Now is this really true?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
n/a

Default Now is this really true?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us...6pLid%3D161806

Hope something like this is the death knell to these Super PAC strategists. Has all the fairness of putting the Incredible Hulk in the defensive line of the Chicago Bears.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
n/a

I already started a thread on this subject and will tell you that the truth should be told. It should have been told in 2008 and then maybe none of this lying and politicing that is proffered from this WH would never have happened.

I dont know if they will actually be allowed by Romney, but I sure hope so....this man has got to be shown for what he is.....as Obama said...Rev Wrights problem was that he had to tell the truth always. So allow the truth to come out....if not true then we deal with it.

I am a happy guy with this news...as much as I hate this kind of politics, this stuff was hidden in 2008
Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
n/a

This stuff didn't work in 2008, and it's not going to work in 2012. If a dem pac started attacking Mitt Romney's Morman faith, there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for Fox News to hyperventilate.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM
n/a

Default Both McCain and Romney seem disgusted with this kind of approach.

McCain, Romney Camps Decry Super-PAC Proposal to Attack Obama on Rev. Wright - ABC News
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 PM
n/a

Let's hope sanity prevails. Perhaps a baby step towards more civil discourse?
Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
n/a

From the first linked article in the original post:

"Should the plan proceed, it would run counter to the strategy being employed by Mitt Romney’s team, which has so far avoided such attacks.

The Romney campaign has sought to focus attention on the economy, and has concluded that personal attacks on Mr. Obama, who is still well liked personally by most independent voters surveyed for polls, could backfire."

And it takes two to tango:

Billionaire George Soros will soon make his first major contributions in the 2012 election cycle with donations of $1 million each to two independent groups backing President Obama's re-election bid: America Votes and American Bridge 21st Century.

The New York Times reports that, in all, Soros and his fellow deep-pocketed liberal donors are preparing to inject as much as $100 million into independent groups looking to help Democrats this November. But, the paper notes, the recipients of the cash aren't expected to be the super PACs of the variety that have so far dominated this election cycle with negative attack ads, but instead groups "focusing on grass-roots organizing, voter registration and Democratic turnout."

Soros, a renowned hedge fund investor estimated to be worth more than $22 billion, has not yet given any hints about whether he'll end up donating to pro-Obama super PACs like the relatively cash-strapped Priorities USA Action, according to the Los Angeles Times. Meanwhile, Team Obama’s Monday release of a $25 million ad campaign targeting Mitt Romney is an indication that Obama doesn't expect liberal outside groups to do much of the heavy-lifting, negative ad-wise, at this stage of the game, according to the NYT.

Bloomberg notes that Soros donated $23.7 million, more than any other donor, in 2004 to pro-Democratic organizations, according to a D.C.-based research group."

George Soros Donates to Pro-Obama Groups, Super PACs for 2012 Election
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
From the first linked article in the original post:

"Should the plan proceed, it would run counter to the strategy being employed by Mitt Romney’s team, which has so far avoided such attacks.

The Romney campaign has sought to focus attention on the economy, and has concluded that personal attacks on Mr. Obama, who is still well liked personally by most independent voters surveyed for polls, could backfire."

And it takes two to tango:

Billionaire George Soros will soon make his first major contributions in the 2012 election cycle with donations of $1 million each to two independent groups backing President Obama's re-election bid: America Votes and American Bridge 21st Century.

The New York Times reports that, in all, Soros and his fellow deep-pocketed liberal donors are preparing to inject as much as $100 million into independent groups looking to help Democrats this November. But, the paper notes, the recipients of the cash aren't expected to be the super PACs of the variety that have so far dominated this election cycle with negative attack ads, but instead groups "focusing on grass-roots organizing, voter registration and Democratic turnout."

Soros, a renowned hedge fund investor estimated to be worth more than $22 billion, has not yet given any hints about whether he'll end up donating to pro-Obama super PACs like the relatively cash-strapped Priorities USA Action, according to the Los Angeles Times. Meanwhile, Team Obama’s Monday release of a $25 million ad campaign targeting Mitt Romney is an indication that Obama doesn't expect liberal outside groups to do much of the heavy-lifting, negative ad-wise, at this stage of the game, according to the NYT.

