Cruz turns down Supreme Court appointment

Old 01-16-2017, 05:20 AM
n/a

Default Cruz turns down Supreme Court appointment

"Ted Cruz and Donald Trump appear to have moved past their contentious campaign, but the Texas senator does not want to become the president-elect's new Supreme Court nominee. After Cruz spoke with Trump a week after Election Day, he and his chief of staff, David Polyansky, met with Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon and rejected the potential nomination, reports Politico, and has been emerging as one of Trump's key allies in the Senate instead."
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 AM
n/a

I guess they'll let ANYONE become a "Justice"
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I guess they'll let ANYONE become a "Justice"

I would not have agreed with you in the past, but since Obama appointed the ones he selected, I have to agree with you. If left wing radicals like those two could be selected and confirmed, then "anyone" can.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
I would not have agreed with you in the past, but since Obama appointed the ones he selected, I have to agree with you. If left wing radicals like those two could be selected and confirmed, then "anyone" can.
The SCOTUS is as political and corrupt as ALL of the other corrupt branches of government.

It's the wolves voting for who protects the lambs.

The president picks and the house confirms...no chance for corruption there. Bought and paid for people appointing other bought and paid for people...that's our government in a nutshell.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Ted Cruz and Donald Trump appear to have moved past their contentious campaign, but the Texas senator does not want to become the president-elect's new Supreme Court nominee. After Cruz spoke with Trump a week after Election Day, he and his chief of staff, David Polyansky, met with Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon and rejected the potential nomination, reports Politico, and has been emerging as one of Trump's key allies in the Senate instead."

Nominate away. Since it take 60 votes by the senate, don't expect any nominee to be confirmed until the GOP picks up eight more seats, 2018 at the earliest. As Sen Chuck Schumer says "when pigs fly".
Old 01-16-2017, 02:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Nominate away. Since it take 60 votes by the senate, don't expect any nominee to be confirmed until the GOP picks up eight more seats, 2018 at the earliest. As Sen Chuck Schumer says "when pigs fly".
Taking a cue from Harry Reid, McConnell will simply expand the nuclear option to include Supreme Court nominations.

Alternatively, a bipartisan group of Senators could form another "Gang of 14" to ensure qualified nominees are confirmed and
will also prevent the expansion of the nuclear option.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Come back and remind me after the confirmation voting, OK? I am interested to see if you might get one thing correct on here. Seriously, if you are right, then I will admit that I was wrong, but I already know one Democrat that has said he will vote with the Republicans as a show of unity. I would like to see Schumer with egg on his face at the very beginning of his reign as Harry's replacement. Never did care for the guy.

Tags
supreme, court, appointment, turns, cruz

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.