It's Time to Fold the Flag

Old 08-15-2017, 04:02 PM
n/a

Exclamation It's Time to Fold the Flag

I'M GIVING SERIOUS CONSIDERATION TO BELIEVING THAT IT IS TIME TO FOLD THE FLAG AND PUT it away. Of course, I'm referring to what is called "The Confederate Flag" by the uninformed, although it is technically "The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia" which said Army fought under General Robert E. Lee.

My reasoning is very direct. The Flag has been HIJACKED by American neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, and other White Supremacist and racist groups. These groups use the Flag to inflame passions on both sides of the racial discussion, and to generate physical conflict at public demonstrations. For millions of Americans the Flag now brings the same emotional revulsion that has been the case with the Nazi flag and Swastika ever since World War 2.

As a student of History, American History, and the Civil War in particular, I fully appreciate how many Southerners consider the Flag a symbol of their heritage, and feel that their display of the Flag is an innocent expression of Southern Pride. However, as I said above, the Flag as a symbol has been HIJACKED by evil racists.

AS A PRACTICAL MATTER having the Flag displayed ONLY by the White Supremacists at marches and demonstrations will facilitate having the Police quickly recognize the probable epicenter of trouble makers.

NOW, having said that, there needs to be a reciprocal concession by those who are offended by the Flag and by White Supremacists. STOP THE MOVEMENT TO REMOVE ALL STATUES AND MEMORIALS TO CONFEDERATE WAR VETERANS FROM THEIR CUSTOMARY PLACES IN PUBLIC VIEW.

Such efforts are perceived by those concerned with their Southern Heritage as a deliberate assault on their forebears and intentional humiliation of them personally.

A middle ground must be found by people of good will so they can defuse the effectiveness of extremist groups on both sides of the political spectrum.

Carl in Tampa
Old 08-15-2017, 04:23 PM
n/a

What do we do if they hijack the American flag? Do we fold it up and throw it in the trash too?

I just wonder when some of these people that perceive themselves as victims are going grow thicker skin and stop REACTING...sort of like the advise numerous people on here have given the wackadoodle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 05:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I'M GIVING SERIOUS CONSIDERATION TO BELIEVING THAT IT IS TIME TO FOLD THE FLAG AND PUT it away. Of course, I'm referring to what is called "The Confederate Flag" by the uninformed, although it is technically "The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia" which said Army fought under General Robert E. Lee.

My reasoning is very direct. The Flag has been HIJACKED by American neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, and other White Supremacist and racist groups. These groups use the Flag to inflame passions on both sides of the racial discussion, and to generate physical conflict at public demonstrations. For millions of Americans the Flag now brings the same emotional revulsion that has been the case with the Nazi flag and Swastika ever since World War 2.

As a student of History, American History, and the Civil War in particular, I fully appreciate how many Southerners consider the Flag a symbol of their heritage, and feel that their display of the Flag is an innocent expression of Southern Pride. However, as I said above, the Flag as a symbol has been HIJACKED by evil racists.

AS A PRACTICAL MATTER having the Flag displayed ONLY by the White Supremacists at marches and demonstrations will facilitate having the Police quickly recognize the probable epicenter of trouble makers.

NOW, having said that, there needs to be a reciprocal concession by those who are offended by the Flag and by White Supremacists. STOP THE MOVEMENT TO REMOVE ALL STATUES AND MEMORIALS TO CONFEDERATE WAR VETERANS FROM THEIR CUSTOMARY PLACES IN PUBLIC VIEW.

Such efforts are perceived by those concerned with their Southern Heritage as a deliberate assault on their forebears and intentional humiliation of them personally.

A middle ground must be found by people of good will so they can defuse the effectiveness of extremist groups on both sides of the political spectrum.

Carl in Tampa
That's very well said Carl in Tampa. Other nationalistic white supremacy groups have abused various symbols in the past for their own nefarious purposes.

Many of the Founding Fathers owned slaves so this cannot be just about the fact the South's economy was propped up on the backs of people whom they often treated no better than life stock. This was a problem throughout western civilization though and not just the South. Outline and Summary of David Brion Davis’s The Problem of Slavery in Western Culture | The Literary Lawyer: A Forum for the Legal and Literary Communities
Old 08-15-2017, 06:39 PM
n/a

Not just the confederate flag is at risk but all the monuments throughout the USA representing differing individuals/places/events in our history.

The special interest groups are treading on our heritage.

It is a disease that continued will eventually lead to finding fault by somebody with the likes of the statue of liberty and yes our Old Glory.

As the so called melting pot continues to change in mix the new majority will take it's toll on heritage if left unchecked.

