Mitch McConnel in CYA catharsis

Old 08-08-2017, 06:05 PM
n/a

Default Mitch McConnel in CYA catharsis

The political, business as usual, do nothing establishment striking out against those who would dare to get something done:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell vents about Trump's 'excessive expectations' regarding legislation - ABC News

McConnel is almost as hypocritical as Reid, Pelosi and Hoyer.

How very very sad......for America!!
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The political, business as usual, do nothing establishment striking out against those who would dare to get something done:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell vents about Trump's 'excessive expectations' regarding legislation - ABC News

McConnel is almost as hypocritical as Reid, Pelosi and Hoyer.

How very very sad......for America!!
To quote NEWT GINGERICH on this ......

""The fact is with a very narrow margin — 52 people — Mitch McConnell got 49 out of 52. I think the president can't disassociate himself from this," Gingrich said in an interview on Fox News on Thursday morning. "[Trump] is part of the leadership team. He is not an observer sitting up in the stands. He is on the field. It was a collective failure."

Trump ally Gingrich defends McConnell as president continues on tear over health care defeat - ABC News

The guy you love and support and defend on everything is not a plus for the Republicans....heck he refers to his own party as "THEY".

He did nothing with his bully pulpit to help any health bill. He spent his time obsessing over the Russian investigation or rehashing the election over and over.

He is not an asset to much of anything right now. But I am sure it is not his fault.....must be the media for reporting WHAT HE SAYS and WHAT HE DOES.....isn't that terrible !!!
Old 08-10-2017, 01:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
To quote NEWT GINGERICH on this ......

""The fact is with a very narrow margin — 52 people — Mitch McConnell got 49 out of 52. I think the president can't disassociate himself from this," Gingrich said in an interview on Fox News on Thursday morning. "[Trump] is part of the leadership team. He is not an observer sitting up in the stands. He is on the field. It was a collective failure."

Trump ally Gingrich defends McConnell as president continues on tear over health care defeat - ABC News

The guy you love and support and defend on everything is not a plus for the Republicans....heck he refers to his own party as "THEY".

He did nothing with his bully pulpit to help any health bill. He spent his time obsessing over the Russian investigation or rehashing the election over and over.

He is not an asset to much of anything right now. But I am sure it is not his fault.....must be the media for reporting WHAT HE SAYS and WHAT HE DOES.....isn't that terrible !!!
So doing nothing politics as usual is OK.
Say what you will, McConnel is nothing more than a politics as usual, drag your feet, to hell with we the people, establishment, died in the wool partisan.....a resident member of the swamp.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
So doing nothing politics as usual is OK.
Say what you will, McConnel is nothing more than a politics as usual, drag your feet, to hell with we the people, establishment, died in the wool partisan.....a resident member of the swamp.
Hey, I was rooting for new health care bill, however let me point out that it did not happen because our President NEVER even visited congress to excercise the power of the presidency.

The President did not talk privately with those he wanted to convince....he attacked them PUBLICLY and with threats.

These are not sign of leadership, and was that the reason for the loss...do not know, nor do you.

I DO KNOW you are criticizing the senate majority leader ONLY because Trump did..only reason.

Doing nothin politics is YOUR WORD, YOUR ACCUSATION and you say that FOR Trump because you know no more than I.

Who knows..if Trump shuts his big mouth...if Trump had kept his criticisms private....if he has spent more time on this issue than HIMSELF and attacking everyone else it may have passed in some fashion.

His public taunts are FOR people like you. He uses you to not blame himself. If you are able to pinpoint exactly why you blame the Senate leader, then tell us....the President NEVER offers why he blames who he blames.

We just know that it cannot be his fault.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:38 PM
n/a

The Republican Congress better re-group and re-think their positions because the voters held their noses and voted for change

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Republican Congress better re-group and re-think their positions because the voters held their noses and voted for change

Personal Best Regards:
Heard this twice and it rings true.

We now have a "woe is me" Presidency. He doesn't do he work and blames everyone else for his woes. Does not make for much progress.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Hey, I was rooting for new health care bill, however let me point out that it did not happen because our President NEVER even visited congress to excercise the power of the presidency.

The President did not talk privately with those he wanted to convince....he attacked them PUBLICLY and with threats.

