The corporate income tax is basically a giant SALES TAX, stupidly discussed ...

Old 12-19-2017, 03:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

You make a disappointingly narrow interpretation of my thesis.

Corporate income tax is an expensive FRAUD and should be totally abolished for that reason alone.

You make a disappointingly narrow thesis. Corporations are currently sitting on 1.9 Trillion dollars in profits and the stock market is at an all time high. Therefore, no tax cuts are required. If the corporations want to add jobs, cut costs to the consumer or build plants, they have the means to do it now.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsturner View Post
You make a disappointingly narrow thesis. Corporations are currently sitting on 1.9 Trillion dollars in profits and the stock market is at an all time high. Therefore, no tax cuts are required. If the corporations want to add jobs, cut costs to the consumer or build plants, they have the means to do it now.
And you are an expert? Based on all of your regular forum wonderful posts?

Go away troll.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
And what is the current federal debt? $20 trillion.

Where do you think that money went? To the banks, corporations, AND keeping the markets up. Ever heard of QE? POMO?

It's ALL fake...being held up by debt.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
And what is the current federal debt? $20 trillion.

Where do you think that money went? To the banks, corporations, AND keeping the markets up. Ever heard of QE? POMO?

It's ALL fake...being held up by debt.
Yes.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:33 PM
n/a

Why go away? Are you unable to support your thesis? Do you have an example of tax cuts for corporations resulting in cost cuts for consumers? If I’m not an expert, are you?
Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
So, in the unlikely event that the proposed tax reduction bill passes Congress and is signed by the President, we can all expect to see a reduction in the price of all goods and services in America because of the great corporate savings. Let's not hold our breath on that one!
No I will not be lowering my prices, I will be able to bring more money home for myself and my family. Is that wrong of me?
Last year my company's gross sales was highest it had been since 2006...but my net was no where near what it was in 2006.
My material costs have consistantly gone up, shipping costs are higher and we incur fuel surcharges on all material orders, our employees cost us more today than 13 years ago, and on top of all that we have more competition today.
Why should I be punished to pay a higher rate of tax because I worked harder? Why should I pay higher tax when so many lazy POS people do not work, pay no tax, and receive "benifits" from my hard earned tax money? Why am I being punished??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 04:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsturner View Post
Well I can tell you my corporation is not sitting on money...there would be no benefit to that. Money deposited less expenses = income.
Corporations are taxed on income.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 05:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why go away? Are you unable to support your thesis? Do you have an example of tax cuts for corporations resulting in cost cuts for consumers? If I’m not an expert, are you?
Either you're not reading the original post or you're not understanding it. Taxes paid by corporations, any companies or businesses for that matter, come from the ultimate consumer. Where do you think that they get the money to pay taxes? When their wholesale and retail prices for goods and services are determined, the taxes on profit is added to the price. Corporations and business don't actually pay. all taxes are paid by the consumer.

Now would prices come down if there were no corporate tax?
Some people might say no because these greedy corporations would just keep the extra money. But that ignores one thing, competition. One of these greedy corporations would figure out that if they lowered their prices they would sell more and make more money overall. Soon, other companies, corporations, and businesses of all types would have to lower their prices to stay competitive. They wouldn't do it out of concern for their fellow man or the population in general. They would lower prices out of greed and a thirst to be number one.

Now, if you don't think this is true think about it another way. Let's say we get rid of all individual income taxes and make corporations, companies, and businesses pay at a 90% tax rate. What do you think would happen to prices? Do you think they would go up?

If you understand nothing else, understand the idea that corporations only collect money from the consumers and give it to the government. The more they have to pay in taxes, the more we'll pay for goods and services.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
What makes you think that corporations want to add jobs or cut costs to the consumer? Corporations want to have as few employees as possible and have their prices as high as possible. They will only add jobs if they think they will make more money than. They will only lower prices if they think it will improve their bottom line.

Where exactly is this $1.9 trillion kept? If it is indeed profit, then they would have paid taxes on it. Why would a corporation sit on money?

The other problem with this idea of corporations are sitting on a large amount of money is that people that say it, look at corporations as one entity. It's the same as the "big oil" paradigm.
There is no "big oil". There are only several oil companies. There are perhaps hundreds of thousands of corporations, large and small, in this country. Do you think that they all get together and conspire to sit on money? I fact what they do is try to beat each other out of business.

Tags
tax, terms, rich, discussed, sales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.