Explain this to me please...

Old 05-21-2012, 12:50 PM
n/a

Default Explain this to me please...

We recently had such an uproar because somebody was going to spend money showing Obama's relationship with Rev Wright. It was called unfair, racist and a lot of hateful names.

This from the Washington Post...

"Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history"

Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith tangles with a quirk of Arkansas history - The Washington Post

This is a discussion of an event, not from high school, but from 150 years ago and is aimed specifically to generate discussion of the Mormon religion.

Not saying there is anything hateful in this column, but how is it deemed appropriate to discuss Romney's religion and background and not Obama's ??

PLUS...

"NYT Reporter Goes To Romney's Church, Seeks Dirt From Worshipers"

"New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor appeared on MSNBC this morning to discuss an investigative report she did on Mitt Romney's Mormon church, his values and what his fellow worshipers say about him. "

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...orshipers.html

I cannot see the difference !!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM
n/a

The difference is one is a Republican and one is a Democrat.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
the difference is one is a republican and one is a democrat.
bingo!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM
n/a

You have to remember you don't know what obama's religion is or even who he really is. How can you discuss something that doesn't exist . I some times think he doesn't know who he is.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
n/a

The MSM is biased against the Republican Party and knows it; even if they lie and say "Who us??"

Here's a story showing that the MSM has targeted Romney's wealth 13 times more than they did John Kerry when he ran against Pres. Bush, even though Kerry is richer than Romney.

Networks Target Romney
Old 05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
n/a

Seriously, what else could it be? I worked my entire life as a journalist. I started back in the days when being a journalist meant something. The last newspaper I worked for was bought by the Retirement Systems of Alabama aka union employees of the state of Alabama. This was, IMHO, the end of any journalistic integrity at the newspapers bought by cnhi. Our publishers and executive editors, the buck stop here, decision making people, had no newsroom experience whatsoever. Sorry for the rant. Back to the question.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
n/a

Obama has stated that Romney's religion should be off limits. It's the PAC's that run most of the attack ads. One of the worst Supreme Court decisions ever, close to the theft of the 2000 election.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
n/a

Critical to a free democracy is a free press. Critical to a free press is that their readers believe they have conducted a factual and unbiased investigation of the facts they so report. It seems this occupation like so many others is experiencing their share of unethical practioners resulting in such a lack of trust and confidence in what you read and worse yet continuing questions as to what has not been reported
Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Obama has stated that Romney's religion should be off limits. It's the PAC's that run most of the attack ads. One of the worst Supreme Court decisions ever, close to the theft of the 2000 election.
WRONG!!; if you read the posts above and check out the links, the "investigation??" of Romney is shown to be by THE NEW YORK TIMES and THE WASHINGTON POST; two of the biggest media entities in the nation.

It's not the PACs we're discussing here, and it's not attack ads.

It's left wing propaganda masquerading as news, and propagated by major news organizations in a biased attack on Republicans exclusively.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Seriously, what else could it be? I worked my entire life as a journalist. I started back in the days when being a journalist meant something. The last newspaper I worked for was bought by the Retirement Systems of Alabama aka union employees of the state of Alabama. This was, IMHO, the end of any journalistic integrity at the newspapers bought by cnhi. Our publishers and executive editors, the buck stop here, decision making people, had no newsroom experience whatsoever. Sorry for the rant. Back to the question.
Glad for your rant BK......I always when growing up just loved reading the newspapers but recently when you buy a newspaper, you must always be aware of that newspapers own particular slant. I read the NY Times almost daily because frankly there is a lot news in there, but then try to balance that a bit with other papers.

I really am envious of the career you had !

PS....TO STAY on topic.....I wonder about the lack of any of those drive by posters with the small uniformed quips that see life as a one way street ! I actually, as terrible as it might be hope they just unleash the super pacs on Obama. There is so much info to be shared beginning with his life in Chicago etc.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
n/a

Another Wright thread - sigh - but it sure is fun listeing to all the Cons whinning about the msm.

oooohhhhh ..... why can't we talk about Wright but they can talk about the Mormon church ..... booooooo hoooooooo ..... not fair ..... boooo hooooo.

Seems the Cons raised this in 2008 - I recall The Wasilla Quitta mentioning Wright at every campaign stop - worked well for the Cons in 2008, didn't it?

BTW, you can thank Ricky Sanitarium for raising Willard's Mormon faith - for most of us it means absolutely nothing.

Too many burros ......
Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Another Wright thread - sigh - but it sure is fun listeing to all the Cons whinning about the msm.

oooohhhhh ..... why can't we talk about Wright but they can talk about the Mormon church ..... booooooo hoooooooo ..... not fair ..... boooo hooooo.

Seems the Cons raised this in 2008 - I recall The Wasilla Quitta mentioning Wright at every campaign stop - worked well for the Cons in 2008, didn't it?

BTW, you can thank Ricky Sanitarium for raising Willard's Mormon faith - for most of us it means absolutely nothing.

Too many burros ......
How in your rose colored, democratic party only glasses did you get a Wright thread out of two national news sources going after Romneys religion to the point of searching out negatives in his church.

Wow....you see the world as you want to see it with no regard to facts whatsoever.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
How in your rose colored, democratic party only glasses did you get a Wright thread out of two national news sources going after Romneys religion to the point of searching out negatives in his church.

Wow....you see the world as you want to see it with no regard to facts whatsoever.
It's also a lie that was being spouted by the poster you're addressing, as McCain foolishly banned, as Romney is doing so far, the mention of Rev. Wright by his campaign.

A bit of revisionism, here.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
WRONG!!; if you read the posts above and check out the links, the "investigation??" of Romney is shown to be by THE NEW YORK TIMES and THE WASHINGTON POST; two of the biggest media entities in the nation.

It's not the PACs we're discussing here, and it's not attack ads.

It's left wing propaganda masquerading as news, and propagated by major news organizations in a biased attack on Republicans exclusively.
Maybe I should actually read the posts before I reply......but they are so crazy-making!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Maybe I should actually read the posts before I reply......but they are so crazy-making!!!
Can you add to your comments please ? And explain how this is ok under the circumstances of last week ?

Thanks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.