Glenn Beck Appearance

Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
n/a

Default Glenn Beck Appearance

I have heard that the numbers of attendees reported at some of these guest appearances have been over-reported. For instance, 25,000 for Glenn Beck? Some people feel that the crowd numbered more like 5,000. Same with Sarah Palin's last appearance. Beck's "plan" seems like what everyone wants, but how many are willing to make any kind of sacrifice? Let's hear how enthusiastic people will get if called upon to state what they can promise or have already done to carry out his fantasy. Same with health reform. Nobody wants to "give", only to "get".
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
n/a

Interesting questions, but I think this topic belongs in Political.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole131 View Post
I have heard that the numbers of attendees reported at some of these guest appearances have been over-reported. For instance, 25,000 for Glenn Beck? Some people feel that the crowd numbered more like 5,000. Same with Sarah Palin's last appearance. Beck's "plan" seems like what everyone wants, but how many are willing to make any kind of sacrifice? Let's hear how enthusiastic people will get if called upon to state what they can promise or have already done to carry out his fantasy. Same with health reform. Nobody wants to "give", only to "get".
What happend to that original number you threw out there of 125,000....still curious where you heard that ????
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole131 View Post
I was there so I cannot say how many people were there other than a whole lot. I spoke with several people who were from outside of TV. I didn't get a hint of welfare people but working stiffs who love God & country. These people could be revolutionaries. They are angry about government spending and control.

Will these people follow Becks 100 yr plan? I don't know. I am willing to bet they will for the next 3 or 4 elections. That is all they need. They know that if they get back to a conservative type government, with tax cuts for tax payers, that rewards work not sloth and a military that undertakes no war that it does not intend to win. they will prosper.

I was surprised at the number of young people who were there. I am encouraged.

The real question will prove to be: Does Glen Beck have enough followers to make a difference? Time will tell. I hope so.

Just some thoughts.

Yoda
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 AM
n/a

Default Feared

Glen Beck is one of the most intelligent men in the country a truly gifted thinker with a command of communication like few men in history. he is also a Conservative.

This is why he is a perfect example of what leads Liberals to fear him and begin their tirades to destroy him personally without any attempt to address the issues he raises.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
n/a

The larger figure was word-of-mouth. The lesser one was from the newspaper. An attendee gave his estimate.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
n/a

Default Entertainer/promoter

Many of us do not take Glenn Beck seriously...rather we view him as nothing more than an entertainer and promoter (and a good one at that).
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
n/a

Default FNC and Limbaugh are thriving

Beck and O'Reilly and FNC are posting massive ratings, consistently trouncing rival cable network news/opinion programs. The vast center-right numbers of the mainstream American populace have been stifled, conned and swindled by the corrupt pols of DC long enough; we're ready for the Revolution our founding fathers would demand.

Ask bold questions,
Speak without fear,
Hold to the truth
Old 11-24-2009, 08:37 AM
n/a

Default Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
Many of us do not take Glenn Beck seriously...rather we view him as nothing more than an entertainer and promoter (and a good one at that).
How would you describe Obama?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 AM
n/a

POTUS...with three years to go. Let's see how he does and we'll decide then.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
n/a

Default Too Late

That will be too late.

Why don't you hold off on Beck for three more years to be fair?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
n/a

Arrow Fyi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Glen Beck is one of the most intelligent men in the country a truly gifted thinker with a command of communication like few men in history. he is also a Conservative.

This is why he is a perfect example of what leads Liberals to fear him and begin their tirades to destroy him personally without any attempt to address the issues he raises.
I can't imagine why you think Liberals fear Glen Beck or Sarah Palin??? It's simply not true. What is your reasoning behind this statement. Just curious???
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
What is it that Glen Beck says, that you disagree with?

Yoda
Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
n/a

He plays loose with facts and often prefaces a comment thusly" "I can't prove this, but what if..."
Isn't that called "making things up?"
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
n/a

Arrow Right On!

Quote:
He plays loose with facts and often prefaces a comment thusly" "I can't prove this, but what if..."
Isn't that called "making things up?"
I agree! He's not a commentator, he's a storyteller, including all the tears and drama.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.