These are not sign of leadership, and was that the reason for the loss...do not know, nor do you.

I DO KNOW you are criticizing the senate majority leader ONLY because Trump did..only reason.

Doing nothin politics is YOUR WORD, YOUR ACCUSATION and you say that FOR Trump because you know no more than I.

Who knows..if Trump shuts his big mouth...if Trump had kept his criticisms private....if he has spent more time on this issue than HIMSELF and attacking everyone else it may have passed in some fashion.

His public taunts are FOR people like you. He uses you to not blame himself. If you are able to pinpoint exactly why you blame the Senate leader, then tell us....the President NEVER offers why he blames who he blames.

We just know that it cannot be his fault.
The highlights above are intended to magnify false or feel good to accommodate your position statements.

Instead of risking validity with such BS try making a point without second guessing what is not known!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
The highlights above are intended to magnify false or feel good to accommodate your position statements.

Instead of risking validity with such BS try making a point without second guessing what is not known!
This is your position yet you never allow a reason or reasoning...sort of like your hero....

"McConnel is nothing more than a politics as usual, drag your feet, to hell with we the people, establishment, died in the wool partisan.....a resident member of the swamp."

Quite a well thought out position and of course YOU DO KNOW.

I keep saying and you keep ignoring that I wanted the same outcome on health insurance as you.

Our difference of opinion is simply that you exonerate the President of all blame, and as he does...say "woe me" it is not MY fault...always somebody else.

We agree on the policy......but your blind defense of this person is simply dazzling. HE has the bully pulpit and if he would shut up about Clinton, Obama, Russian investigation, and others he doesnt
like and concentrate on what he was elected to do...GOVERN, things would change quickly.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is your position yet you never allow a reason or reasoning...sort of like your hero....

"McConnel is nothing more than a politics as usual, drag your feet, to hell with we the people, establishment, died in the wool partisan.....a resident member of the swamp."

Quite a well thought out position and of course YOU DO KNOW.

I keep saying and you keep ignoring that I wanted the same outcome on health insurance as you.

Our difference of opinion is simply that you exonerate the President of all blame, and as he does...say "woe me" it is not MY fault...always somebody else.

We agree on the policy......but your blind defense of this person is simply dazzling. HE has the bully pulpit and if he would shut up about Clinton, Obama, Russian investigation, and others he doesnt
like and concentrate on what he was elected to do...GOVERN, things would change quickly.
You are wasting a lot of verbiage.
While MY ISSUE is with McConnel, you insist upon turning it into a Trump what ever yo decide to make of it issue.

My opinion/position of McConnel being the do nothing, establishment, partisan blinded, way past his prime, beholding to too many more other than we the people......does not have a damn thing to do with Trump.

Why is that so difficult to acknowledge?

Close the door, get to the table with those who need to be there and do not come out until a solution is agreed upon.
I do not care for executives who can only come up with more reasons why something/anything cannot be done......which is what business as usual by the cronies do constantly.

And unfortunately there is too much of a constituency that not only accepts but tolerates such incompetence.

Reminder: I am talking about McConnel and all the other congressmen in his age and peer group.......NOT TRUMP!!!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
You are wasting a lot of verbiage.
While MY ISSUE is with McConnel, you insist upon turning it into a Trump what ever yo decide to make of it issue.

My opinion/position of McConnel being the do nothing, establishment, partisan blinded, way past his prime, beholding to too many more other than we the people......does not have a damn thing to do with Trump.

Why is that so difficult to acknowledge?

Close the door, get to the table with those who need to be there and do not come out until a solution is agreed upon.
I do not care for executives who can only come up with more reasons why something/anything cannot be done......which is what business as usual by the cronies do constantly.

And unfortunately there is too much of a constituency that not only accepts but tolerates such incompetence.

Reminder: I am talking about McConnel and all the other congressmen in his age and peer group.......NOT TRUMP!!!
I disagree and quite a bit.

THE PRESIDENT sets the agenda. THE PRESIDENT is to offer up legislation.

He then is supposed to fight for HIS bill in the halls of congress.

I do not withhold criticism of congress in anyway on this failure, but to completely and totally ignore the failings of the administration is not only strange but certainly uninformed and sounds like blind allegiance to man and not a country.

