Gasoline at $1.98

Old 10-26-2015, 11:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The comment about Newt came from Newt himself during the last POTUS R debate.
IN 2012. And reported on by THINKPROGRESS in Jan of this year.

"Lee was not alone. Newt Gingrich, running for the GOP nomination, predicted that if Obama was reelected he would push gas to “$10 a gallon.” Gingrich said he would reduce gas prices dramatically by reversing Obama’s energy policies. Gingrich flanked himself with campaign signs promising $2.50 gas if he was elected."

4 Things That Were Supposed To Happen By 2015 Because Obama Was Reelected | ThinkProgress

Please use real news sites and speak of CURRENT issues and CURRENT players.

I would love to see a link to what you cited from the "LAST POTUS R DEBATE"
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 PM
n/a

Pretty funny, how quotes from yesteryear are being used to boost up the Obama failure image.

In August 2008, the cost of a gal of gasoline fell to $3.74 and continued to fall until the price averaged $2.07 just after Election Day in November, when Mr. Obama was elected president.
The cost of gas was $1.84 just six days after President Obama's inauguration.

Source: Consumer Reports

Obama was sworn in as president on January 20, 2009. In the week that ended on January 19, 2009, the weekly retail gasoline price in the U.S. was $1.90/gallon. In May 2011 retail gasoline prices averaged above $4/gallon for three straight weeks. The most recent retail price — for the week ending September 10, 2012 — was $3.91/gallon. So prices were more than double what they were when Obama was sworn in. So, regardless of how you manipulate numbers, one can say that gas prices did double during Obama's first term.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:22 PM
n/a

Since we cannot edit our posts on here I am just going to add this to my response in post #16.

My bottom line is this. If you want to compare quotes, promises, predictions of politicians.....I mean if that is truely what you call discussing politics...then begin a thread and call it MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Republican can google and get websites of what Obama promised and did not deliver...you can post all your stuff from the party, and of course add the oldie but goodie on Rick Scott.

I would prefer to discuss things like.....Iran deal, Syria situation, character of the Democratic nominee, Israel, destruction of Libya, comments on debates, racial tensions in the country, and on and on. Lots to chose from, but they are called current ISSUES.

By the way, new home sales went down today far below what predicted. In what column does that go ? I jest, because in your world that is a stat to use for some reason when in fact is is ONE of many statistics to measure the countries growth.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Pretty funny, how quotes from yesteryear are being used to boost up the Obama failure image.

In August 2008, the cost of a gal of gasoline fell to $3.74 and continued to fall until the price averaged $2.07 just after Election Day in November, when Mr. Obama was elected president.
The cost of gas was $1.84 just six days after President Obama's inauguration.

Source: Consumer Reports

Obama was sworn in as president on January 20, 2009. In the week that ended on January 19, 2009, the weekly retail gasoline price in the U.S. was $1.90/gallon. In May 2011 retail gasoline prices averaged above $4/gallon for three straight weeks. The most recent retail price — for the week ending September 10, 2012 — was $3.91/gallon. So prices were more than double what they were when Obama was sworn in. So, regardless of how you manipulate numbers, one can say that gas prices did double during Obama's first term.
Yeah, I know...I just posted and suggested that she and others like her just start a thread and call it MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS and have a go at all that stupid comparing.

I think in the middle of a primary season, the Democrats would be out supporting Ms Clinton and suggesting why she is the candidate and allowing defense of her many character issues.

Instead we are bringing back items from 2012 and before, personally attacking each Republican candidate (and they ARE fair game on issues by the way).

Perhaps this is all there is to talk about.

They will not discuss for example a very interesting article in Reuters today where they discuss the "snap back".....meaning we have said we can "snap back" the sanctions at the wave of a hand if there is a violation.

What is being discussed is how difficult that will be as Russia, China and Europe rush to fill Iran with their business and enrich Iran.

But it seems much easier to do a search or simply look in the archives of the number of Democratic party sites and simply "flame" this and other forums.

Tags
low, good, mighty, $1.98, social, smidge, cpi, security, percent, perfect, clap2, economy, cola, basically, market, gas, gallon, station, noticed, shell, stock, gasoline, 17, 000, unemployment, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.