Fat Leonard

Old 07-22-2017, 02:50 PM
n/a

Default Fat Leonard

Curious. Is that retired US Navy Captain (former president of The Villages Republican Club) indicted in the "Fat Leonard" scheme that defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves still living in The Villages?
Old 07-22-2017, 02:57 PM
n/a

Question Why ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Curious. Is that retired US Navy Captain (former president of The Villages Republican Club) indicted in the "Fat Leonard" scheme that defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves still living in The Villages?
Why do you ask?

Want to break out the torches and pitchforks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I trust that you are aware that he has been charged, but has not yet entered a plea, much less been found guilty of anything.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Why do you ask?

Why do you care if he asks?
Old 07-22-2017, 03:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Can I play too? Why do you care why he cares?
Old 07-22-2017, 03:07 PM
n/a

As I said, just curious. Why so defensive?
Old 07-22-2017, 03:23 PM
n/a

Talking Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
One might infer that he seeks to denigrate The Villages Republican Club by making an issue of the allegation that their former President was someone who "defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves."

Or perhaps he just wants to "run the scoundrel out of town." The "torches and pitchforks" reference would make that allusion plain to the observant.

But, the fact is that the Captain is not charged with having "defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves," but rather of having had his wife accept an expensive gift from a contractor and having engaged in binge drinking in a hotel where prostitutes were present.

There is no allegation that he provided defense information to anyone, which is the case with some of the other defendants.

And, finally, why do you care why I want to know his motivation for asking?
Old 07-22-2017, 03:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Why do you ask?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I trust that you are aware that he has been charged, but has not yet entered a plea, much less been found guilty of anything.
WOW.....Some folks have chips on their shoulders and looking for an arguement. Seems to fit in this Political forum....instead of a civil discussion, lets attack right off the back.

Seemed like a reasonable question and certainly did not deserve any kind of response except one of knowing....certainly not a smart a$$ comment
Old 07-22-2017, 05:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl In Tampa
One might infer that he seeks to denigrate The Villages Republican Club by making an issue of the allegation that their former President was someone who "defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves."

Or perhaps he just wants to "run the scoundrel out of town." The "torches and pitchforks" reference would make that allusion plain to the observant.

But, the fact is that the Captain is not charged with having "defrauded the US Federal government out of millions of dollars to enrich themselves," but rather of having had his wife accept an expensive gift from a contractor and having engaged in binge drinking in a hotel where prostitutes were present.

There is no allegation that he provided defense information to anyone, which is the case with some of the other defendants.

And, finally, why do you care why I want to know his motivation for asking?
I don't think intelligent people need to 'infer' anything.

It is simple enough to see the actions that this scum is accused of and most likely did (and spare us the, "but, but, but, it was his wife" BS), that you seem to admire him (most likely even voted for him as your local club president) and are quite defensive about what lowlife things he did...and that you supported him.

Gee, that sounds familiar.

Let me guess, you also think that all of these now PROVED contacts between Trump's immediate circle and Russians...is just fake news?

And lastly, I know why you had such a knee-jerk reaction and questioned Sandtrap on why he was asking...because things aren't looking so good for y'all of late.

Maybe you could brighten the mood...if some parties were planned for your little club soon?
Old 07-23-2017, 07:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
I don't think that he is required to register like a sex offender. And there are a substantial amount of registered sex offenders in The Villages. Should we ask them whether they are Democrat or Republican?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:27 AM
n/a

Why did this OP raise this issue? I believe I have this correct ? If not I welcome revision to these German expressions.

The Germans refer to it as schmahkritik (abusive critiques) and engage in schadenfreude( express pleasure at others troubles) . Americans refer to it as kicking a man while he is down.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 AM
n/a

I just like to be on the side that does the gloating. Sandtrap it doesn't become you, but I kinda understand.

Read what Carl in Tampa wrote. That man is an admirable writer. He never whines or expands the truth.

Bucco...Sandtrap wrote in a derisive way. And I have lived long enough for the two of YOU to appear to agree on something.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Fat Leonard scandal - Wikipedia

For people curious about what this is about.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
I just like to be on the side that does the gloating. Sandtrap it doesn't become you, but I kinda understand.

Read what Carl in Tampa wrote. That man is an admirable writer. He never whines or expands the truth.

Bucco...Sandtrap wrote in a derisive way. And I have lived long enough for the two of YOU to appear to agree on something.
In my "defense"....I honestly only vaguely recall the incident or the man.

I simply thought the response did not "fit" the post.

There is or might be a "backstory" to this, so I backed out and will remain so.

As is usual recently, you totally confuse me. You seem to point me out consistently, but say nothing to those who are hell bent on destroying this forum.....the trolls, the racist, the foul language always escape your put downs.

I am told that is because they join you in supporting Trump but I don't know that. I do not deserve your singling out on this thread.

I really believe that you and yours are guilty of the accusations you shout out to everyone else, so while I may challenge your friend(s) on general terrible accusations, my posts are mostly accompanied by a news story to substantiate and are an attempt to stay with current events.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 AM
n/a

Quote:

As I said, I was curious if there had been any further action on the Captain's case. I did point out he was the head of the Republican Club. Factual information.

I did get a kick out of Rubicon's post where he used German psychology terms - and those are directly from the character "Rose" on Two and a Half Men.

Anyhow, I now know that the case has not been finalized. My curiousity has been satisfied.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
As I said, I was curious if there had been any further action on the Captain's case. I did point out he was the head of the Republican Club. Factual information.

I did get a kick out of Rubicon's post where he used German psychology terms - and those are directly from the character "Rose" on Two and a Half Men.

Anyhow, I now know that the case has not been finalized. My curiousity has been satisfied.
Amazing isn't it.

You are called out for your post.

The obscenities, the racial remarks, the sexually charged remarks that have been lobbed in here at anyone who dare criticize the President seem to be totally acceptable.

It appears that if you criticize him, you are open to any lewd remark replete with cuss words to "put you in your place".

Amazing how quickly that critique of both you and me....not sure why me....occurred.

Hypocrites all.

Tags
fat, leonard, millions, dollars, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.