" Innocent " Freddie Gray`s Contact with the Baltimore Police

Old 05-04-2015, 09:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Was a toxicology exam done to determine if there were drugs in his system at the time of the arrest? I can't seem to find an answer to this question.
Declared in-admissible based on the potential to muddy up the plan.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Was a toxicology exam done to determine if there were drugs in his system at the time of the arrest? I can't seem to find an answer to this question.
I believe it was conducted and showed a mixture of heroin and marijuana in Freddie's system at the time of arrest .. I can't find the link though
Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 AM
n/a

Default Do what the cops say

And if he, and every other one of these idiots going back to Rodney King, had simply complied with the officers request and either not resisted or run, he would be alive today to continue to be the model citizen that he was.
I am so sick of all of the criticism of the police and everyone overlooking the fact that these morons caused a reaction from the police by not complying with the officer's request. Not sure I recall of one instance where the police simply walked up to someone and started shooting or attacking them without provocation.
Problem is these morons have no respect for authority and think they can do whatever they want without any fear.
It is real simple----cop says stop, you stop.
Maybe the community leaders ought to teach that to their folks!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
I believe it was conducted and showed a mixture of heroin and marijuana in Freddie's system at the time of arrest .. I can't find the link though
Yeah, I thought I saw that at one point too, but can't seem to find the link now either. I'm thinking the previous poster may be right - an attempt to muddy up the plan, as that evidence could possibly explain A LOT about his behavior. Wouldn't it be nice to just have the TRUTH about this and other cases like it so that we can really make a fair and just assessment?

Another truth that I find being somewhat swept under the rug is that 3 of the 6 officers are black. The photos have been shown on a few occasions, but isn't it strange that it isn't part of the discussion? One guest on Meet the Press yesterday actually said that one of the problems is that these policeman are brought into the force and have never had to deal with blacks before becoming a police officer - WHAT??
Old 05-04-2015, 09:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
And if he, and every other one of these idiots going back to Rodney King, had simply complied with the officers request and either not resisted or run, he would be alive today to continue to be the model citizen that he was.
I am so sick of all of the criticism of the police and everyone overlooking the fact that these morons caused a reaction from the police by not complying with the officer's request. Not sure I recall of one instance where the police simply walked up to someone and started shooting or attacking them without provocation.
Problem is these morons have no respect for authority and think they can do whatever they want without any fear.
It is only an issue because of the lack of education as pointed out above....driven by the leadership (or shall we say lack of it) by Obama and Sharpton and of course their trumpeters the media.

No sympathy here black, white or whatever flavor.....follow the law like the majority of us and the problem goes away.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Excellent post! It would at least be much easier for those of us seriously trying to make some sense out of all of these incidents, if the perps were not fleeing or fighting the police. In that case, I would have no problem taking the side of the perp/victim no matter his race, gender, drug background or anything else if he experienced a beat down by a policeman. The underlying problem in every one of these case is that the perp did not stand down.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:47 AM
n/a

Can anyone name the crime for which Freddie Gray was arrested for that night?
Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
It was my understanding from what I had read that they saw him do a "pass off" - I think that's what they called it - which meant that he was passing off drugs to another person in a supposed drug deal. It also stated in the article (sorry I don't have the link at this time) that they had thought he had thrown something into the bushes (again, supposedly drugs) and that's why he was being pursued and why they thought he was trying to get away by running from police.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Freddie Gray was arrested for carrying a switchblade, which turned out not to be a switchblade. The knife he was carrying was totally legal for him to be carrying. False arrest is one of the many charges facing these six police officers.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM
n/a

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/us...tors.html?_r=0

Maryland state prosecutor Mosby said the police "failed to establish probable cause for Freddie Gray's arrest, as no crime had been committed".

She went on to describe the arrest as illegal. "The knife was not a switchblade and is lawful under Maryland law".
Old 05-04-2015, 11:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Freddie Gray was arrested for carrying a switchblade, which turned out not to be a switchblade. The knife he was carrying was totally legal for him to be carrying. False arrest is one of the many charges facing these six police officers.
At some point it will be determined that not all 6 were the "arresting officer".
Old 05-04-2015, 12:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Excellent post! It would at least be much easier for those of us seriously trying to make some sense out of all of these incidents, if the perps were not fleeing or fighting the police. In that case, I would have no problem taking the side of the perp/victim no matter his race, gender, drug background or anything else if he experienced a beat down by a policeman. The underlying problem in every one of these case is that the perp did not stand down.
Yes, but on the other hand, wouldn't it also make sense for law enforcers to find other means of restraining suspects besides shooting to kill? Wouldn't it also make sense to immediately seek treatment for someone who has been shot or otherwise hurt while in custody? With body cameras and everyone in the world having video capability and an interest in filming anything controversial, cops need to be very vigilant, not to mention the pure ethical motivation.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, but on the other hand, wouldn't it also make sense for law enforcers to find other means of restraining suspects besides shooting to kill? Wouldn't it also make sense to immediately seek treatment for someone who has been shot or otherwise hurt while in custody? With body cameras and everyone in the world having video capability and an interest in filming anything controversial, cops need to be very vigilant, not to mention the pure ethical motivation.
Can't deny what you have to say. A lot of work needs to be done on both sides of the issue. I just hate to see police as a whole being vilified. I think they have a very difficult job where they have to make very quick and often dangerous split second decisions. There are certainly "bad apples" on both sides of the fence - I would not hesitate to wager however, that the percentage is much less on the side of the police than the perpetrators. In the meantime, the best we can all do is not judge either side until all the facts are gathered and keep politics out of it. Otherwise, you can say good-bye to fairness and justice.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
At some point it will be determined that not all 6 were the "arresting officer".

All had some role in the process that led to Gray's death. All are not facing the same charges.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:09 PM
n/a

Their will be a change in venue for the trial. The officers could very well be found not guilty of most of the charges. Other than Prince Georges County and the city of Baltimore most Marylanders like their police a lot.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.