Shifting Moral Values

Old 11-24-2017, 07:44 AM
n/a

Default Shifting Moral Values

Even in a political season of routine marvels, few developments are more spectacularly incongruous than this: The United States has seen a swift, dramatic shift in attitudes toward sexual harassment with Donald Trump as president.

This is a big country, capable of making up its own collective mind. Politics reaches only the light zone of a deep ocean. It is a sign of hope that moral and ethical standards can assert themselves largely unaided by political, entertainment and media leaders — except when they serve as cautionary tales of egregious behavior.

Over a period of weeks, this is the story of the revolt against sexual harassment. What seemed for generations the prerogative of powerful men has been fully revealed as a pernicious form of dehumanization.

An ethical light switch was flipped. Moral outrage — the appropriate response — now seems obvious.

Full story: Scary, judgmental old men - The Washington Post
Old 11-24-2017, 07:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Even in a political season of routine marvels, few developments are more spectacularly incongruous than this: The United States has seen a swift, dramatic shift in attitudes toward sexual harassment with Donald Trump as president.

This is a big country, capable of making up its own collective mind. Politics reaches only the light zone of a deep ocean. It is a sign of hope that moral and ethical standards can assert themselves largely unaided by political, entertainment and media leaders — except when they serve as cautionary tales of egregious behavior.

Over a period of weeks, this is the story of the revolt against sexual harassment. What seemed for generations the prerogative of powerful men has been fully revealed as a pernicious form of dehumanization.

An ethical light switch was flipped. Moral outrage — the appropriate response — now seems obvious.

As long as the US Constitution and its many protections stay up I am all for it.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:01 AM
n/a

Quote:

WE don't make up our minds about things...the MEDIA TELLS us how to think about things.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:58 AM
n/a

Swift?
I guess that is a for sure relative term.
An activity that has gone on since there have been a male and a female (people that is).

The current wave is nothing more than a media and cyber social induced, driven frenzy.

When it becomes time to jump on the $$$$ band wagon, there should be a first set of questions.

Like why wait until 10-20-30 years later?
Was there a gain/advantage/price to pay when it actually happened?

$$$$$$$$$$$$!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Swift?
An activity that has gone on since there have been a male and a female (people that is).

The current wave is nothing more than a media and cyber social induced, driven frenzy.

When it becomes time to jump on the $$$$ band wagon, there should be a first set of questions.

$$$$$$$$$$$$!
You have not talked or communicate with survivors/victims of very powerful people I take it. I met many law students who were scared to take on someone with the favor of the administration of the law school. Unless there is hard evidence it is he said/she said. Or he said/he said.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:15 AM
n/a

If you ain't done it as4hole it can't be done..... you ever fusk this skank?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16143240_1168096543285811_8037205964739636360_n (1).jpg (50.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
You have not talked or communicate with survivors/victims of very powerful people I take it. I met many law students who were scared to take on someone with the favor of the administration of the law school. Unless there is hard evidence it is he said/she said. Or he said/he said.
I agree there is some of the fear of taking on the rich, connected and powerful.

But what changes 10-20-30 years hence as in today's media circus?

In the end is it not all he said she said.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Swift?

$$$$$$$$$$$$!
Yup...women using sex to get what they want...it's been going on forever. It's all they've got.

Yes...is it still spreading or is it waning? Are there still more new allegations? Or have new accusations stopped?

You're f@cking the boss to get hired, get a raise, get the part in a movie...is BUSINESS. That's YOU making a "contract"...quid pro quo. You get what you wanted and he gets what he wanted. It HAS been going on...forever.

Women OFFER sex all the time to "get what they want". Be it a free dinner and dancing to a role in a movie.

Quote:
If I was "raped" by my boss or the president of the U.S., I would go to the nearest phone and call 911 and explain exactly what just happened.

F@cking for your own profit doesn't count...and that IS what these women did. They WILLINGLY went to the casting couch to get AHEAD of ALL the other women applying. They F@cked because they lacked the talent, would they have gotten the part without having sex? They're BOTH guilty of "cheating"...they're both EQUALLY guilty. It's NOT the man's fault just because he's a man. And that's what they are convincing us is the case.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
I agree there is some of the fear of taking on the rich, connected and powerful.

The men all say "prove it". How can you "prove" someone grabbed your body if a camera is not there to record it? In Roy Moore's case, dozens of people say those girls told them about the incidents when they happened...but Moore was a powerful DA and the girls just kids. Now, however, with cell phone cameras everywhere, "prove it" just might be possible.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:04 AM
n/a

You women have brought the "abuse" bar for men's actions so low...it's lying on the ground.

