Ireland Votes On Same-Sex Marriage

Old 05-23-2015, 09:02 AM
n/a

Post Ireland Votes On Same-Sex Marriage

Early results show Ireland saying 'yes' to gay marriage in historic vote | MSNBC

Ireland will become the first country in the world to accept same-sex marriage in a national referendum after all the votes are counted today.

There is little doubt that the measure will pass, it's just a question of the margin. Some are predicting 70% in favor.

An almost record number turned out yesterday to answer a simple yes or no vote. Reports say as many as 60% may have voted.

Many Irish nationals returned to their country to cast a vote, according to news reports. Some came from as far away as Australia.

This was the highest number of voters since voters accepted divorce back in the early 1990's. The catholic church was very much against this referendum, but their influence has been subsiding, even though 80% of the country identifies as catholic.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:29 AM
n/a

Oscar Wilde is smiling today.

“Yes I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

The sun has risen in Ireland.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Oscar Wilde is smiling today.

“Yes I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

The sun has risen in Ireland.
The sun does rises everywhere regardless whatever takes place in it's coverage.

Maybe the rainbow shines brighter in Ireland?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 AM
n/a

It is hard to believe that less than 20 years ago homosexuality was against the law in Ireland. How far they have come in such a short time.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:21 AM
n/a

Sorry but this same sex married thing will be the demise of the world. Beat me up I dont care. God made us different for a reason our languages are different for a reason.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry but this same sex married thing will be the demise of the world. Beat me up I dont care. God made us different for a reason our languages are different for a reason.
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his noodly appendage. And to think I was worried about nuclear war and all along it was people in love being able to marry that was the big problem.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:02 AM
n/a

Ireland awaits same-sex marriage referendum result - BBC News

Watch the thousands of people celebrating today at Dublin Castle while waiting for the votes to be counted, in this piece from the BBC.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
You are the winner of The Villages Tea Party "White Sheet Award" of the week.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Do you really expect us or anyone to believe the only ones who are against anything or in opposition to YOU are those not in your alignment, party, group etc???

You just go on makking yourself happy with the self induced fairy (pun intended) tales.

You are a contrairian isolationist with a very, VERY narrow tolerance for thinking outside your scope.

Must be terribly lonely in there.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just curious, why did God make different languages?
Old 05-23-2015, 12:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his noodly appendage. And to think I was worried about nuclear war and all along it was people in love being able to marry that was the big problem.
Why is there a need for such arrogant, ridiculing responses in referring to another's opinion ?

Who do you think you are ?

Please read a lifelong democrat and her new best seller...

"The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech"

And please consider this advice from an adult. Treat people with respect. How dare you think you can ridicule what others think. If you do not agree..so be it, but thinking YOU have the only rational thought is beyond arrogant.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
How smug and self absorbed you are. Why do they allow people like this to post on here.

You and your cronies make any discussion simply insufferable. Adults, none of you are.

Have differing opinions, but keep your sarcasm and little smart aleck remarks to yourself.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM
n/a

Ireland Votes to Legalize Gay Marriage in Historic Referendum - NBC News

The votes have been counted and Ireland's referendum on same-sex marriage has passed with 62% of the vote, not quite the 70% some had predicted but still pretty impressive. The turnout was 60% participation.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:48 PM
n/a

Very glad that Ireland decided to have same-sex marriage. In a very short time, it will also be the law of the land in The United States of America.

I, also, am wondering why one poster thought that God created different languages. Was the poster alluding to different races and that the races should not co-mingle? Kind of sounds like that, doesn't it?
Old 05-23-2015, 02:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why is there a need for such arrogant, ridiculing responses in referring to another's opinion ?

Who do you think you are ?

Please read a lifelong democrat and her new best seller...

"The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech"

And please consider this advice from an adult. Treat people with respect. How dare you think you can ridicule what others think. If you do not agree..so be it, but thinking YOU have the only rational thought is beyond arrogant.
I just started reading this book at the pool today. She describes a number of Lefty TOTV posters to a Tee .... illiberal left. Or, as I would term it, wannabe Stalinists who can't argue based on merit so they demonize and try to shut the opposing side down.

The Illiberal Left would probably like North Korea, or an Islamic paradise where no free speech is allowed?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.