Did anyone read this in any media reports..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
n/a

Default Did anyone read this in any media reports..

"Most Americans realize that today marks the one-year anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death at the hands of courageous Navy SEALs. Yet many of the same citizens, conditioned by a national media that pays scant attention to the military's daily sacrifices, probably don't realize that 2012's bloodiest month of fighting in Afghanistan has just concluded."

The Unknown Soldiers: More Than One Day

I would be curious if you could supply a link to where you may have read this piece of information

"During the year Osama bin Laden was killed, the war in Afghanistan made up just two percent of American news media coverage, according to the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism. If you add in coverage of bin Laden's death in Pakistan, the number is four percent. Based on the media's behavior so far this year, I would not be surprised if the death of Whitney Houston wound up generating just as much news coverage as the Afghanistan conflict in 2012."
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM
n/a

Today also marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of the "special investigators" that The Donald sent to hawaii to get to the bottom of the birth certificate issue.

They have not been heard from since.

Nothing in the news about their familes missing them, or nothing. Can't even find out their names.

It's a mystery - ranks right up there with the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Today also marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of the "special investigators" that The Donald sent to hawaii to get to the bottom of the birth certificate issue.

Nothing in the news about their familes missing them, or nothing. Can't even find out their names.

Thank you for your sensitivity !!!

The thread concerns the media !!!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Thank you for your sensitivity !!!

The thread concerns the media !!!!!!
Bucco: I stopped, and would also recommend, that you not acknowledge these type of posts. There appears to be two or three of members on the political forum whom based on the repeated single minded and childish tenor of their responses are getting their educational information from comic books.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Bucco: I stopped, and would also recommend, that you not acknowledge these type of posts. There appears to be two or three of members on the political forum whom based on the repeated single minded and childish tenor of their responses are getting their educational information from comic books.
You know, your advice is great and I agree. It is so difficult for me to read some things that are said (untruths, slander, etc) and have them get support and then.....AND this is where I HAVE the problem....them smiling and thinking they made some kind of point with total fabrications, hate speak, whatever.

I DO KNOW you are correct, but I started this thread because I think the media does a lousy job and young men are dying and the media lies by omission.

THANK YOU.....It also makes me feel better to know that you and I suppose others realize how these few simply demean and make this board a playground. Sad thing is that these same few are not able to really discuss anything....so you are correct....

THanks will take your advice !!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Thanks for those two links.....have a number of that type.

Did I miss something...I did not see any mention of APRIL 2012 being the bloodiest ?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Thanks for those two links.....have a number of that type.

Did I miss something...I did not see any mention of APRIL 2012 being the bloodiest ?
That seems to be for just 2012. There have been several very bloody months for US troops in Afghanistan in various years.

August 2011 looks like the worst with 66 deaths. Afghanistan death toll for US at highest level since war began 10 years ago | World news | The Guardian
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That seems to be for just 2012. There have been several very bloody months for US troops in Afghanistan in various years.

August 2011 looks like the worst with 66 deaths. Afghanistan death toll for US at highest level since war began 10 years ago | World news | The Guardian
Maybe I was not clear enough in making the print size larger, putting it into bold print and underlining it.....but it said pretty clearly that it was the bloodiest month of the year. If what I did confused you, I am sorrry...as sorry as I am now that I even started it. How much clearer should I make it...what did I do to confuse you ?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
n/a

No one in this country with the acception of the military families and us old vets give a damn about any one in the military. The Vietnam vets, of which I am one, don't want to happen to the Afgan and Iraq vets what happened to us. We want the media to acknowledge what these young men and women are doing. It about time that the general population start putting something toward the war effort. That might generate some interest, but I doubt it and American Idol gets more coverage then those that fight for freedom. What a shame.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM
n/a

Default Your there

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post

Your right up there with the "facts" as you always are in your posts. Your posts are always so relevant to the issue.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.