At the end of the day

Old 07-26-2016, 03:58 PM
n/a

Default At the end of the day

Please help. Can someone please explain to me why some people on television always have to say "at the end of the day" no matter what they are talking about? What does this phrase mean? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:56 PM
n/a

At the end of the day is an idiomatic expression meaning “ultimately”, “in the end”, and it also often has a flavour of “after all”.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Please help. Can someone please explain to me why some people on television always have to say "at the end of the day" no matter what they are talking about? What does this phrase mean? Thanks.
It basically means the same as... "when all is said and done."

CNM
Old 07-26-2016, 05:43 PM
n/a

Thanks, but when some people say it, they are not finished talking. They go on and on and then say it two or three more times. I think it may have become analogous to teenagers who use the word "like" in every sentence.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 PM
n/a

Who cares?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Who cares?
At the end of the day... obviously the OP does.

CNM
Old 07-26-2016, 07:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
When they tire of using " The Bottom Line Is " they use " At the end of the day " to show that they are highly intelligent and have a great command of the English Language .
Old 07-26-2016, 07:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
When they tire of using " The Bottom Line Is " they use " At the end of the day " to show that they are highly intelligent and have a great command of the English Language .
Thank-you for making this " abundantly clear " . I was struggling with this because I was caught up " in the fog of war ".
Old 07-27-2016, 04:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thank-you for making this " abundantly clear " . I was struggling with this because I was caught up " in the fog of war ".
You can tell by last night's DNC, that the left is having that problem also.

Tags
day, end, matter, talking, phrase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.