from the mouth of a republican

Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 PM
n/a

Default from the mouth of a republican

"conservatives used to espouse clear and consistent values, one of which was an impatience with the so-called culture of victimization. But in recent years, who has cried “victim” more than they? To hear them tell it, they are a people perennially under siege from a “War on Christmas,” a “War on Whites,” a “War on Males,” political correctness, same-sex marriage and, of course, that old standby, liberal media bias."
Old 01-25-2016, 06:51 PM
n/a

bait!!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 PM
n/a

Great Post!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"conservatives used to espouse clear and consistent values, one of which was an impatience with the so-called culture of victimization. But in recent years, who has cried “victim” more than they? To hear them tell it, they are a people perennially under siege from a “War on Christmas,” a “War on Whites,” a “War on Males,” political correctness, same-sex marriage and, of course, that old standby, liberal media bias."
Quote:
bait!!
Hard to accept the truth when it doesn't fit your purposes.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:43 PM
n/a

Lol...what a bunch of maroons....
Old 01-25-2016, 10:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hard to accept the truth when it doesn't fit your purposes.
Hard to accept as a Republican quote when the source was never identified.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:49 PM
n/a

It is getting a bit chummy.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Great Post!!!!
Sybil, is that your comment on your own post? Pretty funny!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
No reference, no source. Not a credible thread. I'm outta here..............
Old 01-26-2016, 06:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

If I may offer another explanation. The fact is that in this day and age the political terms establishment, conservative liberal libertarian mean bupkus. They have been so abused, misused and ideologically shifted that they have no meaning any longer. Back in the day a liberal Republican was viewed as a moderate Democrat. Back in the day the bell curve applied when it came to the distribution of democrat republicans conservative liberal moderate
what changed? The radical leftist movements race, gender and economic status found on the streets of America and in its universities. Progressive, as I stated many times before do not understand the limits of nature and so in their fantasy Utopian world they pushed manipulated and lied about the definition of "fairness" like trying to place a round peg in a square hole. Well we see today what that has wrought. Its not a pretty picture

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-26-2016, 08:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

If I may offer another explanation. The fact is that in this day and age the political terms establishment, conservative liberal libertarian mean bupkus. They have been so abused, misused and ideologically shifted that they have no meaning any longer. Back in the day a liberal Republican was viewed as a moderate Democrat. Back in the day the bell curve applied when it came to the distribution of democrat republicans conservative liberal moderate
what changed? The radical leftist movements race, gender and economic status found on the streets of America and in its universities. Progressive, as I stated many times before do not understand the limits of nature and so in their fantasy Utopian world they pushed manipulated and lied about the definition of "fairness" like trying to place a round peg in a square hole. Well we see today what that has wrought. Its not a pretty picture

Personal Best Regards:
Did the radical leftist movement encourage American businesses to move their production overseas? This was encouraged so the white middle class worker would lose their jobs, and now be on an equal status with the poor minority class. President Obama's mere appearance caused the Republican party to move further right. That is not a movement. That is insanity.

Concerning the current status of the US, there is plenty of blame to go around for both parties. When you stop talking to each, that is a guarantee that nothing will get down, and things will get worse.

Take a look at who is leading the Republican race for their nomination, Donald Trump. The man belittles everybody, and offers no concrete solutions to anything. How, in the name of creation, is he going to accomplish anything, if he wins the election? If you go to DC, and continue to insult representatives, they will get their backs up, and things will get worse. If there is a lesson to learned from Obama's "hope and change" presidency, it is the opposite party will do everything in its power to make you fail. The only principle is to make sure that the current president is considered a failure, so your party will win the next election. The well being of the citizens of the US is the last thing on their minds. This is one of the few things that both parties have in common.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:07 AM
n/a

The funniest thing that came from Trump's war on Cruz was making fun of Glenn Beck, because Beck endorsed Cruz. He called Beck a crybaby. Trump stood there and listened to that flying fruitcake, Sarah Palin, endorsing him. Palin read a prepared speech that made sense to the person, who prepared it, and that person alone. I think that Palin should fire her speechwriter, Joe $hit the rag man's son, and hire someone that has a third grade education. In Alaska, that may be hard to find, but if anyone can do it she can.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Did the radical leftist movement encourage American businesses to move their production overseas? This was encouraged so the white middle class worker would lose their jobs, and now be on an equal status with the poor minority class. President Obama's mere appearance caused the Republican party to move further right. That is not a movement. That is insanity.