Bloomberg notes that Soros donated $23.7 million, more than any other donor, in 2004 to pro-Democratic organizations, according to a D.C.-based research group."

George Soros Donates to Pro-Obama Groups, Super PACs for 2012 Election
Thanks for the post. Those decrying this forget very conveniently that Soros spent that money in 2008...I recall an add making fun of McCains flying expertise and where do you think the money came from to support the 24 hour a day attack on Paln ?

Yep, Romney does not want to do it...McCain didnt either.....but I am curious..

Why would Obama want to pay Wright so much money to just shut up ?

Why would he say that Wrights problem was that he had to tell the truth ? What truth would hurt.

This intrigue is from the President of the United States .

I am holding to what I said in 2008, 2009 and since that there is so much more to be told and someday it will be. Is this the mode it takes....do not know, but as the supporters of Obama like to point out when discussing Romney's high school days, you gotta vet the candidate !!!!

If what happened, or better yet didnt happen in 2008, I would be so against this....but if the President of the US lied, and held back information and offered money to people to shut up on certain information to allow his election, it needs to be said and proven.

Never was a birther type person or some of the other conspiracies but this one, I predicted in 2008 ....I KNOW THERE IS MORE !
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM
n/a

A quote from Obama in early 2008..

""I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

then we have stuff like this...

"Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.
That turned out to be untrue, but Obama has repeated the story--which even the Washington Post called "misleading"--in a campaign video for the 2012 election."

I am still not a "birther" but add this link without my own verification but when you read it, you find they are not directly saying his birth was incorrectly reported but more how he seems to twist his own life to fit...

And if you read the link I hope you read the disclaimer at the beginning just to put this all in context..

"Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'

NOTE...THIS IS FROM TODAYS NEWS...NOT OLDER NEWS
Old 05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
n/a

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE REPUBLICANS PLAY THE GAME AND GIVE AS GOOD AS THEY GET!!

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright says he was offered hush money to not talk about his relationship with candidate Obama; reportedly $150,000.

Let the tale be told.

Bucco: I think the Literary Agent Story deserves it's own thread. This is too good to be buried in this thread.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
n/a

I do hope that the Super PAC goes forward with its expose'. The Super PAC based on the wording in this article appears to be wise enough to remain very factual and to report only those facts that are material and relevant to demonstrate that Obama had this information been known, more than likely would have never been elected and/or has influence Obama thinking, thinking which would contaminate America. The birther issue in my opinion is still relevant but based on previous experience with the liberal media proceeding with it may be counter productive short of producing a valid witness. Personally I believe Obama was Kenya born because there are so many inconsistencies and the Obama Team continues to frustrate any and all attempts to factual address them. If a person has nothing to hide why do you continue to hide it? Obama's persona can be summed up in one word "deceiver"

Now that I got this off my chest I realize I am in agreement with Mitt Romney and his view that he will only utilize positive ads. Good for you Mitt, again you take the high road. Forgive me for a moment of weakness
Old 05-17-2012, 03:25 PM
n/a

They punked out!!

FOX News on the radio reports that Mitt Romney made the PAC cancel it's Wright campaign against Obama. What a coward.

You know the Democrats won't cower from running the dirtiest campaign in history if they think it will hurt Romney.

If Romney loses it will be because of non-actions like this.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:34 PM
n/a

Not true, real Americans with dignity and credibility are looking for someone to take the high road.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
n/a

Default other thread

i already gave my opinion of this on bucco's other thread...here it comes.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
Not true, real Americans with dignity and credibility are looking for someone to take the high road.
Keep dreaming. Campaigns run dirty campaigns for ONE reason....they work.......every time.

Right or wrong, it's a fact of life.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
They punked out!!

FOX News on the radio reports that Mitt Romney made the PAC cancel it's Wright campaign against Obama. What a coward.

You know the Democrats won't cower from running the dirtiest campaign in history if they think it will hurt Romney.

If Romney loses it will be because of non-actions like this.
i hope it is canceled for now - BUT - put on the shelf to be held in reserve in the event that it may be useful at a later date.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.