Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

Old 01-06-2018, 01:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I understand what you are saying. I am really not trying to defend Trump who I agree has his flaws to say the least. My point was merely if you want to get at the truth this is the most despicable way in my book (no pun intended). I just hate wasting my time reading a book and basing my assumption about someone, only to find out later most of it was lies. Talk about messing with your head. I don't do as much reading as I would like these days so am even more selective about what I'll read and will often research the authors first. It's just a shame that people will read and fill their heads with other's observations and opinions just because it might suit their own agenda. That's probably the biggest reason why we have so much division today, most people don't want to think for themselves.
Also, have you read what his other co authors and biographers have said about him ?

Pretty much the same as in this book, but not with the obvious dangerous consequences.

You act as if this is new and just came to light...THIS IS HIS LIFE..IN TOTAL, but now in the White House.

I am actually shocked at those who find any of this a surprise.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not being a wise guy, Abby, but is it not much much more frustrating AND DANGEROUS to be lied to by the President of the United States ?

I cannot understand how you can even venture into any name calling when you accept WITH NO QUESTION, the felonious accusations, AS PRESIDENT... the personal lies, AS PRESIDENT..the policy lies, AS PRESIDENT.

It boggles my mind why the entire nation is not calling for him to be gone, why the GOP publicly will support, etc.

This is a dangerous slope we are on.

But, as I said...that is the beauty of the free press, which you oppose, and there will be more books.

Wish there was a way to measure how much of the loyalty that you and others give this terrible person is based more on sheer hate for others (blacks, democrats, Clinton's, OBama) than adoring this person.

If I am correct that much of it is based on hate, comes a day that you should step up for your country. Trump never has, in his life.
I'm sure we've gone around in circles about this before, and we've probably never even ended up agreeing to disagree, but we have at least always been civil to each other which is a step up from most on here, right?

All I can say is, if I can see even an ounce of goodness in a person that can go a long way for me. I find I can do that with almost anyone. There are few people, if any, that I can actually say I loathe. As much bad stuff that I've heard about Trump, I've also heard good, and the difference between the 2 is the good I've heard often comes directly from the horse's mouth. What I mean by that is people who have spoken up to tell how Trump the man, not the President, has helped them and often times it is in their darkest moments. Why don't we hear more about these incidences? Well, you certainly won't hear it from the MSM and it appears that it is one thing that Trump doesn't brag about. I find that intriguing and maybe even telling about a certain aspect of his character that I like.

I don't know how else to explain to you why I can not get on the bandwagon to hate Trump, so I guess this will have to do. As far as the things he has done and is trying to do for the country, I'm just not all that unhappy about them.

One other thing I can say is that having been extremely unhappy with politics in general and the goings on in Washington for quite some time now (both Repub and Dem), I am pleased to see someone unafraid to upset the apple cart so to speak. It may not be exactly the way I would have liked it to go down, but it is being done. Honestly, I do think it had to be someone this brash and bold to do it. It has certainly aligned a lot of Democrats and Republicans in my family, but maybe it's because none of us are that extreme in our ways and beliefs, well maybe except 1 or 2.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm sure we've gone around in circles about this before, and we've probably never even ended up agreeing to disagree, but we have at least always been civil to each other which is a step up from most on here, right?

All I can say is, if I can see even an ounce of goodness in a person that can go a long way for me. I find I can do that with almost anyone. There are few people, if any, that I can actually say I loathe. As much bad stuff that I've heard about Trump, I've also heard good, and the difference between the 2 is the good I've heard often comes directly from the horse's mouth. What I mean by that is people who have spoken up to tell how Trump the man, not the President, has helped them and often times it is in their darkest moments. Why don't we hear more about these incidences? Well, you certainly won't hear it from the MSM and it appears that it is one thing that Trump doesn't brag about. I find that intriguing and maybe even telling about a certain aspect of his character that I like.

I don't know how else to explain to you why I can not get on the bandwagon to hate Trump, so I guess this will have to do. As far as the things he has done and is trying to do for the country, I'm just not all that unhappy about them.

One other thing I can say is that having been extremely unhappy with politics in general and the goings on in Washington for quite some time now (both Repub and Dem), I am pleased to see someone unafraid to upset the apple cart so to speak. It may not be exactly the way I would have liked it to go down, but it is being done. Honestly, I do think it had to be someone this brash and bold to do it. It has certainly aligned a lot of Democrats and Republicans in my family, but maybe it's because none of us are that extreme in our ways and beliefs, well maybe except 1 or 2.
Not in any order, and without much discussion because yes, you are civil....

First, please google this "Hitler goodness" and you will find multiple pages of folks attesting to his goodness in person.

