Gun laws

Old 06-10-2016, 07:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
As Moses said....out of my cold dead hands!!!!!!!!!!

No guns.....another self gratifying wet dream!
I don't think Moses carried a gun. It may have looked like a rifle but I think it was a long crooked stick.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why, in The Villages, do you feel it is necessary to carry a handgun?

I could understand it if you were frequenting Wildwood after dark or walking around parts of Orlando after dark - but The Villages in the daytime or anytime.

Are you that scared? I even know of one Villager who claims he answers his front door with his pistol held at his side. Another is a 96 year old man who is wheelchair bound and carries a pistol in the side compartment of the wheelchair - inside the house.

Another Villager even posted that he carried his pistol while going to Dunkin Donuts at 6:30 a.m. Why? Being scared of everyday life is no way to live. I have lived for over 70 years and never felt it necessary to carry a gun - except for my time in the Army, of course.

i am sure all know the law about being in a bar or bar section while carrying. Hopefully, all follow that law.
Some folks are fools. They walk around thinking that nothing will ever happen to them. Then when confronted with the dangerous situation and happen to be blessed/lucky enough to get out of it alive, they will blame the police.

Why do I carry when in The Villages? Because a gun is just a tool to me and it will not do me any good if I leave my tool at home when I might need it. The Villages is not a real bubble even though you live in that bubble in your head. I would rather have the gun with me and not ever need to use it, than to not have it when someone is being killed, or raped when I would have been able to assist them. I would render assistance to your family when you can't help them. But, I do it for my family most of all. For protection. If you had ever been in law enforcement, even for a short while, you would look at the world with open eyes.
Just because you liberals don't like guns, why do you wish to ban them from others that are not afraid of them and that may very well save your hide at some future time? No one is mandating that you carry a gun. No one is even mandating that you own a gun. But, that does not mean that you need to stick your long @ss nose into our business when it has nothing to do with you. You have people walking past you every day carrying guns and you don't even know it.
You say you are 70 years old. I wonder how you would fare against a couple of young punks that want to take your money. They don't just take it anymore, they also assault and many times murder their victims.
Is 70 too old to carry a gun? Well, I have been beat playing pickleball by guys and gals in their 80's. I see them shooting pool with people half their age and can still beat them. I still see them operating cars (scary thought) and can do so without killing themselves or others (in most cases). So, if you are afraid of a gun, don't buy one. My daughter carries one and she teaches her children how to shoot. I gave my 11 year old his first 22. This year he shot his first 8 point buck, but not with the 22.
Guns are just tools. They don't feel, they don't kill, and they don't operate on their own.

I do not frequent bars, to answer your question. I will not even carry my pistol if I go to someone's home where I might have a glass of wine with dinner.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Some folks are fools. They walk around thinking that nothing will ever happen to them. Then when confronted with the dangerous situation and happen to be blessed/lucky enough to get out of it alive, they will blame the police.

Why do I carry when in The Villages? Because a gun is just a tool to me and it will not do me any good if I leave my tool at home when I might need it. The Villages is not a real bubble even though you live in that bubble in your head. I would rather have the gun with me and not ever need to use it, than to not have it when someone is being killed, or raped when I would have been able to assist them. I would render assistance to your family when you can't help them. But, I do it for my family most of all. For protection. If you had ever been in law enforcement, even for a short while, you would look at the world with open eyes.
Just because you liberals don't like guns, why do you wish to ban them from others that are not afraid of them and that may very well save your hide at some future time? No one is mandating that you carry a gun. No one is even mandating that you own a gun. But, that does not mean that you need to stick your long @ss nose into our business when it has nothing to do with you. You have people walking past you every day carrying guns and you don't even know it.
You say you are 70 years old. I wonder how you would fare against a couple of young punks that want to take your money. They don't just take it anymore, they also assault and many times murder their victims.
Is 70 too old to carry a gun? Well, I have been beat playing pickleball by guys and gals in their 80's. I see them shooting pool with people half their age and can still beat them. I still see them operating cars (scary thought) and can do so without killing themselves or others (in most cases). So, if you are afraid of a gun, don't buy one. My daughter carries one and she teaches her children how to shoot. I gave my 11 year old his first 22. This year he shot his first 8 point buck, but not with the 22.
Guns are just tools. They don't feel, they don't kill, and they don't operate on their own.

I do not frequent bars, to answer your question. I will not even carry my pistol if I go to someone's home where I might have a glass of wine with dinner.
No where did I say I wanted banning guns or any type of gun control, so leave that out of the conversation. I never said I was scared of a gun, so leave that out, too.

You answered the question and I accept what you said. I have been in The Vilages over 6 years and there has not been a violent crime until a few days ago. If you had been at that scene, you could have helped.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
No where did I say I wanted banning guns or any type of gun control, so leave that out of the conversation. I never said I was scared of a gun, so leave that out, too.

