The Never Trumper Conundrum

Old 12-31-2017, 11:09 PM
n/a

Default The Never Trumper Conundrum

From Never Trumper Bret Stephens writing in the NY Times:

Tax cuts. Deregulation. More for the military; less for the United Nations. The Islamic State crushed in its heartland.
Assad hit with cruise missiles. Troops to Afghanistan. Arms for Ukraine. A tougher approach to North Korea.
Jerusalem recognized as Israel’s capital. The Iran deal decertified. Title IX kangaroo courts on campus condemned.
Yes to Keystone. No to Paris. Wall Street roaring and consumer confidence high.

And, of course, Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. What, for a conservative, is there to dislike about this policy
record as the Trump administration rounds out its first year in office?

That’s the question I keep hearing from old friends on the right who voted with misgiving for Donald Trump last
year and now find reasons to like him. I admit it gives me pause. I agree with every one of the policy decisions mentioned above.
But I still wish Hillary Clinton were president.

How does that make sense?

It Is Time to Pull the Plug on Never-Trumpism | Power Line
Old 12-31-2017, 11:42 PM
n/a

Does Liberty and Type 1 vs. Type 2 law have any relevance to you and your social circle?
Old 01-01-2018, 06:48 AM
n/a

Well, if Hillary would have been elected, NONE of those policy decisions would have been made, so I guess I don’t understand why you still wish she would have been elected.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
Well, if Hillary would have been elected, NONE of those policy decisions would have been made, so I guess I don’t understand why you still wish she would have been elected.
Yeah that is sort of wishing you had big balls and then hammering your nuts flat with a rubber mallet...Makes no sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 08:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Yeah that is sort of wishing you had big balls and then hammering your nuts flat with a rubber mallet...Makes no sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Perfect example
Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
He just signed a bill to significantly add to the national debt. If this happened under a democrat everybody here would be screaming. Why do the republicans get a pass and yes I would be saying the same thing if the democrats added to the debt. It's our biggest problem and nobody cares.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:55 AM
n/a

Default 4 things that were supposed to happen by 2018 because Trump was elected

4 things that were supposed to happen by 2018 because Trump was elected – ThinkProgress
Old 01-01-2018, 12:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
We all have said over the years, don't blame me I didn't vote for the guy and it's a fair comment. What I don't understand is when are Trumpers going to stop saying it would have been worse under Hillary as justification for any of his actions. Why can't they be judged on their own merits. Would it have made sense in 1945 Germany for some German to say, hey if the other guy won we would be worse off.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
We all have said over the years, don't blame me I didn't vote for the guy and it's a fair comment. What I don't understand is when are Trumpers going to stop saying it would have been worse under Hillary as justification for any of his actions. Why can't they be judged on their own merits. Would it have made sense in 1945 Germany for some German to say, hey if the other guy won we would be worse off.
Why can't YOU people judge Trump on HIS merits and STOP concentrating on his personal flaws?

If Hitler had stopped at Western Europe...we'd all be speaking German right now. I don't know why they kept going into Russia...it was suicide. Was Hitler getting damaging advice from traitors there to bring him down?

Who knows...I do Know Germany is in the top 5 countries.

They did something right.

Where are all those black countries ranked that you call equals? #100?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why can't YOU people judge Trump on HIS merits and STOP concentrating on his personal flaws?

If Hitler had stopped at Western Europe...we'd all be speaking German right now. I don't know why they kept going into Russia...it was suicide. Was Hitler getting damaging advice from traitors there to bring him down?

Who knows...I do Know Germany is in the top 5 countries.

They did something right.

Where are all those black countries ranked that you call equals? #100?
I don't think there are any posts where I attacked his personal flaws from me. I think the top two priorities for seniors should be SS and Medicare. Guess what when you paid into SS they didn't put $100 bills in a box with your name on it. If you have a heart attack you want a strong hospital system. Both depend on a government that is fiscally somewhat sound. I liked the idea of doing away with deductions. I'll give him credit for that. What I don't understand is why seniors are happy when he takes a trillion dollars away from the treasury and gives it to rich people like him. Less money in the treasury makes it harder for the government to keep its promises. Without complaining about everything else wrong with government is there something wrong with my logic.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
I don't think there are any posts where I attacked his personal flaws from me. I think the top two priorities for seniors should be SS and Medicare. Guess what when you paid into SS they didn't put $100 bills in a box with your name on it. If you have a heart attack you want a strong hospital system. Both depend on a government that is fiscally somewhat sound. I liked the idea of doing away with deductions. I'll give him credit for that. What I don't understand is why seniors are happy when he takes a trillion dollars away from the treasury and gives it to rich people like him. Less money in the treasury makes it harder for the government to keep its promises. Without complaining about everything else wrong with government is there something wrong with my logic.
The government is NOT fiscally sound.

Why?

We gave $20 trillion to the wealthy. Trump will give more.

We agree.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:01 PM
n/a

If you are talking about the new tax bill, then you have your facts wrong. The CBO has stated that the tax bill will add 1.5 trillion dollars to the debt over the next ten years, however they are basing that on the GDP averaging 1.9%, as it was for the last 8 years. This year, the first year of Donald Trump’s Presidency, the GDP has averaged over 3%. The CBO has also stated that if the GDP averages over 2.5% there will actually be a surplus at the end of the ten year period, NOT a deficit.

Tags
year, policy, trump, trumper, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.