The Constitution of the United States of America

Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 PM
n/a

Default The Constitution of the United States of America

With our current government , I decided to read the Constitution at its inception (which I haven't done in quite a while) and compare it with today.

Here it is:
http://www.constitution.org/constit_.htm
Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 AM
n/a

Thanks islandgal for the link. It is a straightforward document that spells out the principles of liberty and freedom. The restrictions on the powers of a central federal government are evident. Even keeping balance in the federal government is an elementary tool for governance by the people on the local level.

Thomas Sowell has a recent op/ed about the US Constitution and how some Americans are dismantling our country to a point of no return.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-thomas-sowell

Have you read The Federalist Papers?

http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/
Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 AM
n/a

Delete...
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Thanks islandgal for the link. It is a straightforward document that spells out the principles of liberty and freedom. The restrictions on the powers of a central federal government are evident. Even keeping balance in the federal government is an elementary tool for governance by the people on the local level.

Thomas Sowell has a recent op/ed about the US Constitution and how some Americans are dismantling our country to a point of no return.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-thomas-sowell

Have you read The Federalist Papers?

http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/
Linking to National Review Online, a conservative weblog, to make a point kind of pushed this thread into political.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Linking to National Review Online, a conservative weblog, to make a point kind of pushed this thread into political.
I agree. As did the opening comment, "With our current government".
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM
n/a

Default Yes and No

No, The Constitution is not political because it is for ALL parties and citizens to know.

Yes The link should not be in this thread.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM
n/a

I placed the Constitution purposely for all to see because many posters have said they dare not go into the political forum.
The point was for all to see. Where else would you suggest?
How quickly we get off the subject.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats2010 View Post
No, The Constitution is not political because it is for ALL parties and citizens to know.

Yes The link should not be in this thread.
There is no doubt that our Constitution is a document that is incredibly well written and a testament to our Founding Fathers' wisdom. Having a Legislative, an Executive, and a Judicial branch has been a fantastic system of checks and balances.

You are absolutely correct, and people who make a political ballyhoo out our Constitution do an injustice to it.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
I placed the Constitution purposely for all to see because many posters have said they dare not go into the political forum.
The point was for all to see. Where else would you suggest?
How quickly we get off the subject.
Perhaps, as another reply suggested, you had omitted your opening line "With our current government" the thread would have at least started out neutral.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Perhaps, as another reply suggested, you had omitted your opening line "With our current government" the thread would have at least started out neutral.
I agree.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
I agree. As did the opening comment, "With our current government".
Don't you guys ever give it a rest? I think she was comparing the government now with the one over 200 years ago.Sheeeeeez
Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 PM
n/a

Thanks Pats2010,
Out of 9 posts, only 3 have responded to subject of the post.
The Constitution of the United States of America.
Just thought some might want to just sit back and refresh themselves on it. Guess not.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
National Review is not a weblog. It is a conservative magazine that has been around since 1955. It is very educational and contains news, commentary and op/eds on a variety of topics.

The Thomas Sowell op/ed I linked gives views on cultural and social issues, not politics. Sowell, among many other achievements, is a highly recognized economist and intellectual thinker. One of the great minds of our generation.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
National Review is not a weblog. It is a conservative magazine that has been around since 1955. It is very educational and contains news, commentary and op/eds on a variety of topics.

The Thomas Sowell op/ed I linked gives views on cultural and social issues, not politics. Sowell, among many other achievements, is a highly recognized economist and intellectual thinker. One of the great minds of our generation.
bk, let us parse Natiional Revue Online: National Revue --- a bi-weekly magazine founded by William F. Buckley in 1955. and Online -- a reference to the internet and the World Wide Web. Put the two together and you have a webzine. An article written in an editorial manner in a webzine is a weblog. BTW, I admired William F Buckley.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:33 PM
n/a

Would it have been interesting if our Founding Father's had blogged the Federalist Papers? Alexander Hamilton's blog. LOL

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.