Flint Michigan

Old 01-19-2016, 03:09 PM
n/a

Default Flint Michigan

A great deal in the news about the water quality crisis in this city. This really is a microcosm of the entire United States, only the US can print money and Flint cannot. This looks to have started due to a cost cutting measure to help the city's trouble finances. This is like many cities who have legacy costs they cannot meet and keep basic services for their citizens. The economy and stock market have been sustained by out of control government spending that has to end sometime. When it does the Flint Michigans are going to come fast and furious. Maybe this November we will elect politians that will make us make the tough decisions, but I doubt it.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:57 PM
n/a

I would not be surprised any city around manufacturing (especially chemical) sooner or later ground water going to get contaminated if it not already. From 1900 to 1970s it was common for waste to be dumped on company property, some even got caught dumping straight into the rivers.

Then, there all the dumps and mining problems yet to be discovered. IMO it's only goin to get worse the further down stream you live. I noticed this 50 years ago when I was on the upper Missouri River and noticed the difference on the lower Missouri River. City, factory, farm chemical run off down stream along with what's buried in the ground has effect that IMO still hasn't reared it ugly head

Tags
flint, make, stock, end, economy, citizens, market, control, government, sustained, spending, tough, politians, elect, decisions, doubt, november, michigans, fast, furious, legacy, united, entire, microcosm, states

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.