POTUS speech at Ft.Meyer!

Old 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM
n/a

Default POTUS speech at Ft.Meyer!

Is this the NEW post Bannon President? IMO the most rational and informative speech during his time in office. There appears to be hope of a transformation into what we expect to hear from the President.
Keep on praying!
I voted for Sanders.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Is this the NEW post Bannon President? IMO the most rational and informative speech during his time in office. There appears to be hope of a transformation into what we expect to hear from the President.
Keep on praying!
I voted for Sanders.
Best part...

"“A core pillar of our new strategy is a shift from a time-based approach to one based on conditions,” @POTUS says cbsn.ws/2ws9Int"
Old 08-21-2017, 08:52 PM
n/a

Talking Sounds promising.

It sounds promising.

In World War II we allowed the Generals in charge of the various theaters of war direct their troops...........and we won.

In Vietnam the war was micro-managed by President Johnson from the White House..........and we didn't win.

President Obama tried to micro-manage the war on terrorists in several countries, but didn't have the stomach for battle, so we didn't win.

President Trump just unleashed the Generals, and particularly Secretary of Defense Mattis, to manage the war according to battle conditions on the ground.

This sounds promising.

Carl in Tampa

Old 08-21-2017, 09:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
It sounds promising.

In World War II we allowed the Generals in charge of the various theaters of war direct their troops...........and we won.

In Vietnam the war was micro-managed by President Johnson from the White House..........and we didn't win.

President Obama tried to micro-manage the war on terrorists in several countries, but didn't have the stomach for battle, so we didn't win.

President Trump just unleashed the Generals, and particularly Secretary of Defense Mattis, to manage the war according to battle conditions on the ground.

This sounds promising.

Carl in Tampa

Sounds like a good idea. Probably the input of his new Chief of Staff.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:47 AM
n/a

common sense prevails. Wars should never be led by politicians In fact not much should be led by today's politicians.

Before one goes to war the most important question to be asked and answered is "what is the intended outcome?" And usually the answer is "to win" How win is defined depends and the Generals are in a better position to decide.

Wars run by politicians never result in anything except continual debate and indecision

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-22-2017, 08:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcxr750 View Post
I voted for Sanders.
Yeah we could have all been going to college forever...too bad Crooked Hillary, the DNC, and Obama had other plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 08:15 AM
n/a

Without a doubt his best public presentation to date.

What I find to be utterly amazing is all the lettered media networks last night went immediately to their regular programming. No comment. No follow up. No response.
Nothing.

Most media sources are very low profile if even existent this morning.

And even here on this forum, no response from the usual(s).

They are be adhering to that time honored expression...if you cannot say something nice don't say anything at all.

Rand Paul made his usual upchuck catharsis after the speech.....so that doesn't count...SOS contrarian whack job!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:

What I find to be utterly amazing is all the lettered media networks last night went immediately to their regular programming. No comment. No follow up. No response.
Nothing.

They are be adhering to that time honored expression...if you cannot say something nice don't say anything at all.

Rand Paul made his usual upchuck catharsis after the speech.....so that doesn't count...SOS contrarian whack job!
Well, no response you say !!!!

Well, I did respond in post 2 PLUS comments on two other threads about this event.

Are you folks just looking for things to complain about ?

You read what you WANT to read....you comprehend in the manner you WISH to comprehend.

Do not let facts get in your way.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 AM
n/a

Quote:

Nothing.

I listened very carefully and heard no mention of how we were going to pay for the new ramp up of troops let alone pay for the last sixteen years. We have thrown billions and billions of dollars away, killed thousands of innocent citizens (collateral damage I think it is called), sacrificed the lives of too many of our troups, and have thousands of physically wounded and PTSD cases we will be paying for their entire lives. All without paying a damn cent, all on the credit card. That new multi billion dollar aircraft carrier we just dropped in the water doesn't help a bit but sure is impressive. I still maintain if we were paying for this real time the war would have been over 15.5 years ago. It is easy to be a hawk when your grandchildren are paying for it. IMHO
Old 08-22-2017, 11:57 AM
n/a

What's interesting is that we no longer hear of an "exit strategy". Never in our history have we had an exit strategy when we went to war. "Exit strategy" was a term made up by Democrats in an attempt to win elections.

The exit strategy of any war or military action should be to defeat the enemy. Once that is accomplished then we stabilize the region. We never exit until we know for sure that the bad guys are not in charge any longer and there is almost no chance of them being in charge. That is why we still had troops in Germany and Japan for decades after WW2 ended.

I can't believe how many people fell for this political ploy.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well, no response you say !!!!

Well, I did respond in post 2 PLUS comments on two other threads about this event.

Are you folks just looking for things to complain about ?

You read what you WANT to read....you comprehend in the manner you WISH to comprehend.

Do not let facts get in your way.
I was speaking in terms of the general usual bombarding of Trump anything.....which is still holding true at almost 1 PM. Of course there will be exceptions. Unlike the media and partisan requirements, the majority is of significance to many of us.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:11 PM
n/a

Talking Kelly must have thumped him upside the head...

Even with reading directly off of his teleprompter, to the exclusion of seldom looking at the camera...Trump's ego strikes again.

This was the absolute perfect opportunity for Trump to utter the simple words "I was wrong," yet his massive hubris...just wouldn't allow it.

Although anyone with a modicum of intelligence realized that Trump WAS, in a roundabout way, admitting that he was wrong, when he ran his mouth in the last few years regarding what we should do in Afghanistan...he just couldn't bring himself to actually say it out loud.

Now let's see how long he can last...staying on script.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Even with reading directly off of his teleprompter, to the exclusion of seldom looking at the camera...Trump's ego strikes again.

This was the absolute perfect opportunity for Trump to utter the simple words "I was wrong," yet his massive hubris...just wouldn't allow it.

Although anyone with a modicum of intelligence realized that Trump WAS, in a roundabout way, admitting that he was wrong, when he ran his mouth in the last few years regarding what we should do in Afghanistan...he just couldn't bring himself to actually say it out loud.

Now let's see how long he can last...staying on script.
I remember when Trump said he didn't like telelprompters. His reasoning is obvious. He reads like a fifth grader.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Tags
president, speech, transformation, hope, expect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.