Don't Tax The Job Creators...Really?

Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
n/a

Default Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
According to the Pulitzer Prize winning Tampa Bay Times PolitiFact, President Obama's promises kept are 35% plus 27% in the works, which comes to 62% which is good considering the do-nothing congress he has to work with. Another 11% were compromises, 12% are stalled and 13% were broken.

The biggest promises were killing Bin Laden, ending the war in Iraq, and passing the health care bill - done, done, and done.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
That record of accomplishment is kind of amazing actually, given the obstruction and consistent resistance practiced by his political opponents.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
OK, OK, these are the facts, but did you have to make it sound so negative? There are some folks here who thought Mr. W Bush was a nice guy who's now getting a bad rap, and suffering by inappropriate comparison to Mr Obama. I'm not sure it's polite to keep reminding them of things they are determined to minimize or ignore. I'm sure you've read their many posts and it's obvious how sensitive they are about this. Now somebody's even asked about numerically comparing Presidents' kept promises. Talk about deliberately hurting peoples' feelings!!
The people that liked George W Bush are going to love President Romney. His plans for the economy are identical to Bush's; more and bigger tax cuts for the millionaires and billionaires (additional $265,000 per year) and less or zero regulations for Wall Street, the exact same policies that got us in this ditch in the first place.

Nearly a dozen Romney advisers have urged the US to consider an attack on Iran. Judging by his advisers, Romney would embrace Bush's unilateral interventionism and massive military budgets.

Mitt Romney's Neocon War Cabinet | The Nation
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
n/a

I suggest rather than getting into one of those debates on here that simply become name calling exercises that those who have a interest in this kind of stuff...visit the site.....go through each of what the Times calls promises kept....and see how impressed you are.

I live in Tampa....I know the Times quite well...I am a subscriber...they have these meters for locals as well. Great gimmick....very subjective is how I will leave it.

One of his accomplishments listed is the extension of the Bush tax cuts....and most are part of the Health care bill...codification of Economic Substance Doctrine which may or may not be good but it gives the US a bit more say in disputed tax returns....been that way for centuries but the Health care bill codifies it.

If it makes you feel good...great.

Just read them.....I certainly never said he did nothing but the Times meter is surely no way to measure anything.

But you read them and be your own judge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.