe a damn word that is coming out of their mouths?

Alternative Facts!
Old 05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
n/a

Chump is finally paying for his compulsive lying.

When someone like him is allergic to telling the truth, his lies will eventually start contradicting each other.

Thank goodness decent American citizens...are finally seeing it.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:55 PM
n/a

Default It Wasn't Me

"On Comey's firing, the White House keeps changing its story"
Hmmmm

How many different versions of Fast & Furious were fed to the public?

How many different versions of IRS Targeted initiative against conservatives were fed to the public?

How many different versions of the Benghazi ( I am at the ready to pick up the red phone at 3:00 AM Hillary) were fed to the public

How many different versions of Hillary's personal e-mail server construction, use, destruction, deletions no classified information sent or received were fed to the public.

How many different versions of the Clinton Charitable Foundation were fed to the public.

How many different versions of why Hillary lost the election have been fed to the public.

How many times over the last 8 years have we heard the cop out

It wasn't me Obama
It wasn't me Hillary
It wasn't me Nancy
It wasn't me Susan
It wasn't me Valerie
It wasn't me Elizabeth
It wasn't me Huma
It wasn't me Lois

"IT WASN'T ME" THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION MANTRA

Personal Best Regards
Old 05-12-2017, 09:30 PM
n/a

Quote:

I think those opposed to Trump should just step back because the last 48 hours will destroy all his, Trumps, support, and the news this morning is going to push those who wanted to support him to the edge. This is now going to unravel on its own.
Trump is so used to never having his actions questioned, that he's living in an 'alternative fact universe.'

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if we all of a sudden find ourselves in an armed conflict somewhere...in his pathetic attempt to sweep the Comey/Russian thing under the rug.

Then again, for his cultists the old... "look, a bright shiny thing" seems to work quite well on them.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:30 PM
n/a

Quote:

Trump is so used to never having his actions questioned, that he's living in an 'alternative fact universe.'

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if we all of a sudden find ourselves in an armed conflict somewhere...in his pathetic attempt to sweep the Comey/Russian thing under the rug.

Then again, for his cultists, the old... "look, a bright shiny thing" seems to work quite well on them.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:17 AM
n/a

Quote:

When someone like him is allergic to telling the truth, his lies will eventually start contradicting each other.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:55 AM
n/a

Quote:

The only difference between Trump and the previous administration is his every word is challenged and amplifies and repeated...right or wrong or real or not or warranted or not.....thanks to the media and the resistance movement.

The previous administration had the luxury of not being penalized for saying or doing stupid or divisive words or actions....when a doubt was evident it was ignored, glossed over or someone would come out and clarify what he meant to say or what he did not mean or even declare what he did not say.

Hence we are exposed to an inordinate amount of jack jawing, arm waving, parroting. And when in doubt or not sure.....attack any way.

Truly double standard.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
The only difference between Trump and the previous administration is his every word is challenged and amplifies and repeated...right or wrong or real or not or warranted or not.....thanks to the media and the resistance movement.

The previous administration had the luxury of not being penalized for saying or doing stupid or divisive words or actions....when a doubt was evident it was ignored, glossed over or someone would come out and clarify what he meant to say or what he did not mean or even declare what he did not say.

Hence we are exposed to an inordinate amount of jack jawing, arm waving, parroting. And when in doubt or not sure.....attack any way.

Truly double standard.
You can't be serious. Fox News never challenged him? They made their money by challenging him on everything. The Republican party was known as the party of "NO". Mitch McConnell is king of the filibuster. The first filibuster Schumer used was bypassed. There was a cartoon in the Daily Sun showing Schumer as a pig in the filibuster mud. Mc Connell hand's are perfectly clean.

Did the Democrats oppose everything "W" proposed? No, they didn't. The Republicans caused the situation that we are in now, when one party can't even talk to the other. They should be so proud.

You are a perfect Republican. Everything we do is right, and everything the Democrats do is wrong. Close your ears, and eyes to everything this pathological liar says, and tweets. It is a crime to point out every lie that comes out of Trump's mouth. Why, because we live in an dictatorship, where free speech is not allowed, and the lying is perfectly acceptable to his followers.

Promises made; promises keep. I guess he promised to never tell the truth. Well, he keeping that promise. He promised never to change. So, acting like a five year old calling people names is applauded.

In a little over 110 days into his presidency, he has lied more than the last five presidents combined. Google his lies, and you will spend a day reading them all.

Tags
changing, story, house, comey’s, firing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.