Yes today we have minority....MINORITY.....special interest groups that represent a minority and present themselves as the majority.....assisted by the media and selected courts and linguine spined administrators.

Yes the confederate battle flag has been desecrated and abused and re-intentioned for purposes never intended.

As a nation with a proud heritage we are on a slippery slope to losses of freedoms and valued heritages.

Very sad days in America.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
That's very well said Carl in Tampa. Other nationalistic white supremacy groups have abused various symbols in the past for their own nefarious purposes.

Many of the Founding Fathers owned slaves so this cannot be just about the fact the South's economy was propped up on the backs of people whom they often treated no better than life stock. This was a problem throughout western civilization though and not just the South. Outline and Summary of David Brion Davis’s The Problem of Slavery in Western Culture | The Literary Lawyer: A Forum for the Legal and Literary Communities
Nefarious? Saving America from being overrun with minorities? Saving it from becoming a minority majority? Saving our culture? Saving out schools, saving our neighborhoods, our cities...and our nation? That is nefarious?

Quote:
Not just the confederate flag is at risk but all the monuments throughout the USA representing differing individuals/places/events in our history.

It is a disease that continued will eventually lead to finding fault by somebody with the likes of the statue of liberty and yes our Old Glory.

As the so called melting pot continues to change in mix the new majority will take it's toll on heritage if left unchecked.

Yes today we have minority....MINORITY.....special interest groups that represent a minority and present themselves as the majority.....assisted by the media and selected courts and linguine spined administrators.

Yes the confederate battle flag has been desecrated and abused and re-intentioned for purposes never intended.

As a nation with a proud heritage we are on a slippery slope to losses of freedoms and valued heritages.

Very sad days in America
It's the NEW growing minority majority that is treading on our heritage. They will continue to tread on it until it has been replaced with THEIR heritage. Just like we did with the Native Americans.

Like the flying of the Mexican flag, putting Tubman on the $10 bill.

We're not mixing, we WERE a mixture of different white people...we stopped mixing in the 1960s when blacks were forced into once safe and friendly neighborhoods. They moved in...whites moved out.

Let me type slowly...they ARE the majority now. That is why they are gaining so much power and can have monuments removed. They ARE the MAJORITY in MANY cities.

We are on a mathematically certain path to becoming Mexico II as the Hispanics who are ALREADY the majority below age 7 become the absolute majority (51% of the population) within 30 years. They WILL change everything.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:44 PM
n/a

Quote:

Very sad days in America.
BTK, you are what the NeoNazis call a useful idiot! The confederate flag was being paraded around right next to the Nazi flag. It is the symbol of white supremacist movements just like the Nazi flag.

The purpose of the confederate flag was to rally troops to the Southern side in the Civil War. The Southern side wanted to keep slavery and to have Blacks as the slave class.

Read history, you useful idiot, and learn something.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
BTK, you are what the NeoNazis call a useful idiot! The confederate flag was being paraded around right next to the Nazi flag. It is the symbol of white supremacist movements just like the Nazi flag.

The purpose of the confederate flag was to rally troops to the Southern side in the Civil War. The Southern side wanted to keep slavery and to have Blacks as the slave class.

Blacks have NEVER been equal to ANYONE.

"Read history, you useful idiot, and learn something."

SHOW me blacks being equal. SHOW me the black villages...the black MIT...any successful, independent black country. Anywhere in the world where blacks are anyone's equal. Blacks are ALWAYS at the bottom in EVERY country. How/why would you call them "equals"? How many blacks have you met in your life who you would honestly say were "better" than you intellectually? Any? How many blacks have you met? Hundreds? What SHOULD that tell you? They are NOT our equal...they are NOT us. WHY is MLK Blvd SO DIFFERENT than main street in the villages? Black people...the more there are...the worse a place is...EVERY TIME.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post

SHOW me blacks being equal. SHOW me the black villages...the black MIT...any successful, independent black country. Anywhere in the world where blacks are anyone's equal. Blacks are ALWAYS at the bottom in EVERY country. How/why would you call them "equals"? How many blacks have you met in your life who you would honestly say were "better" than you intellectually? Any? How many blacks have you met? Hundreds? What SHOULD that tell you? They are NOT our equal...they are NOT us. WHY is MLK Blvd SO DIFFERENT than main street in the villages? Black people...the more there are...the worse a place is...EVERY TIME.

Oh Donny boy

The Villages Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 AM
n/a

Smile Enjoy life

Quote:

OK, Don, I have only been visiting the political forums for a very few days, but I feel I have seen enough of your posts to understand your position.

You seem to have invoked every view about racial disparities from the book The Bell Curve, about differences in racial IQ scores, to the practice of "race norming" on civil service tests, in order to qualify Blacks for hiring when their test scores would otherwise make them ineligible.

