Explain this to me please...

Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
We recently had such an uproar because somebody was going to spend money showing Obama's relationship with Rev Wright. It was called unfair, racist and a lot of hateful names.

This from the Washington Post...

"Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history"

Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history - The Washington Post

This is a discussion of an event, not from high school, but from 150 years ago and is aimed specifically to generate discussion of the Mormon religion.

Not saying there is anything hateful in this column, but how is it deemed appropriate to discuss Romney's religion and background and not Obama's ??

PLUS...

"NYT Reporter Goes To Romney's Church, Seeks Dirt From Worshipers"

"New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor appeared on MSNBC this morning to discuss an investigative report she did on Mitt Romney's Mormon church, his values and what his fellow worshipers say about him. "

NYT Reporter Goes To Romney's Church, Seeks Dirt From Worshipers | RealClearPolitics

I cannot see the difference !!!!!!
Writing about Mitt Romney's faith must sell newspapers. Most people don't know much about Mormans and obviously need to know much more. I, for one, am reading everything I can put my hands on.

Any information on Mitt and Ann Romney is fair game. They put themselves out there on the big stage.

BTW, in 2008 The New York Times published 243 articles on the Rev Jermiah Wright.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Writing about Mitt Romney's faith must sell newspapers. Most people don't know much about Mormans and obviously need to know much more. I, for one, am reading everything I can put my hands on.

Any information on Mitt and Ann Romney is fair game. They put themselves out there on the big stage.

BTW, in 2008 The New York Times published 243 articles on the Rev Jermiah Wright.
So you do not join the outcry on Wright ? Funny, most decried it and said McCain was a prince for not using it....hmmm, and guess what I recall all those pages on Wright in the NYT saying what does it matter....what is the problem with this...and why would anyone bring this up.....and all the while you research Romneys religion...strange stuff.

And you suggest to keep up that we should all read up on Black Liberation ? Should we go back to the Chicago archives and find out why Obama joined that church ? Should we look inside that box that Wright is saving ?

One final comment....I have said my entire life that those who would even suggest as you did attacking a candidates wife reflects something very dark. When it was reported that Mrs Obama had made a hate speech, ALL WERE TOLD...that is not fair..that is racist...that is hate.

I suppose we all come from different sets of values !
Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
We recently had such an uproar because somebody was going to spend money showing Obama's relationship with Rev Wright. It was called unfair, racist and a lot of hateful names.

This from the Washington Post...

"Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history"

Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history - The Washington Post

This is a discussion of an event, not from high school, but from 150 years ago and is aimed specifically to generate discussion of the Mormon religion.

Not saying there is anything hateful in this column, but how is it deemed appropriate to discuss Romney's religion and background and not Obama's ??

PLUS...

"NYT Reporter Goes To Romney's Church, Seeks Dirt From Worshipers"

"New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor appeared on MSNBC this morning to discuss an investigative report she did on Mitt Romney's Mormon church, his values and what his fellow worshipers say about him. "

NYT Reporter Goes To Romney's Church, Seeks Dirt From Worshipers | RealClearPolitics

I cannot see the difference !!!!!!
Yes you can see the difference one is a Liberal Democrat and one is not!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
Yes you can see the difference one is a Liberal Democrat and one is not!
Some of our posters on here feel that wives, your religion, etc all fair game......EXCEPT for anyone on the other side...interesting concept.

I might add that posters on this forum have been very respectful of the current first lady
Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
You have to remember you don't know what obama's religion is or even who he really is. How can you discuss something that doesn't exist . I some times think he doesn't know who he is.
True, since he certainly isn't who he thinks he is!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.