Impeach Bondi? Gun Fail

Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Gracie, if you wish to know how I feel about genital mutilation or throwing gays off buildings start a thread and I may or may not participate. All topics do not have to be turned into anti-Islam topics even if it is the most important topic for you. You might not recognize it but your Islamophobic posts differ very little in tone or design from Mr Baldwin's anti-black and anti-woman posts. A tiny bit of truth, an example, then a sweeping conclusion and inserted into every thread no matter what the original topic might have been. The topic of this thread is Pam Bondi missing a deadline for filing her appeal.

You have contributed four posts so far to this thread and not a one of them dealt with the topic. You have the right to be off topic. I have the right to mention it. If you are actually in early dementia I apologize for that sentence. But as you seem open to posting many details of your life and have not mentioned any cognitive decline that explanation seems unlikely.
As far as I know I am not. I do like being able to change the subject as this is not some rigid class in school. I very well may be VERY concerned with extreme Islamists. I have read polls that suggest that at least half and as high as two thirds of the American population favor more rigid controls of who comes from countries that are mainly Islamic. I know that you compare this with the Holocaust. Have you had anyone suggest to you lately that you might have dementia? I don't want to kill groups of people, I want to be aware of where they are and what they are up to. I believe that if I am wrong you are just as wrong.

I rarely have the opportunity to debate you. It isn't allowed on the main forum and you do not often come here. Your post about the devil statue in Oklahoma made me aware that a lot of atheists were really upset with any kind of mixture of church and state. I do learn from you, but I am frustrated by your methods. There is so much good that intellectual "hate" squelches.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If a doctor asks if you drink and drive would you say it is none of his business? How about if you drink and drive with children in your car? How about if you know how to properly install a car seat for a child? And if you always buckle the child into that properly installed car seat? How about if you store potential toxins under your sink or in a place easily reached by a curious toddler? How about whether you apply sunscreen to your children? Whether you smoke, and if yes do you always smoke outside the home?

All of these and more are not only legitimate questions but recommended ones from the American Academy of Pediatrics to be asked at some or all well child visits, as is gun ownership. Are they all none of the doctor's business?

This law came about because a friend of mine did his job and a gun owner said it was None of His Business and threatened to sue him for asking the question. He discharged her for refusing to answer his question.
The law as originally proposed by Rep J Brodeur and "written" by the NRA had a five MILLION dollar fine, a felony conviction, five years in jail, and loss of medical license if a Florida doctor asked about gun ownership. Read that again. That is what the NRA wanted and the original language of the bill. Look it up. Google Jason Brodeur, R-Sanford, (HB 155)

It was amended to its present, unconstitutional form which still includes penalties up to $10,000 fine and loss of medical license.

So, guest, I'm not sure what "I don't have a problem with it" means. You don't have a problem being asked if you own guns? You don't have a problem being advised on storage safety? You don't have a problem with the law which Bondi didn't defend? Or, you don't have a problem with being discharged from a medical practice for refusing to answer the doctor's routine or even non-routine questions? You see no patient was discharged for owning guns or Dr Okonkwo wouldn't have a practice. It was the I refuse to answer reply. You have the right to remain silent, yes. The doctor has a right to select the patients for whom he provides care and reject those who refuse to cooperate.
If the doctor asks me if I drink, he is using this information to diagnose. If he asks if I drink and drive, it's none of his business. Just like asking me if I have a gun, none of his business.
Your whole diatribe might be important to you, but that is because you are a needy liberal that would live with his parents all his life, if possible. You need the gov to make decisions for you and do not believe that there are others that can reason better than you, unless they are better educated or in a power position. By your comment, I would suggest that you are a very weak natured person, needing a partner to lead you about to keep you from harm. I bet someone has to make sure that there are no sharp objects within your reach or toxic chemicals.

This is a perfect example of why we need a smaller government, with less gov. intervention into our lives.

Tags
court, deadline, fail, gun, bondi

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.