Second, I ask you for one example of the MSM ever lying about anything, and if a mistake it corrected and steps taken. The consequences for journalists who lie in REPORTING NEWS is severe. The MSM does NOT lie in the news. They report what our President says and does with 100% of accuracy. Having a fragile while massive ego and thus unable to handle ANYONE who disagrees is a quality not wanted ina leader if a nation.

By the way, your statement about "not hearing anything good" is 100% false, and even historically this is how it is. Why should Trump get any more favorable news about his personal life, which should be taboo. I, again, ask to you to do just a bit of reading from folks who know him, and owe him nothing.

Last thing...I hope I am wrong but I said it on here a year ago. His self serving words and behavior, along with phoney and felonious accusations could foretell the downfall of the GOP. With all his accusations and attacks on our country's hard working justice dept employees, and his attempt to tarnish them oersonally and professionally, he has done such serious damage to our country. Keep in mind...all those folks he has said are in the "other universe" working for the Obama's and Clinton's to harm him......TALLY UP EVERY SINGLE PENNY THEY MAY HAVE DONATED TO DEMOCRATS...ADD THAT ALL TOGETHER...

IT DOES NOT GET CLOSE TO WHAT TRUMP HIMSELF HAS FIVEN JUST TO TGE CLINTONS AND THE DEMOCRATS.

Then Google "Trump ethics" and read about how he is personally making money..personally.

Nuff said...except, you are not alone in being disappointed in politics, but that is not an excuse to allow our government be used as a punching bag for ONE SINGLE MAN, who in his entire life has done NOTHING for our country.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not being a wise guy, Abby, but is it not much much more frustrating AND DANGEROUS to be lied to by the President of the United States ?

I cannot understand how you can even venture into any name calling when you accept WITH NO QUESTION, the felonious accusations, AS PRESIDENT... the personal lies, AS PRESIDENT..the policy lies, AS PRESIDENT.

It boggles my mind why the entire nation is not calling for him to be gone, why the GOP publicly will support, etc.

This is a dangerous slope we are on.

But, as I said...that is the beauty of the free press, which you oppose, and there will be more books.

Wish there was a way to measure how much of the loyalty that you and others give this terrible person is based more on sheer hate for others (blacks, democrats, Clinton's, OBama) than adoring this person.

If I am correct that much of it is based on hate, comes a day that you should step up for your country. Trump never has, in his life.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

First, please google this "Hitler goodness" and you will find multiple pages of folks attesting to his goodness in person.

Second, I ask you for one example of the MSM ever lying about anything, and if a mistake it corrected and steps taken. The consequences for journalists who lie in REPORTING NEWS is severe. The MSM does NOT lie in the news. They report what our President says and does with 100% of accuracy. Having a fragile while massive ego and thus unable to handle ANYONE who disagrees is a quality not wanted ina leader if a nation.

By the way, your statement about "not hearing anything good" is 100% false, and even historically this is how it is. Why should Trump get any more favorable news about his personal life, which should be taboo. I, again, ask to you to do just a bit of reading from folks who know him, and owe him nothing.

Last thing...I hope I am wrong but I said it on here a year ago. His self serving words and behavior, along with phoney and felonious accusations could foretell the downfall of the GOP. With all his accusations and attacks on our country's hard working justice dept employees, and his attempt to tarnish them oersonally and professionally, he has done such serious damage to our country. Keep in mind...all those folks he has said are in the "other universe" working for the Obama's and Clinton's to harm him......TALLY UP EVERY SINGLE PENNY THEY MAY HAVE DONATED TO DEMOCRATS...ADD THAT ALL TOGETHER...

IT DOES NOT GET CLOSE TO WHAT TRUMP HIMSELF HAS FIVEN JUST TO TGE CLINTONS AND THE DEMOCRATS.

Then Google "Trump ethics" and read about how he is personally making money..personally.

Nuff said...except, you are not alone in being disappointed in politics, but that is not an excuse to allow our government be used as a punching bag for ONE SINGLE MAN, who in his entire life has done NOTHING for our country.
I could not have said it better. He is an embarrassment to this nation and now the world knows!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2018, 04:13 PM
n/a

Quote:

Due to the fact that my time at the moment is short, I will briefly address just the 2 things above in bold and look into the others you suggested.

About the MSM - one can call them lies, one can call them omissions, one can call it biased reporting, but the news today looks nothing like the news I grew up with and I'm probably a good bit younger than some of you. There are indeed a few news programs that stick strictly to reporting, but very few. There have been outright lies told (one recently escapes me and it shouldn't because it was serious and the guy should have been fired) and yes, they may be retracted but not outwardly and openly. The news story in error often appears as front page news and the retraction appears some days later in an obscure place in the newspaper - same thing with televised news.

There is no doubt that Trump has been given a raw deal by the press since the get go. The amount of unfavorable press vs favorable has been astounding and that is no secret. There have been few if any Presidents who have been treated and talked about as disrespectfully by the press. So amidst the worst of circumstances, he continues to plow through. That's how I see it.

