Disaster Managemen CDDs

Old 09-08-2017, 07:09 PM
n/a

Unhappy Disaster Managemen CDDs

I am sure (T-in-C) the Royal Family of The Villages, in their apparent desire to create and control the money-making, de facto and de jure quasi-governmental entities called CDD's, were motivated exclusively to create a senior-citizen paradise. I am just as sure they never realized how much money they were saving by using CDD’s to avoid many of the expensive infrastructures true local governments were required, by state law, to have in place.

The current storm is a case in point. I just checked our three local counties web-sites. There are 28 hurricane certified shelters in the tri-county area. Not one is inside the boundary of The Villages. The rec centers can’t be used as shelters because they are made of wood. And the “independent” CDD’s have no right to build one unless the Royal Family approves (which they would not).

Yet, I would bet the 2-foot thick walls of code-restrictionless Morse Castle in the heart of The Villages would stop a tornado. It probably also has; a roof tied to the ground; a gas generator with a gas tank capable of keeping every circuit in the house working for at least a month; a food storage area that would rival Publix; and a cistern or water filter that could keep the fountains of Rome running for years. I would suspect this applies to the horse barns as well.

This last paragraph is an aside. If the Royal Family made themselves public few people would write suppositionally as I just did, but if they want to be secretive about everything, I should be allowed to speculate to my heart’s content. To me it’s very unnerving to live under a dictator you never see (Big Brother?). I think it’s a shame too - I bet the Morse’s are a very nice family, and I very would like to meet them personally to thank them for creating such a beautiful place, but if you never see them having fun in this beautiful place, you must ask yourself why? Wouldn’t it be great to see one or all of them line-
Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 PM
n/a

Thumbs down Class Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
dddave

I am sure (T-in-C) the Royal Family of The Villages, in their apparent desire to create and control the money-making, de facto and de jure quasi-governmental entities called CDD's, were motivated exclusively to create a senior-citizen paradise. I am just as sure they never realized how much money they were saving by using CDD’s to avoid many of the expensive infrastructures true local governments were required, by state law, to have in place.

The current storm is a case in point. I just checked our three local counties web-sites. There are 28 hurricane certified shelters in the tri-county area. Not one is inside the boundary of The Villages. The rec centers can’t be used as shelters because they are made of wood. And the “independent” CDD’s have no right to build one unless the Royal Family approves (which they would not).

Yet, I would bet the 2-foot thick walls of code-restrictionless Morse Castle in the heart of The Villages would stop a tornado. It probably also has; a roof tied to the ground; a gas generator with a gas tank capable of keeping every circuit in the house working for at least a month; a food storage area that would rival Publix; and a cistern or water filter that could keep the fountains of Rome running for years. I would suspect this applies to the horse barns as well.

This last paragraph is an aside. If the Royal Family made themselves public few people would write suppositionally as I just did, but if they want to be secretive about everything, I should be allowed to speculate to my heart’s content. To me it’s very unnerving to live under a dictator you never see (Big Brother?). I think it’s a shame too - I bet the Morse’s are a very nice family, and I very would like to meet them personally to thank them for creating such a beautiful place, but if you never see them having fun in this beautiful place, you must ask yourself why? Wouldn’t it be great to see one or all of them line-
Class warfare raises its ugly head. Masked, of course, by a few obligatory words about how nice the family probably is.

Having once provided security advice to one of the richest men in the United States, I can assure you that one of the greatest fears of the super-wealthy is the kidnapping of family members. And, ANONYMITY is an even better defense than bodyguards. For all you know, they are out and among us daily.

But.........they are not obligated to be.

Carl in Tampa

Old 09-08-2017, 07:37 PM
n/a

They probably flew out days ago.

Although their compound might be able to survive with little or no damage, they were probably concerned about flying pieces and parts of the houses...they built for the hoi polloi.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
They probably flew out days ago.

Although their compound might be able to survive with little or no damage, they were probably concerned about flying pieces and parts of the houses...they built for the hoi polloi.
Urban Dictionary: class envy
Old 09-08-2017, 07:52 PM
n/a

Quote:

How frequently would The Villages need a shelter? That is the trouble with liberals who enjoy spending money like pouring sand down a rat hole on things that rarely happen or aren't a huge issue. Like having transgender bathrooms when the percentage of people who are transgender is less than one percent.

