Death penalty.

View Poll Results: Are you for or against the death penalty?
For 25 73.53%
Against 8 23.53%
Undecided 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
n/a

Default Re: Death penalty.

AGAINST! Only because innocent people are serving time for crimes they did NOT commit so it's possible for people to be put to death for a crime they did NOT commit. However, I do believe in justice and if there was a way to prove one's guilt using tangible, undisputed, proven beyond a shadow of a doubt means then I would support the death penalty. Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that in all cases.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 PM
n/a

I am continually amused by the non involved who seem to be more sympathetic with the fate and feelings of the condemned murderer than they are for the victims and their families.

The bleeding heart, permissive pacifist approach to convicted murderers, rapists and felons is proved wrong time and again by those let go for what ever reason only to repeat the crime. No fear....they know they can count on the so called letter of the law and the bleeding hearts.

The states all have a major cost improvement available by just pulling the trigger on the free loading murderers in death row for years and years and years till they become old murderers so many feel sorry for.

Sorry but for me the victims are the priority. Let's take all the emotion out of it and be very impartial....when found guilty they should be terminated in the same manner as the victim. That is a bit harsh and uncivilized....just hang 'em....seemed to be an acceptable method for an awful lot of years.

And please don't badger me with the insignificant statistic of an innocent person wrongfully convicted. I am a firm believer of the good of the many IS NOT sacrificed for the good of the one.

That is my $3.95 (adjusted for the cost of the wasted time on death row).

BTK
Old 01-09-2008, 03:22 AM
n/a

Do away with the electric chair. Invent electric bleachers.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 AM
n/a

Personally I do not care if you fry them or shoot them or let them rot. When the person they killed in what ever degraded manner returns from the grave then they can be let out of prison.

I would like to see the killers subjected to the same kind of punishment that they subjected their victems to. For example, Couley should be handcuffed and stuffed in a plastic bad and buried alive after he is been treated to a good-bye party by Tiny and Bubba.

If you don't believe in the death penalty then all convicted criminals should be put into the general population and let the population sort them out.

Or we could alway make them part of Bush's army and let them go after Al Qaeda and then we could bring our men and women back home!! Win-Win!

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Do away with the electric chair. Invent electric bleachers.
More for your cord?

What do people think about public executions? Televised public executions? I do not know how well these worked in the past as a deterrent. They did not seem to work all that well on the likes of Billy the Kid, Jesse James, John Wesley Hardin, etc.

The Bible certainly has a great deal of public executions-- they are in the Old and New Testament as well. But Christianity developed despite the various public executions of some of its early leaders.

I just do not see threats of death working all that well with monsters like Ted Bundy, Richard Allen Davis, John Evander Couey, etc.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM
n/a

When someone like John Wayne Casey who raped and killed 36 young men or the Green River killer who admitted to raping and killing 48 women and they think there were even more I think we should do what the Arabs do give them a hundred lashes then execute
them DRAWN AND QUARTER WOULD DO

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.