Ireland Votes On Same-Sex Marriage

Old 06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
n/a

They want you to accept this as the "new normal" even though only 1.8% of the population is gay and only .4% are transgender..Make no mistake America is in decline. Today a school in Minnesota took children on a class trip to a sex shop. As we dumb down our children with no history or math lessons we promote gays, gay lifestyles, and now men who don't know what the hell they are. We put this on the cover of a magazine and the president says he is courageous. He's not courageous. Our military men and women are what you call courageous. Don't let the libs redefine our words now
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
They want you to accept this as the "new normal" even though only 1.8% of the population is gay and only .4% are transgender..Make no mistake America is in decline. Today a school in Minnesota took children on a class trip to a sex shop. As we dumb down our children with no history or math lessons we promote gays, gay lifestyles, and now men who don't know what the hell they are. We put this on the cover of a magazine and the president says he is courageous. He's not courageous. Our military men and women are what you call courageous. Don't let the libs redefine our words now
Courageous men and woman do as you do and not stay silent. I know of some people who are gay and I love them but not enough to have the WORD of GOD changed to suit there idea of a marriage. Do not change my WORD. Did you ever hear of a civil union? Pride comes before the fall! They need to not change the WORD and love Jesus as the rest of us do. Christian have been silent to long!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Courageous men and woman do as you do and not stay silent. I know of some people who are gay and I love them but not enough to have the WORD of GOD changed to suit there idea of a marriage. Do not change my WORD. Did you ever hear of a civil union? Pride comes before the fall! They need to not change the WORD and love Jesus as the rest of us do. Christian have been silent to long!
Stay angry and go to the polls PLEASE !

The minority is ruling because of stupid people who have no idea they are being manipulated.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
1. The school in Minnesota was a private school with no grades or assignments.
2. No history or math lessons in school? Let's see realistic backup on this charge.
3. You do not think there are gays in the military serving right next to straight soldiers?

You are living in the 21st century. Deal with it. You are being passed by and your voice and vote does not mean anything anymore. Younger, progressive voices and votes have taken your place. Nothing you can do about progress except to stand aside or you will be run over.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
1. The school in Minnesota was a private school with no grades or assignments.
2. No history or math lessons in school? Let's see realistic backup on this charge.
3. You do not think there are gays in the military serving right next to straight soldiers?

You are living in the 21st century. Deal with it. You are being passed by and your voice and vote does not mean anything anymore. Younger, progressive voices and votes have taken your place. Nothing you can do about progress except to stand aside or you will be run over.
WOW - Why such a threatening tone in your posts? I have to ask - you keep mentioning young and younger which makes me think you are the author of the "grumpy old white men" posts. I happen to be a younger female on this forum and I don't relate to your posts at all. I do however relate to the posts of those that you oppose so vehemently. So I'm just wondering, who is this vast majority of which you speak? I think you may have also used this terminology......."wishful dreaming"?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
WOW - Why such a threatening tone in your posts? I have to ask - you keep mentioning young and younger which makes me think you are the author of the "grumpy old white men" posts. I happen to be a younger female on this forum and I don't relate to your posts at all. I do however relate to the posts of those that you oppose so vehemently. So I'm just wondering, who is this vast majority of which you speak? I think you may have also used this terminology......."wishful dreaming"?
Absolutely no threatening tone was intended. My apology if you perceived that way.
The demographics for the Democratic party are most younger voters, most college educated men and women, most minorities, and the Republicans have the mostly older white male voters. That is just a fact - not name calling or being sexist.
If you are voting in a different way than your demographic group, it is entirely your constitutional right to do so. Go for it!

Wishful dreaming? I would not call it that. This is the 21st century. Times have changed since the 1950's and life has evolved. You cannot be regressive. Progress changes the world even though some would want to regress.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:18 AM
n/a

I offer for consideration, this view of progress VS regress.

I do not accept the premise to disagree with select progresses is automativally cast as regress.....and I am not stating that is what is being done, in all cases, but is very often.

For example, choosing what I view as a difficult one, moral decay.
For many of us the permissiveness of what is or is not allowed today on almost any aspect of sex compared to when most of us were in high school (or pick a time that suits you better).

For me, to disagree with the anything goes, anything can be said or done as much in public communications as in private....including media of all kinds, with almost no restrictions anymore, IS NOT, not accepting progress.