Transgender people can use the bathroom of the sex they believe they are and Villagers can shelter at friends or at a hotel when the very uncommon thing happens that is happening this weekend.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceless
Hardly.

I could have easily chartered a flight days ago myself.

But I have to say, that the projection coming from someone who has shown nothing but a lack of class and a nasty, passive-aggressive personality...makes me appreciate the laughs you provide.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 09-09-2017, 06:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
How frequently would The Villages need a shelter? That is the trouble with liberals who enjoy spending money like pouring sand down a rat hole on things that rarely happen or aren't a huge issue. Like having transgender bathrooms when the percentage of people who are transgender is less than one percent.

Transgender people can use the bathroom of the sex they believe they are and Villagers can shelter at friends or at a hotel when the very uncommon thing happens that is happening this weekend.
Not very often...and probably not this time either...as the storm is forecast to go along the west coast and not hit the villages directly.

They love to waste lots of money on an equality that doesn't exist either. You wait...the minorities in Tampa will all need to be cared for after this is over. EVERYTHING will have to be done for them, they'll need everything done/provided for them...by WHITE people who will fix and rebuild everything. While they'll sit on their ass and complain things aren't happening fast enough.

WHY don't they put them to work while they're sheltered? Idle hands you know...
Old 09-09-2017, 07:48 AM
n/a

Everyone in a shelter...tell me how equal" they are when this is all over and you've had to live with them for a few days.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:59 AM
n/a

Members of the family are out and about among us more than many know.

Are they supposed to hang a sign around their neck to verify presence?
Should we have sighting reports?

While entitled to an opinion, the sour grapes and allegations sound like prejudice out loud.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:07 AM
n/a

So, asking to have the government protect American victims from a hurricane immediately defines me as a "liberal".

Mr. Conservative, I have been the Red Cross Disaster Captain for a major southern city. In all the disasters I managed in that city there were never enough shelters, and people died as a result.

Mr. Conservative are you aware that a nice size shelter could be built at the cost of one guided bomb?

I am a republican and have voted republican since 1976.

All it took to make you judgement of me was one sentence and a closed mind.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Members of the family are out and about among us more than many know.

Are they supposed to hang a sign around their neck to verify presence?
Should we have sighting reports?

While entitled to an opinion, the sour grapes and allegations sound like prejudice out loud.
I agree. They do not seem to enjoy attention or adulation. It is my opinion that Mark Morse lay sleepless last night in his house across the street from our village, hoping that his builders had built safe homes for us all. Most of us take pride in our work and his would be justifiable in my book.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave View Post

Pack your $hit and move!

You are unhappy about the quality of your home and the quality of life in TV...fu(king move away and be happy!

Why stay where you are so unhappy???

I will help you pack!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2017, 12:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
So, asking to have the government protect American victims from a hurricane immediately defines me as a "liberal".

Mr. Conservative, I have been the Red Cross Disaster Captain for a major southern city. In all the disasters I managed in that city there were never enough shelters, and people died as a result.

Mr. Conservative are you aware that a nice size shelter could be built at the cost of one guided bomb?

I am a republican and have voted republican since 1976.

All it took to make you judgement of me was one sentence and a closed mind.
Yes it does...the shelters are there for people with NO other means...not for EVERYONE.

If they had the means...they shouldn't have needed a shelter...shelters should ONLY be for those without any other means.

How many "shelters" is a place supposed to have? Enough for EVERYONE?

Quote:
Pack your $hit and move!

You are unhappy about the quality of your home and the quality of life in TV...fu(king move away and be happy!

I will help you pack!!

And the worst part is...they want to bring the animals HERE...to live among us...to make us ALL unhappy!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Pack your $hit and move!

I will help you pack!!

I guess some folks are not happy, no matter where they live.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
I agree. They do not seem to enjoy attention or adulation. It is my opinion that Mark Morse lay sleepless last night in his house across the street from our village, hoping that his builders had built safe homes for us all. Most of us take pride in our work and his would be justifiable in my book.
Sleepless? Passed out? How can you tell the difference from across the street?

Tags
family, place, villages, royal, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.