He shares in the blame a lot yet you exonerate him....strange

PS.....In a way you are complementing Obama. I also was opposed to the health bill he proposed, BUT he owned it and did not run from it. He worked hard with congress to get the votes he needed. He met them in "working meetings" not PR stunts to work on the languate and problems. Trump did nothing but every time he heard even a question on the bill...never mind who or the question, he immediately attacked them and publicly. There were democrats who opposed the initial ACA bill, but nobody made violent public threats against them as President Trump did. I want change also but the guy in the oval is obsessed with the Russian investigation and Obama and Clinton or anything he sees as a slight to HIM PERSONALLY. Governing is work.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
I disagree and quite a bit.

THE PRESIDENT sets the agenda. THE PRESIDENT is to offer up legislation.

He then is supposed to fight for HIS bill in the halls of congress.

I do not withhold criticism of congress in anyway on this failure, but to completely and totally ignore the failings of the administration is not only strange but certainly uninformed and sounds like blind allegiance to man and not a country. BS!

He shares in the blame a lot yet you exonerate him....strange.....you are making up stories to suit yourself again!

PS.....In a way you are complementing Obama.

I also was opposed to the health bill he proposed, BUT he owned it and did not run from it. He worked hard with congress to get the votes he needed. He met them in "working meetings" not PR stunts to work on the languate and problems. Trump did nothing but every time he heard even a question on the bill...never mind who or the question, he immediately attacked them and publicly. There were democrats who opposed the initial ACA bill, but nobody made violent public threats against them as President Trump did. I want change also but the guy in the oval is obsessed with the Russian investigation and Obama and Clinton or anything he sees as a slight to HIM PERSONALLY. Governing is work.
You are determined to make it your subject......it is not.

I want to talk about McConnel. You want to engage in Trump pi$$terics.......no thanks.

My post....not yours. Just don't restate what i have to say or think....right or wrong.

Where is that ignore button when it is needed.
I am done with this one!!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are determined to make it your subject......it is not.

I want to talk about McConnel. You want to engage in Trump pi$$terics.......no thanks.

My post....not yours. Just don't restate what i have to say or think....right or wrong.

Where is that ignore button when it is needed.
I am done with this one!!
Well, will surely let it be, but thought it was a discussion.

I certainly have issues with Trump, but when an issue (healthcare) is brought up I pretty much am wide open.

You are hell bent on laying all of this on congress, and absolving the WH. I disagree totally and would no matter who the President is because that is real..

But you can bash congress and allow nothing to soil Trump...I will back off, but you surely owe to those who read this REASONS why it is all the Senate leaders fault and not just flaming rhetoric.

My only left question left is WHICH version....WHICH bill are you laying at the Senates feet ?

My other question would be you blame one man...what was he to do....you folks preach anti congress and ask them not to vote party but nation and when they do....bang...you hit them over the head.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, will surely let it be, but thought it was a discussion.

I certainly have issues with Trump, but when an issue (healthcare) is brought up I pretty much am wide open.

You are hell bent on laying all of this on congress, and absolving the WH. I disagree totally and would no matter who the President is because that is real..

But you can bash congress and allow nothing to soil Trump...I will back off, but you surely owe to those who read this REASONS why it is all the Senate leaders fault and not just flaming rhetoric.

My only left question left is WHICH version....WHICH bill are you laying at the Senates feet ?

My other question would be you blame one man...what was he to do....you folks preach anti congress and ask them not to vote party but nation and when they do....bang...you hit them over the head.
You really do need to stop manufacturing what you think other people are saying!

I did not exhonorate Trump in any of my posts. You did or whatever it is you do with what folks say to make your case fit.

Discussion. You jest. A real discussion would allow differing opinions and views.
A real discussion would not include the re-inerpretation of other people's commentary.

Perhaps it is an issue you have with what it is you want to hear.
Or an understanding that if one does not share the same view or opinions you feel obligated to massage what was said.

How about you stick with what you think and say without always re-stating what the other person said. Hit the quote button then make your spiel, hopefully on the subject of the post.

This one is definitely worn out and no longer even amusing!

Tags
mcconnel, hypocritical, reid, america, sad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.