Next...saying "hello" will be unwanted contact.

It's funny how things work out... When white men were in power...we didn't want women or minorities around.

Now that women and minorities are gaining power...they don't want white men around.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
WE don't make up our minds about things...the MEDIA TELLS us how to think about things.
I am so terribly sick with the lazy americans blaming the media for all the ills of the world.

They bitch about the media and the many sides presented and yet bitch about the media pushing this or that.

IT IS LAZINESS that causes people to blame others for their lack of being informed. Do we know everything....hell, no. Should we....hell no again. BUT, the media, NOT COMMENTARY BUT NEWS is there IF YOU WANT TO BE INFORMED.

Seems most on here simply search for something to validate what they want to think and if they takes our reading into the "wastelands" of fact on the internet or even to another country, so be it. You would think the recent government hearings and talk of the intrusion by outsiders would scare people, but laziness, it seems will prevail.

The media is the "dog ate my homework" for lazy adults.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am so terribly sick with the lazy americans blaming the media for all the ills of the world.

They bitch about the media and the many sides presented and yet bitch about the media pushing this or that.

IT IS LAZINESS that causes people to blame others for their lack of being informed. Do we know everything....hell, no. Should we....hell no again. BUT, the media, NOT COMMENTARY BUT NEWS is there IF YOU WANT TO BE INFORMED.

Seems most on here simply search for something to validate what they want to think and if they takes our reading into the "wastelands" of fact on the internet or even to another country, so be it. You would think the recent government hearings and talk of the intrusion by outsiders would scare people, but laziness, it seems will prevail.

It is as easy as dog piling current events. Dogpile Web Search
Old 11-24-2017, 10:27 AM
n/a

Quote:

Where rocky? WHERE is the news out there? Is it on CNN? FOX? NPR? WHERE is the TRUTH? It's NOWHERE. You're not going to get the truth from the media. Not the WHOLE truth and NOTHING but the truth. The "media" is the propaganda arm of the government/powerful. We THINK we are getting the truth and every other countries citizens are getting propaganda...but WE are getting propaganda too!!!

There you go...getting all scared over things THEY want you to be scared of. Every year our list of what to be afraid of grows. But it's NOT an all inclusive list because it leaves out the ONE thing you SHOULD be scared of...being bred out and LOSING your culture. America is FALLING in EVERY regard...BECAUSE they are changing the demographics. America DIES when we reach 80% minorities...and that happens in 30 years. NOBODY in the media is talking about that. This is GUARANTEED destruction...not just interference.

The media is the SOURCE for your information UNLESS you dig deep into the webs underworld or go to another country for information. The media is corrupt...like all the rest...our politicians...they are available to the highest bidder.

There's a story today about google ranking search results according to how much the ranked site is worth to google and their "politics". There is an "official" media crusade to stamp out "unofficial" media sources. To take down "alternative right" references. Censorship.

Because alternative views...the truth...is DANGEROUS to them.

Media = propaganda
Old 11-25-2017, 09:55 AM
n/a

Default Getting back to the issue of men harassing and abusing women...

Let's look at women and women's rights in context.

100 years ago, women had NO rights as a human person in the USA. They were treated legally and morally as only property. Fathers and husbands could sue employers and others for defiling their "property".

Not until women's suffrage, and then the Civil rights movement, have women been even slightly treated as equal to men in legal or even moral terms.

Today, we have seen the emergence of women not only revealing, but also admonishing men who, until recently, have had carte blanche with regard to physicality toward women.

Evidently, there are those on this forum that have a great problem with women exerting their human rights and their abomination to those who would physically abuse them.

Hurray for those women.

To those men: payback is a real bitch!
Old 11-25-2017, 01:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:

You idiots don't understand "power": it starts with a Type 2 Law: in this case it's the Bar Exam -- the Type 2 barrier to entry into that filthy corrupt profession called "the legal profession", the prelude to which is that stupid "law school" (Abe Lincoln simple 'read law'). Now that those fragile-flower law students are under the rock of this particular Type 2 oppression, YOU WONDER why they keep getting taken advantage of. They are the victim of YOUR IGNORANCE.

The Structure Of Politics: Type 1 vs. Type 2 laws

Femo-Fascism 101

Tags
, moral, sexual, light, ethical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.