Because you do not want to see any good in this man at all, it seems you seek out all the dirt. In some respects when you think about it, it's kind of like the newscasters whose distaste and bias are so evident in their reporting. It seems they do the same thing, rarely if ever reporting anything good Trump has done. Since you have recommended I research a few things, I suggest that you take the time to simply google Tara Conner and Lynne Patton, 2 people who obviously think Trump has a heart.

I'm just going to say once again, my tendency is to look for the good, even in people I don't particularly like. Maybe it's something I've learned to do in my occupation having to deal with the general public day in and day out. It makes life a lot more tolerable and in the end I'm often surprised by what I find out about people in the process, including myself.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Due to the fact that my time at the moment is short, I will briefly address just the 2 things above in bold and look into the others you suggested.

About the MSM - one can call them lies, one can call them omissions, one can call it biased reporting, but the news today looks nothing like the news I grew up with and I'm probably a good bit younger than some of you. There are indeed a few news programs that stick strictly to reporting, but very few. There have been outright lies told (one recently escapes me and it shouldn't because it was serious and the guy should have been fired) and yes, they may be retracted but not outwardly and openly. The news story in error often appears as front page news and the retraction appears some days later in an obscure place in the newspaper - same thing with televised news.

There is no doubt that Trump has been given a raw deal by the press since the get go. The amount of unfavorable press vs favorable has been astounding and that is no secret. There have been few if any Presidents who have been treated and talked about as disrespectfully by the press. So amidst the worst of circumstances, he continues to plow through. That's how I see it.

Because you do not want to see any good in this man at all, it seems you seek out all the dirt. In some respects when you think about it, it's kind of like the newscasters whose distaste and bias are so evident in their reporting. It seems they do the same thing, rarely if ever reporting anything good Trump has done. Since you have recommended I research a few things, I suggest that you take the time to simply google Tara Conner and Lynne Patton, 2 people who obviously think Trump has a heart.

I'm just going to say once again, my tendency is to look for the good, even in people I don't particularly like. Maybe it's something I've learned to do in my occupation having to deal with the general public day in and day out. It makes life a lot more tolerable and in the end I'm often surprised by what I find out about people in the process, including myself.
Will be short...

How can the MSM be held responsible for reporting what he says or does, mostly ON TAPE, and then be accused of negative reporting ? If the NEWS about him is negative, has he no responsibility for that ?

I see no good in this man, because for example in this forum, defending Trump is not about positive things about him, BUT INSTEAD a feverish attack on someone else that he has deemed to be up for attack. Mostly, Clinton, OBama, and recently the United States FBI and all intelligence agencies of the country.

How is that offering a defense of anyone ? Nobody says he doesn't lie...they just blame the media. They ignore his constant false accusTions, or attacks on his own country.

You say he is getting a "raw deal" from the media. But cannot support what they say that is not true. Are they not to report his firing of 3 people who were all investigating him ? Are they not to report his worldwide accusation of being wire tapped by OBama ? Are they to ignore him, as President, claiming the Russian investigation is, in his words, a hoax ? Should they be silent as he attacks his own intelligence agency, while at the same time quoting flip comments from Fox and Friends as fact ? Should his malicious and untrue comments about illegal voting go un reported ? I can go on, but you will simply say he is getting a raw deal.

We have come a long way from OBama being ostracized for bowing (in custom) to another world leader to this ?

Abby, I said on this forum after the election....if this man acts morally and honest, I will support him. He has failed MISERABLY on both counts.

Makes no sense at all.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:45 PM
n/a

One more thing Abby, and to me perhaps the most important.

It is one thing to have a President be unconventional.

Do the American citizens deserve to know if they are being lied to by the President ?

You suggest all those lies, in the thousands, not be reported.

How do YOU know when he is telling you the truth ?
Old 01-06-2018, 05:19 PM
n/a

Perhaps you should talk to the hundreds of employees who were encouraged to invest their 401k in his business, and lost everything. Trump made out big with 6 bankruptcy , 41 million in 10 years. He had no remorse and made no attempt to help these low paid workers.

Then there was the course at Trump University on How to make a lot of money on disabled home owners.

Could you post a link to what he has done, after campaign promise, in your state of Pa. Did he bring back steel or coal jobs?

I must say I enjoy your civil posts, thank you.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Perhaps you should talk to the hundreds of employees who were encouraged to invest their 401k in his business, and lost everything. Trump made out big with 6 bankruptcy , 41 million in 10 years. He had no remorse and made no attempt to help these low paid workers.

Then there was the course at Trump University on How to make a lot of money on disabled home owners.

Could you post a link to what he has done, after campaign promise, in your state of Pa. Did he bring back steel or coal jobs?