Without agreeing with or disputing your views, the bottom line is............."So what?"

Civil rights laws, embedded in the Constitution, Affirmative Action Laws and policies, particularly in governmental hiring and in acceptance to institutions of higher learning, and the last eight years of virtually unrestricted illegal immigration, have joined with the higher birth rates of non-Caucasian people to result in the demographic changes you deplore.

But, the trend appears irreversible. Again, ...... So what? You contribute little to the discussion by simply grumbling about what once was, but will not be again. Perhaps you would be a happier person if you simply make an affirmative choice to enjoy life for the years you have left. It should be easier to face these last few years if you are living in The Villages, which is over 99% White, and financially upper middle class.

You know...........your kind of people.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
OK, Don, I have only been visiting the political forums for a very few days, but I feel I have seen enough of your posts to understand your position.

You seem to have invoked every view about racial disparities from the book The Bell Curve, about differences in racial IQ scores, to the practice of "race norming" on civil service tests, in order to qualify Blacks for hiring when their test scores would otherwise make them ineligible.

Without agreeing with or disputing your views, the bottom line is............."So what?"

Civil rights laws, embedded in the Constitution, Affirmative Action Laws and policies, particularly in governmental hiring and in acceptance to institutions of higher learning, and the last eight years of virtually unrestricted illegal immigration, have joined with the higher birth rates of non-Caucasian people to result in the demographic changes you deplore.

But, the trend appears irreversible. Again, ...... So what? You contribute little to the discussion by simply grumbling about what once was, but will not be again. Perhaps you would be a happier person if you simply make an affirmative choice to enjoy life for the years you have left. It should be easier to face these last few years if you are living in The Villages, which is over 99% White, and financially upper middle class.

You know...........your kind of people.
"So what"? America is failing. She's gone from #1 in the world to the current...somewhere around #25. We continue to fall. Quotas mean the best is NOT hired/given a position so we ALL suffer.

Changing demographics ALWAYS results in change. And in this case...NOT for the better. NOTHING improves by bringing in a bunch of black people...NOTHING.

I tell you that it IS happening which MOST here deny. "I" can't change anything, I need your help to bring America back to TRUE greatness.

I AM here because the villages is pretty near the perfect place to live. 99% white is ALWAYS a better place than 95% or 90%...and MUCH better than 75% or 50%. White people make nice places to live...the minorities don't.

It's SO EASY to push for diversity...to insist we're all equal...when you live in an affluent 99% white paradise.

Go live for a while in W or S Chicago for a few weeks...then come back and yell me how equal they are...what wonderful neighbors they are.

Those with NO real experience with blacks are always their biggest proponents of diversity...those who lived with them...can't wait to get away from them.

Name me the black villages, 150,000 black people living together in peace and harmony...show it to me. Show me a school that is 99% black and isn't a "prison" with metal detectors and armed security in the halls.

They are NOT us!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:

Who the do you think you are calling people you do not know such names?
We know you do not have the balls to say such things to a person's face.

Are you too distorted to be able to make a point of differentiation without disparaging, disrespectful, nasty mouthing?

Your response represents the exact profile of the trouble makers in our cities today.

Responding to you in attitude you promote....

KMA!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Who the do you think you are calling people you do not know such names?
We know you do not have the balls to say such things to a person's face.

Are you too distorted to be able to make a point of differentiation without disparaging, disrespectful, nasty mouthing?

Your response represents the exact profile of the trouble makers in our cities today.

Responding to you in attitude you promote....

KMA!
Bill,

I have spoken to you face to face many times.

Just imagine our WWII vets who fought against the Nazis as well as the parents and families of the soldiers who died fighting Nazis and their horrible beliefs of Aryan supremacist How would they feel about NeoNazis carrying Nazi flags on the streets of America?

Where does Trump defend these NeoNazis when he has a Conservative Jewish daughter and grandchildren?

Talk with you soon - in person.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM
n/a

Storm stomping granny !
The Villages Florida

Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bill,

I have spoken to you face to face many times.

Just imagine our WWII vets who fought against the Nazis as well as the parents and families of the soldiers who died fighting Nazis and their horrible beliefs of Aryan supremacist How would they feel about NeoNazis carrying Nazi flags on the streets of America?

Where does Trump defend these NeoNazis when he has a Conservative Jewish daughter and grandchildren?

Talk with you soon - in person.
You are off on a tangent that has nothing to do with my original post.....or the post and subject matter of the originator of the thread!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post

Carl in Tampa

I agree with this in totality.

Tags
flag, war, groups, white, demonstrations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.