You answered the question and I accept what you said. I have been in The Vilages over 6 years and there has not been a violent crime until a few days ago. If you had been at that scene, you could have helped.
Then I misunderstood your comment and I apologize.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
No where in my above post did I say anything about taking away guns.

The question remains: Why do you feel the NEED to carry a handgun while in The Villages? Are you actually scared of everyday life or what?
Why do the police carry a gun while in TV? Are they actually scared of every day life?
Why do you have home owners or auto insurance? Are you scared something might happen to your home or auto in every day life?

When ever a non gun person or worse an anti gunner gets on the stage they always use the same illogical smoke jobs that fill in the point they want to make or agenda they want to promote.....even when it makes no sense at all!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why do the police carry a gun while in TV? Are they actually scared of every day life?
They are hired to enforce the law. You're a volunteer.
Everyone needs to trust that all the volunteers know what they are doing. How likely is that?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why do you have home owners or auto insurance? Are you scared something might happen to your home or auto in every day life?
Because the bank requires homeowners insurance and the state requires car insurance.

If you feel the NEED to carry a gun, go ahead and do it. Just be careful and don't shoot your little wee-wee off.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
They are hired to enforce the law. You're a volunteer.
Everyone needs to trust that all the volunteers know what they are doing. How likely is that?
With quotas and affirmative action, 20% of the "professionals" got there without merit, why would you think they know what they're doing?
Old 06-11-2016, 12:43 PM
n/a

"Quote:
Why do you have home owners or auto insurance? Are you scared something might happen to your home or auto in every day life?"

Quote:
Because the bank requires homeowners insurance and the state requires car insurance.

If you feel the NEED to carry a gun, go ahead and do it. Just be careful and don't shoot your little wee-wee off.
Because the bank and state KNOW things happen in every day life! It might not happen to YOU, but it WILL happen to someone. Every day there are house fires, every day there are car accidents.

Don't live your life with blinders on. Look around, not just straight ahead. There's more to the world than you and your life.

That's the trouble with "liberals" they go through life with blinders and rose colored glasses. They think the utopia they imagine can work. Sure, if EVERYONE was you. Unfortunately there are REAL people in the real world who don't play nice with others. We've already locked up 2,217,947 people. More than the population of these states:

New Mexico 2,085,109
Nebraska 1,896,190
West Virginia 1,844,128
Idaho 1,654,930
Hawaii 1,431,603
New Hampshire 1,330,608
Maine 1,329,328
Rhode Island 1,056,298
Montana 1,032,949
Delaware 945,934
South Dakota 858,469
North Dakota 756,927
Alaska 738,432
DC 672,228
Vermont 626,042
Wyoming 586,107

How many more until you can get your utopia?

The trouble is...the trouble comes mostly from those whom you protect...the minorities. Only 1/3 of the prisoners are white, and it's because minorities are more violent. Why would liberals want MORE violent people? It doesn't make sense does it? "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder".
Old 06-11-2016, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
With quotas and affirmative action, 20% of the "professionals" got there without merit, why would you think they know what they're doing?
You know better then the professionals. Is that correct?
Old 06-12-2016, 04:05 AM
n/a

Quote:

Methinks this master baiter be a female.
Her references and commentary are dead give aways.
How sad
Old 06-12-2016, 04:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Methinks this master baiter be a female.
Her references and commentary are dead give aways.
How sad
I agree with her sentiments but wee-wee is baby talk and I hate baby talk. I never baby talked to my kids. Sure I'd do all those silly noises when they were infants to get a smile or laugh, but that's about it. [sorry-to go off topic].
Old 06-12-2016, 06:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
You know better then the professionals. Is that correct?
Sometimes.

A "professional" simply means they get paid. It doesn't guarantee competence or knowledge.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:36 PM
n/a

" Wee - Wee " ? Good Grief Lucy !

By The Way : I think that " Lucy " was / is a member of the LGBT Community .
Old 06-13-2016, 06:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well it looks like the dems are getting their way with gun laws.( In todays news) This is respect to concealed carry. I'll say one thing,if they are successful in limiting or eliminating guns in this country it will be the end of freedom. It has been said before the criminals will always get a gun if they want one. Why in the h--l are the law a bidding citizens penalized. Why is the American born citizen penalized. obama and the democrats are destroying the country we all worked hard for . We are weaker than ever and broke. I just hope the h--l Trump gets in and does what he has said he would do. I am beginning to wonder though. Maybe he was the plant to make sure Clinton got in. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Big terrorist attack in Orlando. Obama bringing thousands of in-vetted people from the Mideast here and Obama wants to disarm American Citizens? What is that all about?

Tags
gun, country, hope, h--l, penalized

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.