George W. Bush endorses Mitt Romney.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:04 PM
n/a

Default George W. Bush endorses Mitt Romney.

Now, there is a surprize.

George W. Bush: 'I'm For Mitt Romney'
Old 05-15-2012, 02:22 PM
n/a

I say we all chip in and give Junior - and Dick - a well deserved, all expenses paid, vacation.

Switzerland is nice this time of year.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
n/a

George Bush's endorsement will really help Mitt Romney nab the 'enjoyed having a terrible president' demographic. Can't wait to hear Bush and Cheney give a rousing speech for Romney at the Republican National Convention.

In the aggragate, Bush is the second lowest rated president since 1877. Only Warren G Harding who served from 1921-23 is rated lower.

http://ed.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/0...or-door-closes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Now, there is a surprize.

George W. Bush: 'I'm For Mitt Romney'
Really???; you're surprised that President George W. Bush would endorse the presumptive nominee of the party he's been so faithful to all these years?

Or, did you think he would just stay silent about it?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Really???; you're surprised that President George W. Bush would endorse the presumptive nominee of the party he's been so faithful to all these years?

Or, did you think he would just stay silent about it?
Methinks you missed the sarcasm in his tone.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Methinks you missed the sarcasm in his tone.
Maybe I did; then what was the point?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
n/a

the only point per usual is the partisan Bushslap, snipping!

btk
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
n/a

Junior was in NYC, I believe getting onto an elevator, with the door closing and a reporter asked him who he is supporting and Junior whispered I am for Romney as the door closed.

An endorsement from the worst POTUS in HISTORY - that right there is a game-changer for Willard.

Junior has earned a vacation to Switzerland.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
n/a

In all seriousness, I would love to have the vote totals nationally of all of those who claim to have been positively or negatively influenced by this endorsement.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 AM
n/a

did you wonder that of all the other endorsements or just Bush? And if so why?

Does anybody really think for one moment that any of we the people that are registered voters, that vote, would be affected by any endorsement? The answer is of course not. The endorsements are nothing more than party member statements by leading politicians to other politicians in an attempt to sway their favor as well as their special interest groups, lobbyists and all other free loaders.

If some looked at Obama with the same magnifying glass they always use on Bush they no doubt would not think very kindly of him either. But since hell is not forecast to freeze over anytime soon, we won't hold our breath waiting for that to happen.

btk
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

Does anybody really think for one moment that any of we the people that are registered voters, that vote, would be affected by any endorsement? The answer is of course not. The endorsements are nothing more than party member statements by leading politicians to other politicians in an attempt to sway their favor as well as their special interest groups, lobbyists and all other free loaders.

If some looked at Obama with the same magnifying glass they always use on Bush they no doubt would not think very kindly of him either. But since hell is not forecast to freeze over anytime soon, we won't hold our breath waiting for that to happen.

btk
I disagree. We the People vote for candidates for a myriad reasons. Exit polls astound data collectors. People actually admit they vote for such salient reasons as 'he has such a nice family'; 'I trust his smile'; 'he really seems sincere' etc. Since all President are famous and controversial, I have no doubt there will be large numbers of Americans who cast their vote for Romney AND Obama because of their feelings one way or the other about the Bush endorsement. It's not pretty, but it's real.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:33 PM
n/a

Quote:

btk
Endorsements likely swing some weight in primary races, as supporters of the endorser are of the same general political persuasion as the endorsee. In the general election the endorsements are mostly formality, although some editorial boards endorsements may carry some weight with independents.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
n/a

Quote:

btk
btk: I have a slightly different view I believe even Mr Magoo could spot the multiple deficits of Obama. I also wonder who will welcome Obama on stage if he wins in 2012 George Clooney, Bill Ayers, Rev Wright, etc etc. I am sure it will be some one with an impeccable reputation....not

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.