Nice Story about raising a Transgender.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:52 AM
n/a

Default Nice Story about raising a Transgender.

Jon Ralston: 'One Thing That Hasn't Changed Is My Love For My Kid' | KUNR

Maybe this is all just brain chemistry but you still have to love your kid.

Some good related stories here as well from where I lived from 1970-1983.

Treating these people kindly and with empathy also prevents violence against them which seems to follow with Christ's Sermon on the Mount at least the central idea of it of treating people like you would like to be treated.

And there are fewer survivors/victims of crimes when people accept transgenders. The bathroom issue looks complicated however especially with regard to some communities where violence against gays/lesbians and others who are considered "others" has a long history.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:29 AM
n/a

Parents of gender confused children should be charged with child abuse/neglect. They should provide counseling and mental health treatment for their children that are confused, instead of encouraging them. If they really loved their child, they would have provided assistance to the kid, not "loved" her. Real love is providing adult guidance, not allowing them to raise themselves without proper instruction. Those type of children will eventually hate their parents for being so negligent and uncaring; taking the easy way out of parenting by allowing them to do "their own thing." This child should have been taken away from these parents.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Parents of gender confused children should be charged with child abuse/neglect. They should provide counseling and mental health treatment for their children that are confused, instead of encouraging them. If they really loved their child, they would have provided assistance to the kid, not "loved" her. Real love is providing adult guidance, not allowing them to raise themselves without proper instruction. Those type of children will eventually hate their parents for being so negligent and uncaring; taking the easy way out of parenting by allowing them to do "their own thing." This child should have been taken away from these parents.
Whoa, I feel sorry for your children. I truly hope they turned out ok, free to be who they are.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Whoa, I feel sorry for your children. I truly hope they turned out ok, free to be who they are.
They turned out better than "OK." Why do you feel sorry for "normal?" You seem to be confused. Gay and gender confused is NOT normal. It is one thing to humor or spoil your children and indulge in their fantasies, but it is another thing to neglect to give them adult guidance.

I feel sorry for you.

And yes, they are "free to be who they are." And they don't pretend to be what they can't be. They are mentally stable. I am glad they are good parents and do not coddle their children to the point of ruining their futures.

Like the old saying goes "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it will still be pork." You can put lipstick on a male, but he will still be a male. You can give him a sex change, but he will still be a male, minus the parts. You can grow hair on a female's face (ie, Hillary) but she is still female. The point is, leave make believe and pretend to Hollywood, because science is not fooled by make believe.

Gay is a behavior, a choice. Gender is a scientific fact, not a choice and not a behavior. You are not helping your children by allowing them to live a fantasy. You are supposed to be the adult and have learned wisdom and reasoning that you pass on to your children.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
That is kind of medieval thinking.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:26 AM
n/a

Gender Dysphoria: What It Is and How It's Treated

Doing some research.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
That is kind of medieval thinking.
No, it's correct thinking. What if the child steals a lot, do you "let them be themselves" or do you try to stop their behavior? What if they feel to need to compulsively hit people, do you reinforce it or try to control it? What if they're a compulsive liar? Do you "let them be themselves" or do you try to correct it?

YOU think being gay is OK, that's fine. Allow us a choice too, to see it as an abnormality.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Gay propaganda.

The gays used blackmail against our leaders to gain all they have.

It IS a mental disorder and was only taken out of the DSM for political reasons.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
No, it's correct thinking. What if the child steals a lot, do you "let them be themselves" or do you try to stop their behavior? What if they feel to need to compulsively hit people, do you reinforce it or try to control it? What if they're a compulsive liar? Do you "let them be themselves" or do you try to correct it?

YOU think being gay is OK, that's fine. Allow us a choice too, to see it as an abnormality.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 AM
n/a

Transgender is a mental illness. It is NOT normal. Ignoring this fact is just being irresponsible. Adults should not encourage their children's destructive fantasies, but correct them. Children should have their choices made for them by a responsible adult until they reach maturity. That's why they are not allowed to consume alcohol until a specified age, why they can't drive until a specified age, or vote until a specified age. They generally do not have good, learned judgement when they are young. If parents are too lazy to raise their children properly, then they should have the children removed from their influence/lack of influence. When a child reaches the age deemed by the gov as adult, then they can make their own choices, and the parent is no longer responsible.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Transgender is a mental illness. It is NOT normal. Ignoring this fact is just being irresponsible. Adults should not encourage their children's destructive fantasies, but correct them. Children should have their choices made for them by a responsible adult until they reach maturity. That's why they are not allowed to consume alcohol until a specified age, why they can't drive until a specified age, or vote until a specified age. They generally do not have good, learned judgement when they are young. If parents are too lazy to raise their children properly, then they should have the children removed from their influence/lack of influence. When a child reaches the age deemed by the gov as adult, then they can make their own choices, and the parent is no longer responsible.
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness | LGBTQ

A little dose of facts and information about the consequences of hatred and bigotry.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:08 AM
n/a

The rest of us...the 99.7867542% are quite happy with being normal. And we do object to the can't even find it minority among minorities, with a wrong head set be forced front and center for political and any othe gain they think they are entitled to have.

Let them be happy in their thoughts, deeds and needs and stay the hell out of the rest of our lives.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness | LGBTQ

A little dose of facts and information about the consequences of hatred and bigotry.
Did you infer "hatred" in that comment? Is it "bigotry" to express facts? Apparently, you have a problem with TRUTH, or someone else's opinion that doesn't agree with your own. Perhaps you are the bigot?

I may have a bit of scorn for those parents that allow their children to lord over them. They shouldn't have children. I have no respect for adults that allow children to run amok without guidance or discipline. If that is being a bigot, so be it. If you can infer "hatred" from that, then you are just as loony as those inept parents.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 AM
n/a

From the above article:

"The LGBTQ community is at a higher risk for suicide because we lack peer support and face harassment, mental health conditions and substance abuse. For LGBTQ people aged 10–24, suicide is one of the leading causes of death. LGBTQ youth are 4 times more likely and questioning youth are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide, experience suicidal thoughts or engage in self-harm than straight people. Between 38-65% of transgender individuals experience suicidal ideation."

Limiting the abnormal populace by attrition. Works for me. Sad, but it's not my fault if their parents were so permissive and uncaring.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
From the above article:

"The LGBTQ community is at a higher risk for suicide because we lack peer support and face harassment, mental health conditions and substance abuse. For LGBTQ people aged 10–24, suicide is one of the leading causes of death. LGBTQ youth are 4 times more likely and questioning youth are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide, experience suicidal thoughts or engage in self-harm than straight people. Between 38-65% of transgender individuals experience suicidal ideation."

Limiting the abnormal populace by attrition. Works for me. Sad, but it's not my fault if their parents were so permissive and uncaring.
more people die crossing the street per year than that!!!
An unfortunate byproduct of being not normal.

Tags
people, transgender, raising, story, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.