Concerning the current status of the US, there is plenty of blame to go around for both parties. When you stop talking to each, that is a guarantee that nothing will get down, and things will get worse.

Take a look at who is leading the Republican race for their nomination, Donald Trump. The man belittles everybody, and offers no concrete solutions to anything. How, in the name of creation, is he going to accomplish anything, if he wins the election? If you go to DC, and continue to insult representatives, they will get their backs up, and things will get worse. If there is a lesson to learned from Obama's "hope and change" presidency, it is the opposite party will do everything in its power to make you fail. The only principle is to make sure that the current president is considered a failure, so your party will win the next election. The well being of the citizens of the US is the last thing on their minds. This is one of the few things that both parties have in common.
Dear Guest:

Once again may I offer an alternate explanation. The corporate inversion of which you speak are because 1) the US has the highest corporate tax in the world 2) profits earned overseas would be taxed a second time if brought back stateside. Progressives encourage and in fact pay illegal to come to this country and fight such things as voter ID to buy votes. there selfish interests cost American workers jobs. Unions both private and public make demands not commensurate with increases in production or performance thus reducing America's competitiveness. As to Republicans shift to the right
perhaps you haven't notice but Obama is further left than Bill Ayers making neocon look like moderates.

As to blame frankly I am sick of the blame game its a waste of time and energy. I am looking for leadership that focuses on solutions

I am no fan of Trump but Trump is a zillion times better by any measurements than Obama. Obama the Terrible is a walking disaster. I take no pleasure in making that statement because this nation needs and deserves quality leadership but I am not convinced it exists in America any longer.

finally voters should ignore party politic and unite against cronyism and incompetence we call our government.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-26-2016, 02:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

Once again may I offer an alternate explanation. The corporate inversion of which you speak are because 1) the US has the highest corporate tax in the world 2) profits earned overseas would be taxed a second time if brought back stateside. Progressives encourage and in fact pay illegal to come to this country and fight such things as voter ID to buy votes. there selfish interests cost American workers jobs. Unions both private and public make demands not commensurate with increases in production or performance thus reducing America's competitiveness. As to Republicans shift to the right
perhaps you haven't notice but Obama is further left than Bill Ayers making neocon look like moderates.

As to blame frankly I am sick of the blame game its a waste of time and energy. I am looking for leadership that focuses on solutions

I am no fan of Trump but Trump is a zillion times better by any measurements than Obama. Obama the Terrible is a walking disaster. I take no pleasure in making that statement because this nation needs and deserves quality leadership but I am not convinced it exists in America any longer.

finally voters should ignore party politic and unite against cronyism and incompetence we call our government.

Personal Best Regards:
The effective corporate is up there among the highest. It is about 27.5%. The difference in corporate taxes between countries isn't enough to move production overseas. Concerning the foreign profits being taxed twice, that is not completely right. The second time is not at the full domestic rate. The amount paid overseas is deducted in full. http://taxfoundation.org/article/how...n-income-taxes

Wages overseas especially in Asia is the reason that US companies are moving their production over there. Wages make a far great portion of costs than the corporate taxes. If the corporate tax rate is lowered, that isn't a guarantee that companies will move their production back to the US.
30% of US corporation are "S" corporation. So, they are taxed at the personal tax rate.

Trump is talking about high tariffs, and sales taxes to make more expensive overseas labor. He hopes that this will force US companies to move production back to the US, because the effective rate of low wages will be offset by the high tariffs. I don't think that he has mentioned lowing the corporate tax rate to bring production jobs back here.

Things haven't entirely changed from what they were during our days in the work force. Companies move to the south, because of lower wages, and energy costs. They are moving out of the country for the same reason.

I really haven't noticed Obama shifting that far to the left. You are right there. On Morning Joe this morning, they called him a moderate Democrat. I guess they are comparing him to Sanders.

All kidding aside without going overboard on your criticism, can you bring me up to date on his far left agenda? Single payer health insurance is far left. Obamacare is a liberal program, but not far left.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
n/a

Concerning unions, the number of union jobs on private sector is ^.&% in 2013, and it has gone down from there. Unions are the major reason companies are moving overseas. American unions membership declines as public support fluctuates | Pew Research Center

Tags
“war, siege, perennially, hear, christmas, , people, correctness, standby, liberal, media, bias, males, , political, same-sex, marriage, whites, , cried, values, consistent, clear, republican, mouth, conservatives, espouse, impatience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.