I must say I enjoy your civil posts, thank you.
Yes..kudos to Abby for responding like an adult.

Note to Abby...before you respond to the query, insure you double and triple check...you cannot believe what the WH says (see recent air safety and pollution clean up, oh, and most of the regulations he says he got rid of were gone before he did anything)

The bankruptcy in Jersey is close to home for Abby, and that should be able to research. Just google "trump mob jersey money laundering" details
Old 01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
One more thing Abby, and to me perhaps the most important.

It is one thing to have a President be unconventional.

Do the American citizens deserve to know if they are being lied to by the President ?

You suggest all those lies, in the thousands, not be reported.

How do YOU know when he is telling you the truth ?
I keep hearing his rabid supporters say that even though they know he constantly lies, has an easily bruised ego ("I'm really a very stable genius?" ) and has consistently shown his misogyny/bigotry/xenophobia...they still like him because "he's not a politician and shakes things up."

My questions to them are;

1. Do you really think anarchy/chaos in our political system is a good thing?

2. Do you really believe it's no big deal, if a foreign power and our POTUS' own mental state...are the reasons for the sowing of these seeds of anarchy and chaos?

I have asked a number of avid Trump fans personally, "what would Trump have to do, for him to lose your support?"

ALMOST TO A PERSON they have said..."NOTHING, I will always support him."

Let that sink in for a moment.

I can't even fathom any patriotic person who loves their country...being able to EVER say that about ANYONE.

For you Abby10 - What would Trump have to do, or shown to have done, for him to lose your support and for you to advocate that he be removed from office?
Old 01-06-2018, 06:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
I keep hearing his rabid supporters say that even though they know he constantly lies, has an easily bruised ego ("I'm really a very stable genius?" ) and has consistently shown his misogyny/bigotry/xenophobia...they still like him because "he's not a politician and shakes things up."

My questions to them are;

1. Do you really think anarchy/chaos in our political system is a good thing?

2. Do you really believe it's no big deal, if a foreign power and our POTUS' own mental state...are the reasons for the sowing of these seeds of anarchy and chaos?

I have asked a number of avid Trump fans personally, "what would Trump have to do, for him to lose your support?"

ALMOST TO A PERSON they have said..."NOTHING, I will always support him."

Let that sink in for a moment.

I can't even fathom any patriotic person who loves their country...being able to EVER say that about ANYONE.

For you Abby10 - What would Trump have to do, or shown to have done, for him to lose your support and for you to advocate that he be removed from office?
Good post and right on.

I have a very good friend in Pennsylvania who held office and hears a lot.

His take on what you are saying.....
-------------------------------------

Trump has given voice to a bunch of folks who hate blacks, liberals, and anything that might threaten the white establishment. As much as they say they want to shake up the establishment, they mean make it white and insure its supremacy.
The 8 years of OBama was a threat, not because of policy, but the color of his skin.
--------------------------------------

No quotes, just a summary of what he told me just last week when discussing some of the dangerous lies Trump is telling.

-----------------------

Anyway, the thoughts of those who will,support someone who flat out can't tell the truth, and are living and breathing examples of those who do not care if he shoots someone on 5th Ave.

The attack on the media just seems to be shooting at the guys in the way.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good post and right on.

Trump has given voice to a bunch of folks who hate blacks, liberals, and anything that might threaten the white establishment. As much as they say they want to shake up the establishment, they mean make it white and insure its supremacy.
The 8 years of OBama was a threat, not because of policy, but the color of his skin.

No quotes, just a summary of what he told me just last week when discussing some of the dangerous lies Trump is telling.

-----------------------

Anyway, the thoughts of those who will,support someone who flat out can't tell the truth, and are living and breathing examples of those who do not care if he shoots someone on 5th Ave.

Exactly!

While I'm not saying that every single one of Trump's supporters fit the 'pent-up hatred of anything not white or Christian,'....I firmly believe that a vast majority of his diehard supporters DO fit that category.

And the political forum is but a microcosm...of that obvious truth.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good post and right on.

-----------------------

He's a lying politician...

America IS dying...and it's BECAUSE it has gone from 90% white to 49% white.

There are NO successful negro majority/run countries...not ONE. There are NO successful Hispanic majority/run countries...not ONE.

The top countries are white countries.

Because that's what we do...we civilize the world.

What did they do?
Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
Good post and right on.

I have a very good friend in Pennsylvania who held office...
Of course you like that post, it was a negative opinion of Trump...that is all you need to like a post...negative OPINION.

If your friend asked "who did you vote for and what did they promise to do for this country to earn your vote?" Would you lie to him?

Reason I ask; you lie to people that aren't your freinds...like the one where you stated this forum was being discussed on other forums!

Liar! Liar!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tags
president, trump, didn’t, donald

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.