The health care iceberg slowly reveals itself:

Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM
n/a

Default The health care iceberg slowly reveals itself:

Why ObamaCare Will Force Americans to Lose the Health Care Coverage They Have and Like

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/Upload...ort_5_1_12.pdf

So start adding up those companies that have already been authorized to opt out, then those still to come to opt out, to which one adds all the companies that will drop employees for the lucrative savings pointed out in the above report.....it all adds up to;
...employers make out and save big $$$$ over future years.
...insurance companies make out as their prices rise to meet the demand of folks trying to retain parity in a failing to cover environment.
...Obama and the federal government will make out as they continue to fool the people.
...we the people get the short end of the stick as they wind up paying more for those that have opted out or dropped employees AND the yet to be fully defined, staggering ever increasing cost as the rest of the ice berg emerges.

I, like the majority who were not in favor of this bill that got passed anyway, without anybody knowing what was in it continue to wait for this administration to fess up and tell us what is really going to happen with the future of their program.....if any of them have read it yet (why would they...it is passed and that is enough for them).

Get ready, the warnings continue each and every day.

btk
Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
n/a

The president is NOW...spending 8 BILLION dollars for an experiment that the CBO criticizes and the next person who supports this 8 BILLION dollar expenditure will be the first.

Why is he spending this money...because the first little tentacle of this bill will show itself right before the election however spending OUR money on this phony experiment will insure it will not be as public until AFTER the election.

"Earlier this week, the New York Post warned readers that the Obama administration planned to use an $8.3 billion in HHS appropriations as a “slush fund” to hide the impact of ObamaCare on choice options for seniors that would otherwise have hit just before the election in November. That same day, the General Accounting Office blasted the Obama administration for its attempt, and called on HHS to reverse itself. Today, Rep. John Kline, chair of the House Education and the Workforce Committee, confronted HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius over the GAO report, but Sebelius remained defiant — and insisted that the Obama administration would proceed with its slush-fund plans:"

Sebelius refuses to shut down “demonstration project” criticized by GAO « Hot Air
Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
n/a

On this issue the supporters of Obama are always hard to find!!If they are in support of what is going on in this area, I really would like to know that they do....and the buster...why?

btk
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
n/a

From todays Wall St Journal...

"One of the enduring mysteries of President Obama's health law is how its spending constraints and payroll tax hikes on high earners can be used to shore up Medicare finances and at the same time pay for a massive new entitlement program. Isn't this double counting?"

"The short answer is: Yes, it is. You can't spend the same money twice. And so, thanks to the new health law, federal deficits and debt will be hundreds of billions of dollars higher in the next decade alone."

Blahous and Capretta: Exposing the Medicare Double Count - WSJ.com

BILLIE, not only will you not see posters replying to this, but you will not see it much in the media...this "bookkeeping" and spending our money as with the 8 BILLION is just a dirty little secret. While BOTH parties have been and continue to be at blame, you will hear only one side, especially in the media.

This has become acceptable...the unemployment figure is now acceptable. Our goals have changed in this country !
Old 05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
n/a

Default So What?

I think there's a key quote from President Obama in the report published by the Ways & Means Committee. When demonstrating that the POTUS changed his pledge that people would be able to keep their health insurance, he was reported to have said..."some of the provisions that got snuck in might have violated (my) pledge."

With all the stuff that lobbyists and political opponents were stuffing into the Rube Goldberg of a bill at the last minute, do you think for a moment that one of Obama's political opponents might have inserted the time bomb language that has the results described in the House report? After all, few if any members of Congress actually read the bill before passing it...that much we know for sure. I know I believe that's a distinct possibility.

But even if the report is correct and something like one-third of all the people with employer provided health insurance lose it, I guess I might ask...so what?

The opponents of what's called ObamaCare have sued to get it overturned. The Supreme Court will rule on the question in a month or so. There's a good chance that the whole thing will be overturned, throwing tens of millions of people back onto the rolls of the totally uninsured.

So what's the difference whether the uninsured get there because of some possible political shenanigans leading to an economic decision made by their employer? Or people lose their coverage because of a politically-driven lawsuit? Either way, it throws our complete healthcare system into a huge mess, worse than it was before ObamaCare. The problem can only be fixed by some thoughtful discussion and compromise, leading to legislation that will replace ObamaCare. The alternative would be leaving tens of millions of Americans uninsured, so Congress really must do something. Right?

Who wants to rely on Congress to fix any problem like this? This Congress? This problem? Don't count me in.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
n/a

Default Get Off It, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
The president is NOW...spending 8 BILLION dollars for an experiment that the CBO criticizes and the next person who supports this 8 BILLION dollar expenditure will be the first....
$8 billion is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. And if the Supreme Court overrules ObamaCare on Constitutional grounds, $8 billion will be but a grain the sands of the size problem that will create.

So why don't you just get off beating us all to death with the $8 billion and begin to talk about what might be the real problem and how the country might address it?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
$8 billion is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. And if the Supreme Court overrules ObamaCare on Constitutional grounds, $8 billion will be but a grain the sands of the size problem that will create.

So why don't you just get off beating us all to death with the $8 billion and begin to talk about what might be the real problem and how the country might address it?
My point and I keep trying to make it is WHY he is spending this money and it gets no flak from you or anyone...he spends OUR money for politics and politics only.

You call it peanuts...it is about 20% of what Buffet would get this country and the President said it would solve all our problems. You think that is great for the country, but now the 8 BILLION dollars is peanuts.

Ok..will get off it....you just go on and on and you are not better than he is...it is all about politics. You pretend to be different but you are not.

Not getting personal and you dont care but lost respect !

I will surely drop it....used to learn from your posts..could get all of this from MSNBC..you know the FORWARD network.

Your protection of the President is noted..they stuck things in while he was touting it........and those who get angered at the results of this mess should be mad at one person only.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.