VA governor allows 200,000 felons to vote!?!?!!!??

Old 04-22-2016, 06:07 PM
n/a

Default VA governor allows 200,000 felons to vote!?!?!!!??

Clinton jumps right in and compliments him for removing obstacles prohiting voters ability to do so.

I didn't know it was an obstacle. I thought it was part of the punishment. You remember? Taking away privledges reserve for the law abiding.

Removing obstacles in front of voters!!!

How many democrats are proud of this move. Or doesn't it matter anymore as long as it benefits the party.

Watering down, dumbing down, de-moralizing, permissiveness rules as long as the party benefits.

The Cigar Exchange Wilmington, NC

Anybody that does not think America is headed in the wrong direction either has their head up their orifice or is a party fanatic.

As stated by their illustrious felony leader.....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:37 PM
n/a

How about a wild guess?
If it involves millions of felons/ex-felons what would be the guess who comprises the most of these?

Hint: these folks make up the highest percent of the prison population!!

And if they were allowed to vote again, how do you think they would vote?

A couple of more hints? Clinton is all for it! (what the hell she is one too)

Eric Holder was a proponent of getting the laws changed.

Seems to be a pattern emerging....all too familiar pattern.

MAP: States Where Felons Can’t Vote | The Lowdown | KQED News
Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 PM
n/a

This directive will allow former republican governor Bob McDonnell to vote again as soon as he completes his sentence and is released from prison. Evidently, posters think he should never vote again and gave up his rights when he was found guilty by a jury of his peers.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This directive will allow former republican governor Bob McDonnell to vote again as soon as he completes his sentence and is released from prison. Evidently, posters think he should never vote again and gave up his rights when he was found guilty by a jury of his peers.
I believe that you would find that Republicans would agree that Bob McDonnell should not be allowed to vote again . He forfeited that right when he became a Felon .

So now please explain to us why convicted Felons should be allowed to vote and help out your Party`s nominees !
Old 04-22-2016, 08:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
How about a wild guess?
If it involves millions of felons/ex-felons what would be the guess who comprises the most of these?

Hint: these folks make up the highest percent of the prison population!!

And if they were allowed to vote again, how do you think they would vote?

A couple of more hints? Clinton is all for it! (what the hell she is one too)

Eric Holder was a proponent of getting the laws changed.

Seems to be a pattern emerging....all too familiar pattern.

MAP: States Where Felons Can’t Vote | The Lowdown | KQED News
You really should look at the states that have the toughest laws against current, and former felons being allowed to vote. 3.4 million of the 6 million come from 10 states. Virginia is one of them. All the rest are Republican strongholds. What the hell if you are going to have strict voter id laws, you might as well have strict laws against former felons being allowed to vote.

40 states allow former felons to vote. When one of the ten tries to join the majority, they are only doing it for political reasons. However, Republicans in Virginia trying to stop their Democrat governor from allowing former felons from voting, they don't have any political motive in doing so. Hell no! The Republicans are way above that.

Is talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time a requirement for all Republicans running for political office?

If a non-violent felon has served his/her sentence, why shouldn't they be allowed to vote?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 PM
n/a

Correction, there are 11 states. Delaware is a little hard to see.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
I believe that you would find that Republicans would agree that Bob McDonnell should not be allowed to vote again . He forfeited that right when he became a Felon .

So now please explain to us why convicted Felons should be allowed to vote and help out your Party`s nominees !
39 states allow convicted felons that have served their time to vote. Flip that coin. Why hasn't Virginia joined the other 39 states that allow convicted felons that have served their time to vote?

Get off your pedicle. The harshest voter id laws are in Republican control states. That doesn't help their nominee. Gerrymandering in states doesn't help people from their party running for Congress. A level playing field is the last thing either party wants.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:36 PM
n/a

What is the asinine reason that someone who has a felony cant vote? I cant wait to hear a valid reason....not going to hold my breath however.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
What is the asinine reason that someone who has a felony cant vote? I cant wait to hear a valid reason....not going to hold my breath however.

Oh, and I firmly beleive that you should have to be a property owner, business owner or make equal or greater than your local median income to vote. Too many people with no skin in the game voting. No issue with felons voting however if they meet the criteria.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 PM
n/a

I can't say I like the reason (getting more Democratic voters) but I do believe that felons who have done their time and successfully completed their parole shouldn't continue to be punished. They've been punished (probation or jail and frequently parole). Why should the punishment continue for the rest of their lives? Let them vote, let them hold government jobs, give them the same rights as any other citizen. They pay taxes just like the rest of us. They did the crime and paid the time.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:08 PM
n/a

In the far majority of States a Felon once released can never again own or poses a gun . So you are for restoring their right to full citizenship including the right to vote and apparently also own and poses firearms ?
Old 04-22-2016, 10:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
You don't have to hold your breath on our account.

All you need to do is google why felons can't vote and get educated.

There was and still is good reason for them not to be allowed......at least until the Dems turned it into a political crap storm in the name of getting more votes.

There is definitely a pattern;
Allowing illegal aliens in by the millions to get more voters.
Allowing felons to vote.
Eliminating voter id.
Doesn't take an Einstein to figure out the agenda.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:51 AM
n/a

This bit of news is not a surprise given Terry Mc Auliffe , Governor of Virginia history. He was chair for Bill Clinton's reelection campaign, chair for the DNC for five years and Chair for Hillary's 2008 campaign. As stories abound about the Clinton illicit political machine you can add Mc Auliffe as one of their co-conspirators. So given the allegation of illegal activity of the aforementioned it not a surprise they are for allowing felons to vote.

Vote fraud despite what progressive say abounds now. It can be stopped or at least drastically reduced but politics stand in the way. Felons coming in a variety of ways and one must differentiate a career criminal to one who committed a crime of passion, etc the latter likely to never offend again
Perhaps the government should employ some of these felons to help them sort out the ways law abiding citizens rig the voting system to favor their candidate?

Personal Best Regards
Old 04-23-2016, 06:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
In the far majority of States a Felon once released can never again own or poses a gun . So you are for restoring their right to full citizenship including the right to vote and apparently also own and poses firearms ?
If they were convicted of a non-violent, non-drug related crime, I would say yes to their being allowed to own a weapon for protection. There has to be some common sense in returning full rights to felons but to totally disenfranchise them the way many states do is one of the reasons recidivism is so high in this country. People make mistakes. Young people do foolish things. People change as they mature. So, if they successfully complete their sentence, yes, let them vote, let them find real jobs if they have the skills and, depending on the conviction, let them carry a weapon if they have the need. As I said previously, they did their time.

Red
Old 04-23-2016, 06:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
I can't say I like the reason (getting more Democratic voters) but I do believe that felons who have done their time and successfully completed their parole shouldn't continue to be punished. They've been punished (probation or jail and frequently parole). Why should the punishment continue for the rest of their lives? Let them vote, let them hold government jobs, give them the same rights as any other citizen. They pay taxes just like the rest of us. They did the crime and paid the time.

Exactly. What is funny - many are not liberals at all....not even close (even if they were before they got "in the system")

Tags
party, removing, obstacles, censored, long, benefits, anymore, matter, rules, dumbing, de-moralizing, permissiveness, watering, wrong, stated, fanatic, illustrious, leader, felony, orifice, difference, headed, america, direction, head

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.