How the Brits View Sarah - The lighter side

Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 AM
n/a

Just one last thought...your issue when you began this discussion of "education", it was not EDUCATION...you simply said you were scared of us uneducatd voters making this Presidential decision...you were NOT speaking of the educational system in this country just the fact that the poor dumb folks who are not as smart as you will be actually voting.

Discussing the education system is valid.....saying that you dont want the uneducated to make this decision is not.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
n/a

Default Two things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Just one last thought...your issue when you began this discussion of "education", it was not EDUCATION...you simply said you were scared of us uneducatd voters making this Presidential decision...you were NOT speaking of the educational system in this country just the fact that the poor dumb folks who are not as smart as you will be actually voting.

Discussing the education system is valid.....saying that you dont want the uneducated to make this decision is not.
Bucco....the first thing I thought when I read your one last thought....you called yourself one of those uneducated voters...I disagree with that...I find you to be very educated...formalized educated or not...you do your homework and whether I agree with you or not...I think you are very educated!

Second...it was stated earlier in this thread that there was a news report or poll of somesort that stated the majority of people voting for Palin were uneducated females...atleast I think that was stated....
It wasn't necessarily anyones opinion from here...just that it was reported...and that sounded scary....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
I understand where you're coming from Cabo, and I love British humor, but I'm very weary of our country being the laughing stock of the world. "McCain's sense of mischief." What a stupid statement.

I'm not afraid of her, honestly. I think she's a bad joke. What I am afraid of is that emotion is running this election. This morning, I believe on the Chris Matthews show, it was stated that the highest percentage of women supporting Palin were uneducated. That's what scares me. Uneducated people in this country, filled with emotion, making this monumental decision. I find that very frightening.

Bush was the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Palin is the kind of gal you'd like to have a beer with. Well, have a beer with them but for God's sake, don't let them run this country.

The Villages Florida
There is the quote...I don't think chelsea was calling anyone uneducated....just that she heard it...and it was scary!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
I understand where you're coming from Cabo, and I love British humor, but I'm very weary of our country being the laughing stock of the world. "McCain's sense of mischief." What a stupid statement.

I'm not afraid of her, honestly. I think she's a bad joke. What I am afraid of is that emotion is running this election. This morning, I believe on the Chris Matthews show, it was stated that the highest percentage of women supporting Palin were uneducated. That's what scares me. Uneducated people in this country, filled with emotion, making this monumental decision. I find that very frightening.

Bush was the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with. Palin is the kind of gal you'd like to have a beer with. Well, have a beer with them but for God's sake, don't let them run this country.

[IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm63/chelsea24
photos/Obama.jpg[/IMG]
I thoroughly agree. Emotionalism has no place in our voting for the President & Vice-President of the United States. Sarah Palin is a frightening prospect, all right. Many women think she's the answer to frustration in their lives through work, or in the home. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) has written the book, "Rumors of Our Progress Are Greatly Exaggerated", which was featured on "Book Notes" on PBS, yesterday. Rep. Maloney spoke at a "Women for Obama" meeting recently. She's spoken with Sen. Obama, and yes, he's interested in womens' issues. Women will get ahead through showing their ability to read, listen & evaluate what they've learned. One woman was quoted in today's Daily Sun that she's always voted Republican because her husband did. What is that? She went on to say that Sarah impressed her yesterday, but ask yourself whether Sarah make a good President, if she's called on to do so.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.