Gallup Poll: Conservatives 42%, Liberals 20%

Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM
n/a

Default Gallup Poll: Conservatives 42%, Liberals 20%

This is why we can oust the Pretender in Chief in 2012. Just stick to your conservative values and ignore the spin about how "extreme we are" that come from the spin meisters like Sen. Chuckie Schumer and vote your conservative values and conscience. All Conservatives do that and the minority of this country that consider themselves liberals will be in for a rude awakening.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141032/20...-liberals.aspx
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
n/a

Seems like a fair proportion to me. Remember, though, that the Gallup poll asked people how they would describe themselves. Maybe a self-description is not entirely the same way political organizations would describe them? Anyhow, the entire 2012 Presidential race depends who the Republicans run as their candidates for president and vice-president.

I would not be surprised if Joe Biden was taken off the ticket for Democrats (it will look as though it was his own idea).

If Republicans run Mitt Romney as their presidential candidate with some other moderate as their v.p., I would probably vote that way - and it probably would be a winning ticket.

However, if the Republicans run extreme conservatives like Rubio, Bachman, or Palin on any part of the ticket, they will most likely lose.

Americans want something more conservative than now but still in the moderate (not extreme) area.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
n/a

not suprising results. The USA has always been a conservative country. I do think most of us fall somewhere in the middle which is why far left and far right views do not last long. Usually,these groups of people are loud have a small vocal following and disappear. Unfortunately with the computer age these groups are louder than ever and might last a little longer but in the end they disappear. Americans do not like extremes never did never will.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Seems like a fair proportion to me. Remember, though, that the Gallup poll asked people how they would describe themselves. Maybe a self-description is not entirely the same way political organizations would describe them? Anyhow, the entire 2012 Presidential race depends who the Republicans run as their candidates for president and vice-president.

I would not be surprised if Joe Biden was taken off the ticket for Democrats (it will look as though it was his own idea).

If Republicans run Mitt Romney as their presidential candidate with some other moderate as their v.p., I would probably vote that way - and it probably would be a winning ticket.

However, if the Republicans run extreme conservatives like Rubio, Bachman, or Palin on any part of the ticket, they will most likely lose.

Americans want something more conservative than now but still in the moderate (not extreme) area.
You could be right if the Liberals are successful with the inevitable deceptions and spin; but on the other hand the time may be right again for an unapologetic conservative to run an unapologetic campaign and connect with the people who matter, and that's the people who vote. We don't have the greatness of a Ronald Reagan, whom I'm alluding to, but we can come close enough, maybe.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
n/a

Default Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
This is why we can oust the Pretender in Chief in 2012....
I'm not sure you can reach that conclusion based on this poll. I'd describe myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. So how would I describe myself for the purpose of this poll? Would however I answered be the least bit predictive of how I might vote for a Presidential candidate in 2012? I can tell you that almost for sure, it wouldn't.

As much as many would like it to be different, only one party appears to have a candidate in 2012 who has a chance of winning election. That's pretty much the conclusion of almost all the political pundits being paid to figure out what's going to happen. Until a candidate from the second party who can set forth a platform and set of objectives that appeals to more people than the other guy, that's not going to change. That would be a shame, but that's reality.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I'm not sure you can reach that conclusion based on this poll. I'd describe myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. So how would I describe myself for the purpose of this poll? Would however I answered be the least bit predictive of how I might vote for a Presidential candidate in 2012? I can tell you that almost for sure, it wouldn't.

As much as many would like it to be different, only one party appears to have a candidate in 2012 who has a chance of winning election. That's pretty much the conclusion of almost all the political pundits being paid to figure out what's going to happen. Until a candidate from the second party who can set forth a platform and set of objectives that appeals to more people than the other guy, that's not going to change. That would be a shame, but that's reality.
Actually, by your motto and signature, I know we can all count on you voting for whoever is running against Obama. So let me thank you in advance.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually, by your motto and signature, I know we can all count on you voting for whoever is running against Obama. So let me thank you in advance.
That's going to be true only if the Republicans come up with someone who is at least reasonably competent. If the GOP candidate is Chris Christie, Mitt Romney or maybe Tim Pawlenty, count me in. But if they run Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman or Ron Paul, they'll give me no choice. I may have to simply withhold my vote and give up on our system--for 2012, at least.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
n/a

Default Gallup Poll

I believe the voting population fits neatly into the Bell Curve.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
n/a

Well we know for sure that the Democrats are going to run somebody who is reasonable incompetent.

Trump has the money to say everything he ever wanted to say, and lay it on the table with the publicity only Trump can draw. Then some other candidate can run, and not have to say publicly what really need to be said. Obama almost makes Jimmy Carter look good. Not quite, but almost.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is why we can oust the Pretender in Chief in 2012.
And the above is an example of why we are so polarized....disrespect and name-calling.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
And the above is an example of why we are so polarized....disrespect and name-calling.
I've made a vow to give the present holder of the Oval Office the same respect as the Democrats gave GW Bush.

I don't think I've succeeded actually. Because I don't refer to Barack Hussein Obama as "Hitler". I guess I'm just too nice.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
n/a

If Trump does run he has my vote, all the others are empty suits and business as usual with politics.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
I've made a vow to give the present holder of the Oval Office the same respect as the Democrats gave GW Bush.

I don't think I've succeeded actually. Because I don't refer to Barack Hussein Obama as "Hitler". I guess I'm just too nice.
So perpetuating name-calling and disrespect accomplishs what? Well, perpetuating divisiveness for one thing and little else that I can see other than maybe some perverse self satisfaction.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
n/a

From Harry Reid...last week

""Republicans want to shut down the government because they think there's nothing more important than keeping women from getting cancer screenings. This is indefensible and everyone should be outraged,"

Rep Slaughter of New York (D)..last week...

"In 1994, people were elected simply to kill the National Endowment for the Arts, Now they’re here to kill women.”

and added...

"“You are allowed to have an abortion if you have been raped or it’s a matter of incest. However, you have to keep a receipt. Did you know that? It’s sort of like an old German Nazi movie. Show me your papers,”
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
So perpetuating name-calling and disrespect accomplishs what? Well, perpetuating divisiveness for one thing and little else that I can see other than maybe some perverse self satisfaction.
Only said by liberals when caught in their hypocrisy.

Never heard a liberal caution their own who continue to defame their political opponents to this day.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.