curious: Does your friendship change

Old 10-23-2016, 12:07 PM
n/a

Default curious: Does your friendship change

When friends plan to vote for opposite party nominee?
Old 10-23-2016, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
No. Not at all. Some people you just cannot get to see the light especially if they are family members or close friends.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:55 AM
n/a

Sometimes there just ain't no cure for stupid. You just have to pity them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stupid.jpg (234.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:15 AM
n/a

If it does, then you were never truly friends. Best advice this election cycle---only discuss politics with like minded individuals. If you want to argue and get abused, log onto the political forum
Old 10-24-2016, 06:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
If it does, then you were never truly friends. Best advice this election cycle---only discuss politics with like minded individuals. If you want to argue and get abused, log onto the political forum
That is prudent advice. I have former union school teachers living on either side of me, so I do not discuss politics with either of them. Both are Dems, even if neither like Hillary. They seem to be still planning to vote for her though. I didn't ask. I figure we still have a few more years of decent living in The Villages before the large migration from the North of lemming liberals ruin our semi-Utopia. It's interesting how Yankees move South because they like the lower cost of living, the lower crime rates and the decent and moral people.....and then attempt to change it.

I read an article in Reader's Digest years ago about how women will marry a man that excites her, and then spend the next 30 years changing him. Once she succeeds, she no longer respects him so she walks out on him because he is not the man she married. Analogy of the liberal cancer.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
It all depends.

If they were intolerant, bigoted, racists, misogynists, homophobes or spouted false conspiracy dribble that they read on the mass right-wing e-mails they receive or only watch Faux News for their information...they aren't/weren't my friends to begin with.

What's trickier, is when they are related...and those kinds of things show up on their Facebook pages.

In those cases, I just un-follow them.

There are a lot of folks that I otherwise like and enjoy, of whom I have an idea (but whom don't spout it) that they are one or more of the above and in which...I just refuse & avoid all political discussions.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It all depends.

If they were intolerant, bigoted, racists, misogynists, homophones or spouted false conspiracy dribble that they read on the mass right-wing e-mails they receive or only watch Faux News for their information...they aren't/weren't my friends to begin with.

What's trickier, is when they are related...and those kinds of things show up on their Facebook pages.

In those cases, I just un-follow them.

There are a lot of folks that I otherwise like and enjoy, of whom I have an idea (but whom don't spout it) that they are one or more of the above and in which...I just refuse & avoid all political discussions.
Perfect example of the kettle calling the pot black.

I have plenty of liberal friends and do not hold it against them that they are naive. I do not use nasty adjectives to describe them, because they are my friends and I accept them. Obviously, you do not feel the same. I guess being liberal in your case does not mean being inclusive.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Perfect example of the kettle calling the pot black.

I have plenty of liberal friends and do not hold it against them that they are naive. I do not use nasty adjectives to describe them, because they are my friends and I accept them. Obviously, you do not feel the same. I guess being liberal in your case does not mean being inclusive.
Anyone who has read your prolific posting here in the PF, know that you are lying.

You use plenty of "nasty adjectives" to describe those left of you.

Besides, I don't believe being intolerant, a bigot, a racist, a misogynist or a homophobe...are even nasty adjectives.

They simply are what they are.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Anyone who has read your prolific posting here in the PF, know that you are lying.

You use plenty of "nasty adjectives" to describe those left of you.

Besides, I don't believe being intolerant, a bigot, a racist, a misogynist or a homophobe...are even nasty adjectives.

They simply are what they are.
Reading comprehension, perhaps? Did you not understand my post, or did you just skim over it seeing the poster's ID and decided to spout off? I said "friends" in case you missed it. In your case, you are neither friend nor foe, and free game.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:22 AM
n/a

Many of my friends are "Trumpists". As misguided as they are , I still love them
Old 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Many of my friends are "Trumpists". As misguided as they are , I still love them
I never played a trumpet so I guess I am not a "trumpist." I bet there are plenty of liberals that have played the flute though... My bad.

I am a conservative and plan to vote for Trump tomorrow and I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Thank goodness that the liberal vote in the Villages will no effect on Hillary getting elected. If Hillary pulls off a win, it will not be due to votes from the Villages.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:34 PM
n/a

Default friend, foes or family...

Your relationship changes a bit, you wonder how they arrived at the conclusion that their candidate was a good choice.. Have they not been listening, have they lost their mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I never played a trumpet so I guess I am not a "trumpist." I bet there are plenty of liberals that have played the flute though... My bad.

I am a conservative and plan to vote for Trump tomorrow and I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Thank goodness that the liberal vote in the Villages will no effect on Hillary getting elected. If Hillary pulls off a win, it will not be due to votes from the Villages.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:54 AM
n/a

Absolutely not, unless they attack me personally for my political beliefs, and then absolutely so.

Don't call me stupid, naive, gullible or suggest that I am less patriotic, un-American, or wicked. Just give me facts and reasons why you think I am wrong in an honest attempt to convince me that you are right.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:30 AM
n/a

Lightbulb

Quote:
I have friends who are politically opposite of me. There is an understanding between us, no discussion of politics or religion.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
I have friends who are politically opposite of me. There is an understanding between us, no discussion of politics or religion.
Because you're BOTH wrong. Funny...politics and religion...the two most important parts of many people lives...and we "can't" talk about it. Because THEY don't want people thinking too hard about them. We'd find out about all the bullsh!t they're pulling on us.

The other verboten subject is equality. We're not, so we can't discuss it.

The BIG lies are forbidden from being questioned.

Tags
plan, vote, change, friendship, curious

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.