A simpler example? Comparing TV of the year 2000 VS TV of today. There are many issues of today that are not viewed as positive by many residents who have been here 10 or more years ago. That, to me is not regress.

To categorize most of the dislikes of today as regression is just a convenient pigeon holing of a give subject for the sole purpose of presenting one's point of view. Muchly (a word?) abused, in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Absolutely no threatening tone was intended. My apology if you perceived that way.
The demographics for the Democratic party are most younger voters, most college educated men and women, most minorities, and the Republicans have the mostly older white male voters. That is just a fact - not name calling or being sexist.
If you are voting in a different way than your demographic group, it is entirely your constitutional right to do so. Go for it!

Wishful dreaming? I would not call it that. This is the 21st century. Times have changed since the 1950's and life has evolved. You cannot be regressive. Progress changes the world even though some would want to regress.
The change you seek is no morals. You are not the 1st people in the human

race to think you know more that the billions of people before you. The

cities of Sodom and Gomorrah did not follow GOD and we all know what

happened there. You are so intelligent than you must of read the Holy Bible

- Right? # one book ever put out - and the laws set in there are to help us

to be happy without pain - GOD is love and if you really want to be

enlightened you will read the Holy Bible.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:15 AM
n/a

Quote:

I appreciate your explanation. So difficult when discussing these types of issues in writing versus face-to-face to not sometimes mistake the tone of a response. We certainly are not on the same wave length politically, and I probably do not put as much value on polls, etc, as you do, but being able to discuss our differences, perhaps learn from each other, and maybe even find some common ground along the way is always a good thing.

Take the word "progress" for example. I think it is a very overused and misused term by the left to put others in a negative light. The dictionary definition of progress is as follows -
forward or onward movement toward a destination (noun); move forward or onward in space or time (verb).
Obviously, we are all progressing. The question becomes, to what end? Do I want a better life for my children and grandchildren? Do I want our nation/our world to be kinder and gentler? I bet we can both agree the answer is yes to both of those questions. The difference comes in the how. For me, to have to give up my moral/religious/you name it values to subscribe to what you may consider as progress, I consider an assault on me and others who may think as I do. Believe it or not, most sound Christians (for lack of a better description), don't look at gays/homosexuals in the negative light that many liberals project. We look at them as people, individuals, often family and friends. It's the in your face, we're going to change the whole culture of the country, and the majority be damned attitude that is disconcerting. I could go on, but this post is probably already too long.

In the meantime, I thank you for your reply and the opportunity to discuss.........
Old 06-04-2015, 08:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
The change you seek is no morals. You are not the 1st people in the human

race to think you know more that the billions of people before you. The

cities of Sodom and Gomorrah did not follow GOD and we all know what

happened there. You are so intelligent than you must of read the Holy Bible

- Right? # one book ever put out - and the laws set in there are to help us

to be happy without pain - GOD is love and if you really want to be

enlightened you will read the Holy Bible.
I will not argue religion with you. However, I hope you do not take everything in the Old Testament to be historically or scientifically accurate. If so, you do not believe in evolution and you believe that the earth is about 6,000 years old.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
I will not argue religion with you. However, I hope you do not take everything in the Old Testament to be historically or scientifically accurate. If so, you do not believe in evolution and you believe that the earth is about 6,000 years old.
The WORD is the truth and GOD has intended for us to read it. - Remember

this that Jesus is the WORD and he was made flesh.

Concerning evolution I know in the Holy Bible it states a day is as a

thousand years so maybe there is something to it.

I wish everyone would put down their crappy reads and read the manual for

us. You will see so many people quoting something they say is from the

WORD and it is not. Pick up the most amazing book ever wrote and read it

and you will be very enlightened.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
The WORD is the truth and GOD has intended for us to read it. - Remember

this that Jesus is the WORD and he was made flesh.

Concerning evolution I know in the Holy Bible it states a day is as a

thousand years so maybe there is something to it.

I wish everyone would put down their crappy reads and read the manual for

us. You will see so many people quoting something they say is from the

WORD and it is not. Pick up the most amazing book ever wrote and read it

and you will be very enlightened.
Can't do it in 20 minutes
Old 06-04-2015, 03:31 PM
n/a

EXcluding commercials.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.