County Commissioners (and judges)

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
n/a

Default County Commissioners (and judges)

Guess this could be posted in political but I think it's a better fit with the general discussion. I received my absentee ballot today and wonder if anyone has insights regarding the county commissioner candidates: Dick Hoffman vs Charlotte Poss and Randy Mask vs. Joseph Capporelli. Noted that one of the candidates claims that he will work with officials to bring a post office to The Villages. Do we know where any of the other candidates stand on The Villages issues? There is one judge race that is contested - Circuit Judge 5th Circuit: Sandy Hawkins and Denise Lynn. I'm hopeful that the paper will post the candidate positions but need it soon for those of us who have to vote absentee.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:14 PM
n/a

Smile Co Commissioners and Judges reponse

JoJo,
You may of fired off your absentee by now. I'm candidate Joseph Capporelli. I don't recall having a forum that I attended in TV that there was a mention of a Post Office or a need for one. Forums are limited at best so it will be difficult for you to have an opportunity to meet with the candidates. This saturday the TV paper will have a quick QA on the CC's. As a candidate from outside of TV it's very hard to get dialed in to your needs other than the CC meetings and by reading the Paper. Not always a true reflection of what's going on. All I can be is responsive right now to understand those needs and be fair on what has to be done.

I'm a retired Senior Non Commissioned officer from the USAF and I presently run a small business as a Financial Advisor. Live in Webster, have a business in Wildwood and Bushnell. I'm a NPA but was a Rep for 20+ yrs or so. Like the option of being Independent at this time. That should give this Comm. a little diversity. Married and have 2 School age children. Part-time rancher as well. I have background with both the Chamber and the EDC as a director. Looking to attract new businesses so we can diversify the Tax base some. Just graduated from Leadership Sumter, received a very good orientation of the County for last 9 months. There is opportunity for improvement in the County and it starts with Communicating effectively so we can move on as a county.
So many people are misinformed on processes and opportunities that exist to improve.

This should give you a little insight. Thanks for the opportunity to share a little info about me, pass on the info to your friends if you will.

Respectfully,
Joseph Capporelli
Candidate for Dist 5, Sumter County Commission
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 PM
n/a

Default Everyone Wishes They Knew More About County Commissioner Candidates

Only two of the county commissioners are up for re-election in this election cycle.

The ballot doesn't identify the incumbents, who are Randy Mask and Dick Hoffman. Hoffman is running from District 1 which includes The Villages. Randy Mask is running from District 5, which represents communities within the county south of The Villages including Wildwood, which will soon be on the southwestern border of The Villages.

Both Randy Mask and his opponent Joseph Capporelli in the election live a few miles south of The Villages.

Mike Francis is the only other county commissioner who resides in The Villages, but he is not running for re-election in this cycle.

One of the candidates running for county commissioner makes an excellent point in a post below. He suggests that voters consider the qualifications and experience of the candidates. With the retention of One Sumter, that's an excellent point. It's a good suggestion for voting in any political race.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 AM
n/a

Default Correction for VK

VK,
The race is between myself and Mr Mask(I), we both live outside TV, Mr Hoffman (I) is between Ms. Posse. Mr. Mask lives about 20 miles away. We select commissioners hopefully by qualifications, hopefully not by miles from other individual districts. That's what 1 sumter is suppose to be all about according to what I read. I'm originally from Chicago. I see you too are from Illinois. On the southside of this county, that too can be a disqualifier if location is the only prerequisite. I appreciate your feedback that you share but it is misinformation that hurts our county today. I hope to help with that. I never experienced systemic discrimation as much as I have in this race. Let's focus on qualifications vs who's in who's pocket. As a 'outsider' of TV it's important for me to use resources like this to get dialed into the needs. VK, ready to serve here and I'm competent enough to look at things in a fair and equal manner. That's what I offer you. Great site here, thanks for the opportunity for me to learn.

Respectfully,
J.Capporelli

i
Old 10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
n/a

Default Thanks For The Info

Your points are well taken. I will abbreviate my response to the original post.

Good luck in the election and...

Go Go...

The Villages Florida
Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM
n/a

Default After my heart now!!!!

South side to the core, Sox was and is the team and when I get back I still have the connections that allow me to get the good seats. Rays didn't treat us right but they went far this year. Lived in Brigeport while I was stationed in Chicago, good times at the ball park. Thanks for the motivator.

Thanks,
J.C.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.